Investigation launched into death of Sheffield woman, 61, found dead after police altercation
THE police watchdog is investigating after a 61-year-old woman was found dead after being involved in an "altercation' with officers in Sheffield.
South Yorkshire Police were called to an incident on Southey Green Road at around 5pm last Friday, August 10, and witnesses reported that she ended up on the floor after rowing with the officers.
The woman was found dead at her home the next day.
South Yorkshire Police referred the incident to The Independent Police Complaints Commission, which is now carrying out an investigation.
This will examine the circumstances of the incident and, in... read more
- 16:30 Mairead Philpott finally shows regret for killing her six children
- 16:30 Scientists to discover what becomes of the broken hearted
- 16:30 Anti-gay monk will be able to continue spreading hate
- 16:24 Award-winning brewery creates special ale for this year’s Coastival
- 16:13 Campaigners urge locals to vote ‘Yes’ in MNP referendum
- 16:12 Twitter goes into meltdown after Kolo Toure scores his first ever...
- 16:08 Doctors angry as "cancelled" Jeremy Hunt event goes ahead
- 16:05 Aston Villa 0-6 Liverpool: Daniel Sturridge scores on first start...
- 16:00 Police release kinky duo from handcuffs – then find out man’s...
- 15:57 Huge fireball outside Glasgow Airport after taxi explodes