Investigation after man hit by train dies
AN INVESTIGATION has been launched into the death of a man who was hit by a train yesterday morning.
The man was hit near Cholsey at around 7.20am. His death is not being treated as suspicious.
Trains between Didcot Parkway and Reading were delayed by up to an hour after the incident, but all lines had reopened by 1pm.
British Transport Police (BTP) were called to Cholsey Station and paramedics were also called, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
A BTP spokesman said: “The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
“Inquiries are ongoing to establish the identity of the man and inform his family.”
The BTP spokesman... read more
Most read news
- 16:19 Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to arrive in US and make...
- 16:13 MH370 search nations trial long-haul plane tracking
- 16:11 Norwich 2-0 Ipswich: Bradley Johnson and Lewis Grabban fire hosts...
- 16:07 Stoke City 1 Hull City 0: Marc Wilson on the block to seal three...
- 16:06 Pictured: Man knifed to death in Hamilton in late night street...
- 15:28 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger ready to show Per Mertesacker the exit...
- 15:20 Can Angel di Maria save his Manchester United career?
- 14:52 Manchester City players should be embarrassed for their performance...
- 14:37 Crocked Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard hails 'awesome' win over...
- 13:38 Police officer stabbed in head during south London knife attack