Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 08:39 Appeal for more pedal power on JE James ride for hospice
- 08:38 Sick trolls bombard Simon Cowell’s Twitter feed with images of dead...
- 08:36 Halal meat could be put back on school menus in Leicester
- 08:23 Capita profits jump on £1.3bn of new contracts
- 08:20 Your Wednesday morning report for the Wakefield district
- 08:20 Leicester Mercury Save a Life Campaign: Shopkeeper is 400th learner...
- 08:14 Users welcome vote to reopen closed Grimsby ice rink
- 08:13 Meet the Leeds teenager flying high - at the age of 19
- 08:12 Motorists rescued by firefighters following crash on A38
- 07:38 Strong pound hits UK engineer Renishaw's annual profit