Iran creates fake blogs in smear campaign against journalists in exile
Iran's smear campaign against journalists in exile includes a fake version of the BBC's Persian website, right. The real BBC site is on the left. Photograph: BBC Iran has been conducting a smear campaign designed to intimidate Iranian journalists living in exile, including apparent death threats.
Cyber-activists linked to the Islamic republic have fabricated news, duplicated Facebook accounts and spread false allegations of sexual misconduct by exiled journalists, while harassment of family members back in Iran has been stepped up by security officials.
The staff at the BBC's Persian service in London are among dozens of Iranian journalists who have been subjected to what appears to be an... read more
Most read news
- 17:52 SMALL CAP MOVERS: More treats than tricks for AIM market as cyber...
- 17:24 Teenager, 18, stabbed to death in London Bridge
- 17:21 Cheslea and Arsenal on RED ALERT as Man Utd move a step closer to...
- 17:17 BREAKING: Fiona Woolf resigns as head of the inquiry into historic...
- 17:13 Manchester United head into weekend derby with BETTER defence than...
- 17:12 Codnor pub to be demolished
- 17:09 South Shields ‘hacker’ held over cyber attack on Durham police
- 16:48 Louis van Gaal: How Ryan Giggs will be Man United's secret weapon...
- 15:55 Arsenal receive MASSIVE boost in their pursuit of Sporting Lisbon ace
- 14:33 Labour take victory in Yorkshire crime tsar poll, but few vote