Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 03:42 Claims see colleges go cool on links to Cosby
- 03:42 Six-figure salaries for top jobs as costs are cut
- 03:39 Bowleven chief is in line for £40,000 of shares
- 03:39 Markets by Rog Wood
- 03:39 Inaugural Young Farmers conference takes a look at precision in...
- 03:38 Asian shares trade mixed despite strong US growth
- 03:31 Peek's smartphone eye team in crowdfund appeal
- 03:16 Degree apprenticeships launched to boost hi-tech skills
- 02:12 Schalke 0-5 Chelsea PLAYER RATINGS: Cesc Fabregas shines in...
- 21:09 Nani shows exactly why Manchester United want him back with...