Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 07:02 Ed Balls: Labour would cap rise in child benefit
- 06:57 Owls fans unite for poorly Olivia
- 06:57 Sheffield pays tribute to Battle of Britain heroes 74 years on
- 06:51 Bone research hopes at University of Nottingham
- 06:51 Newstead Village World War One heroes are honoured
- 06:51 Awards sport new category
- 06:51 In tune with community
- 06:51 Musical tribute to a wartime hero
- 06:10 Bank of Queensland to pay $17m to Storm Financial customers
- 06:10 Royal Mint launches online dealing account … in gold