Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 11:24 Colan Lamont: Travis Browne looks for another big hit as he plots...
- 11:19 Row after RSPCA puts down Doncaster man’s cats
- 11:12 Lincolnshire Bank Holiday drivers face delays after M1 crash
- 11:09 In pictures: Duchess of Cambridge thanks Australia for the warm...
- 11:09 Anonymous gift for poorly Peterlee baby handed into Hartlepool Mail...
- 11:09 Cracking fun over Easter with Oscar’s after school and holiday club
- 11:09 Transfer news: Arsenal and Juventus eye Sheffield United striker...
- 11:09 "Ghost car' appears from nowhere and causes a crash
- 11:09 No consistent drop in species, say Scots scientists
- 11:06 TEAM NEWS: Jelavic and Long in line to face Arsenal as Hull...