Iran creates fake blogs in smear campaign against journalists in exile
Iran's smear campaign against journalists in exile includes a fake version of the BBC's Persian website, right. The real BBC site is on the left. Photograph: BBC Iran has been conducting a smear campaign designed to intimidate Iranian journalists living in exile, including apparent death threats.
Cyber-activists linked to the Islamic republic have fabricated news, duplicated Facebook accounts and spread false allegations of sexual misconduct by exiled journalists, while harassment of family members back in Iran has been stepped up by security officials.
The staff at the BBC's Persian service in London are among dozens of Iranian journalists who have been subjected to what appears to be an... read more
- 13:10 A majestic anthem: Preview of a cruise ship in tune with the modern...
- 13:06 Facebook predator Lee Halpin jailed for four years
- 13:02 Manchester United line up £12.5million transfer of Schalke defender...
- 13:02 Louis Van Gaal: Ryan Giggs WILL be the next Manchester United manager
- 12:58 Airport on sale - for £1
- 12:56 Kenny Dalglish: Liverpool will make changes in the summer but...
- 12:56 Ronnie O'Sullivan admits he would love to be Top Gear presenter
- 12:56 Tito Vilanova remembered one year on from the beloved Barcelona...
- 12:54 Your article: Long Service Awards for teachers
- 12:52 Queen of the South striker Iain Russell aims to cement play-off...