Iran creates fake blogs in smear campaign against journalists in exile
Iran's smear campaign against journalists in exile includes a fake version of the BBC's Persian website, right. The real BBC site is on the left. Photograph: BBC Iran has been conducting a smear campaign designed to intimidate Iranian journalists living in exile, including apparent death threats.
Cyber-activists linked to the Islamic republic have fabricated news, duplicated Facebook accounts and spread false allegations of sexual misconduct by exiled journalists, while harassment of family members back in Iran has been stepped up by security officials.
The staff at the BBC's Persian service in London are among dozens of Iranian journalists who have been subjected to what appears to be an... read more
Most read news
- 19:42 UK and France to join global anti-corruption initiative
- 19:40 Are children naturally better with computers than their parents?
- 19:20 'Soldier beheaded' in street as two shot in suspected terrorist...
- 19:13 'Soldier' beheaded in Woolwich Islamist terror attack
- 19:07 Xbox One: Has Microsoft lost the name game in the console war?
- 18:49 Microsoft's Xbox One: Have the price (Â£399) and release date (30...
- 18:32 Fiat Industrial May Move Tax Base To UK
- 18:08 "Army cadet" killed in London terrorist attack
- 18:06 Former Manchester United and England star Greenhoff dies aged 60
- 18:06 I'm disappointed but I understand why I was sacked! Pulis opens up...