Investigation after man hit by train dies
AN INVESTIGATION has been launched into the death of a man who was hit by a train yesterday morning.
The man was hit near Cholsey at around 7.20am. His death is not being treated as suspicious.
Trains between Didcot Parkway and Reading were delayed by up to an hour after the incident, but all lines had reopened by 1pm.
British Transport Police (BTP) were called to Cholsey Station and paramedics were also called, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
A BTP spokesman said: “The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
“Inquiries are ongoing to establish the identity of the man and inform his family.”
The BTP spokesman... read more
- 18:55 Parents protest at Walsall school after stabbing fears
- 18:31 Arnold pub landlord charging parents to use car park on school run
- 17:55 Borussia Dortmund: The TRUTH behind Man Utd's bid for Arsenal...
- 17:43 Hillsborough Independent Panel member Katy Jones dies
- 17:22 Chelsea transfer target Nathan drops huge hint he's signed for...
- 17:19 Fossil fuel industry must change profoundly, says former Shell boss
- 17:13 Arsenal "set to tie Hector Bellerin down to long-term contract to...
- 16:49 Liverpool target Memphis Depay: I have NOT spoken to Man United
- 16:11 Manchester United striker: I don't know if I'll be at Old Trafford...
- 16:11 Liverpool News: £65m TRIPLE swoop, Sturridge BLOW, Depay's DREAM...