Investigation after man hit by train dies
AN INVESTIGATION has been launched into the death of a man who was hit by a train yesterday morning.
The man was hit near Cholsey at around 7.20am. His death is not being treated as suspicious.
Trains between Didcot Parkway and Reading were delayed by up to an hour after the incident, but all lines had reopened by 1pm.
British Transport Police (BTP) were called to Cholsey Station and paramedics were also called, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
A BTP spokesman said: “The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
“Inquiries are ongoing to establish the identity of the man and inform his family.”
The BTP spokesman... read more
- 04:52 Man Utd Transfer News; Sterling to sign on FREE, Depay as a kid,...
- 04:52 TRANSFER NEWS: Arsenal and Chelsea EXCLUSIVE, Sterling leaves on...
- 04:48 Las Vegas tycoon Sheldon Adelson to face graft accusations in US court
- 04:42 Case Logic SureFit Rotate
- 03:37 Can Guy Sebastian win Eurovision? He says he's just hoping not to...
- 03:36 Manager Wilder’s ambition persuaded Adams to sign on at the Cobblers
- 03:25 Quarter of personnel 'preparing to quit UK armed forces'
- 02:14 Top Gear trio back in action and packing a punch: Clarkson, Hammond...
- 01:26 Manchester United make HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT after Arsenal draw
- 22:45 Manchester United set to finalise transfer plans over next three days