Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 05:03 Famed US-born translator and Chinese citizen, dies aged 98
- 04:58 O'Connor pleased with comeback win
- 04:53 South Korea concert victims' families call for leniency
- 04:42 IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 billion to take chip unit off its...
- 04:42 Antarctic conference to vote on huge marine parks amid strained...
- 04:40 Billionaire Mark Cuban says he is buying Netflix shares
- 04:37 Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- 04:15 US drops weapons to Kurds in Syria
- 04:09 Talented horse rider impresses Olympians
- 03:55 Paedophile Cases Still Unsolved After Tip-Offs