Investigation after man hit by train dies
AN INVESTIGATION has been launched into the death of a man who was hit by a train yesterday morning.
The man was hit near Cholsey at around 7.20am. His death is not being treated as suspicious.
Trains between Didcot Parkway and Reading were delayed by up to an hour after the incident, but all lines had reopened by 1pm.
British Transport Police (BTP) were called to Cholsey Station and paramedics were also called, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
A BTP spokesman said: “The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.... read more
- 11:29 30 people killed in explosions in a 'terrorist attack' in Turkey
- 11:28 Nassem Galleze murder: Third man charged with violent disorder
- 11:27 Carlos Sainz Jr conscious after crash in Russian Grand Prix practice
- 11:25 Holland face doomsday scenario as they enter final two Euro 2016...
- 11:25 Manchester United and Liverpool spent big in the transfer window,...
- 11:11 Car fire in Crowland
- 11:11 Fire crew rescue stranded horse from pond
- 11:10 Nottingham menswear brand Sauce & Brown open first store
- 11:10 Gainsborough: Man is disqualified from driving for six months for...
- 10:56 Babies are full of design flaws