Iran creates fake blogs in smear campaign against journalists in exile
Iran's smear campaign against journalists in exile includes a fake version of the BBC's Persian website, right. The real BBC site is on the left. Photograph: BBC Iran has been conducting a smear campaign designed to intimidate Iranian journalists living in exile, including apparent death threats.
Cyber-activists linked to the Islamic republic have fabricated news, duplicated Facebook accounts and spread false allegations of sexual misconduct by exiled journalists, while harassment of family members back in Iran has been stepped up by security officials.
The staff at the BBC's Persian service in London are among dozens of Iranian journalists who have been subjected to what appears to be an... read more
- 00:35 Postcard from... Tel Aviv
- 00:35 'Going Clear': HBO broadcasts film alleging torture by Church of...
- 00:32 Test of Hibs' mettle as play-offs loom once again
- 00:32 Pretswell puts illness to one side to impress in Agadir
- 00:32 Jeremy Clarkson to host all new motoring show
- 00:32 Jimmy Savile's wax work considered too evil for the Chambers of...
- 00:21 Wilfried Zaha still has time to force himself into the England...
- 00:12 Arsenal "looking to seal transfer of £24.8m Barcelona ace Pedro'
- 00:01 Let's get physical... Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney...
- 21:55 Manchester United striker Robin van Persie "set for Fenerbache...