Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 10:33 Meir mum Natalie Eckert to run London Marathon - in high heels
- 10:33 Council leader Mohammed Pervez needs to smile
- 10:33 This week we put Seven Questions to...Nick Dagger
- 10:32 Blooming great success for Kippax
- 10:29 Ryan Bailey 'will be leader of Hull KR's pack' after signing from...
- 10:27 GALLERY: Poppy Appeal launch - part 2
- 10:26 Man admits injuring police officer with petrol bomb
- 10:26 GALLERY: Northampton Halloween 2014 in pictures
- 10:20 Angel Di Maria REVEALS why he joined Manchester United
- 10:17 Dunholme Indoor Bowls Club complete £50,000 refurbishment