Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 02:15 Group charged in PayPal cyber attack pleads guilty
- 02:15 Philips, Samsung, Metro offices raided by EU inspectors
- 02:13 South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15
- 01:47 France struggles in EU to stem low-cost foreign workers
- 01:27 One's looking Miami nice! Lady Victoria Hervey soaks up the sun in...
- 01:16 As Alan Pardew reached three years in charge of Newcastle, he must...
- 01:16 Dilma Rousseff: Is Brazil's president ready for the 2014 World Cup?
- 01:13 It's top secret! Ex-United midfielder Butt on The Stone Roses and a...
- 01:04 Thousands of cancer referrals not quick enough, says report
- 01:01 Samsung retries botched update to Galaxy S3 smartphone