Iran creates fake blogs in smear campaign against journalists in exile
Iran's smear campaign against journalists in exile includes a fake version of the BBC's Persian website, right. The real BBC site is on the left. Photograph: BBC Iran has been conducting a smear campaign designed to intimidate Iranian journalists living in exile, including apparent death threats.
Cyber-activists linked to the Islamic republic have fabricated news, duplicated Facebook accounts and spread false allegations of sexual misconduct by exiled journalists, while harassment of family members back in Iran has been stepped up by security officials.
The staff at the BBC's Persian service in London are among dozens of Iranian journalists who have been subjected to what appears to be an... read more
Most read news
- 07:05 Thatcher ‘was warned of Tory child sex party claims’
- 07:04 Brit bar attacker Jamie Robinson who left innocent man with...
- 07:04 ‘No hope of seeing their bikes again’
- 07:04 VIDEO: Women of Steel twins celebrate 90th birthday
- 07:03 Nestle official health logo permitted 'in error'
- 07:02 Bakewell Show set to return
- 07:01 U.S. food group CEO to brief media as McDonald's feels pinch in...
- 06:38 Ken Clarke warns PM
- 06:38 Clifton resident and fan of all things Nottingham
- 06:10 Home buyers put off by high prices and rising rates