Investigation launched into death of Sheffield woman, 61, found dead after police altercation
THE police watchdog is investigating after a 61-year-old woman was found dead after being involved in an "altercation' with officers in Sheffield.
South Yorkshire Police were called to an incident on Southey Green Road at around 5pm last Friday, August 10, and witnesses reported that she ended up on the floor after rowing with the officers.
The woman was found dead at her home the next day.
South Yorkshire Police referred the incident to The Independent Police Complaints Commission, which is now carrying out an investigation.
This will examine the circumstances of the incident and, in particular, how the woman came to be on the floor.
It is also believed that onlookers may have... read more
Most read news
- 07:08 Spondon potholes are an 'absolute nightmare', say frustrated motorists
- 07:08 Nottinghamshire Fire Service attended more than 9,000 incidents in...
- 07:02 Hull KR: Beating Wigan Warriors proves we're up for a fight
- 06:58 John Woodhouse TV Preview: Benefits Britain: Life On The Dole -...
- 06:58 Derby Road: Two lanes to be closed on main route for next 11 weeks
- 06:58 Live travel: M1 Derbyshire - one lane closed and delays after...
- 06:58 Tough new law: changes to drugs and driving rules
- 06:55 Toxteth murder probe: Anthony Blye, 44, charged with murder of Kay...
- 06:49 Nokia, NTT DoCoMo prepare for 5G ahead of Tokyo Olympics launch
- 06:49 BlackBerry to broaden its cross-platform strategy