Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 07:05 Gotham crash: Drink drive arrest after death of Nottingham...
- 07:03 Newcastle v Spurs team news
- 07:02 Japan auto lobby sounds alarm over weak domestic sales
- 07:02 Holyrood to debate devolution welfare powers
- 07:02 Nicola Sturgeon faces Kezia Dugdale for first time
- 07:02 Schools in the North East receive £17m extra government funding
- 06:58 Royal Mail sale achieved 'significant value', Myners report says
- 06:56 Stoke City: I will be patient for another first-team chance, says...
- 06:56 Sunderland police warning ahead of Black Eye Friday
- 06:56 Gentoo backs plans for £2m cancer centre