Investigation launched into death of Sheffield woman, 61, found dead after police altercation
THE police watchdog is investigating after a 61-year-old woman was found dead after being involved in an "altercation' with officers in Sheffield.
South Yorkshire Police were called to an incident on Southey Green Road at around 5pm last Friday, August 10, and witnesses reported that she ended up on the floor after rowing with the officers.
The woman was found dead at her home the next day.
South Yorkshire Police referred the incident to The Independent Police Complaints Commission, which is now carrying out an investigation.
This will examine the circumstances of the incident and, in particular, how the woman came to be on the floor.
It is also believed that onlookers may have... read more
Most read news
- 09:45 Going green for Woodhall classes
- 09:43 Transfer News LIVE: Manchester United, West Ham, Chelsea and...
- 09:40 Greece shakes Europe's political kaleidoscope: expect the unexpected
- 09:40 More homes set to be built on edge of town
- 09:39 Kim Sears responds to swearing controversy with 'parental advisory'...
- 09:36 Derbyshire crash: Two injured after car hits lamppost
- 09:33 Isis video of Japanese hostage Kenji Goto condemned by Japan: 'We...
- 09:28 Did you manage a 'Dry January?'
- 09:18 TRANSFER NEWS: City wait on Pogba, United eye £157m double deal,...
- 08:54 Beerhunter: How Golden Duck Brewery found the Commons touch