Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 19:07 Luxottica explored Essilor deal but conditions were not right
- 19:03 Hartlepool motorists hit on busy rush-hour route after car fills...
- 19:00 Ashya family attack parents' arrest
- 18:58 Ashya family attack parents' arrest
- 18:55 Daley Blind joins Manchester United: Juan Mata lets slip that the...
- 18:44 Danny Welbeck having medical at Arsenal ahead of £6million loan...
- 17:34 Five players Arsenal could still sign before the end of transfer...
- 17:20 Radamel Falcao takes Manchester United transfer spending spree to...
- 17:06 Arsenal transfer news: Can the Gunners still make a deadline day...
- 13:44 How Liverpool proved they are still Premier League title contenders