Iran creates fake blogs in smear campaign against journalists in exile
Iran's smear campaign against journalists in exile includes a fake version of the BBC's Persian website, right. The real BBC site is on the left. Photograph: BBC Iran has been conducting a smear campaign designed to intimidate Iranian journalists living in exile, including apparent death threats.
Cyber-activists linked to the Islamic republic have fabricated news, duplicated Facebook accounts and spread false allegations of sexual misconduct by exiled journalists, while harassment of family members back in Iran has been stepped up by security officials.
The staff at the BBC's Persian service in London are among dozens of Iranian journalists who have been subjected to what appears to be an... read more
Most read news
- 03:42 Claims see colleges go cool on links to Cosby
- 03:39 Bowleven chief is in line for £40,000 of shares
- 03:39 Markets by Rog Wood
- 03:39 Inaugural Young Farmers conference takes a look at precision in...
- 03:38 Asian shares trade mixed despite strong US growth
- 03:31 Peek's smartphone eye team in crowdfund appeal
- 03:25 MSP pays emotional tribute to C.diff families
- 03:16 Degree apprenticeships launched to boost hi-tech skills
- 02:12 Schalke 0-5 Chelsea PLAYER RATINGS: Cesc Fabregas shines in...
- 21:09 Nani shows exactly why Manchester United want him back with...