Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 09:11 Former Sweden boss Lars Lagerback: Former Celtic coach Johan...
- 09:11 Charity fund’s £1,000 boost for young diabetics
- 09:09 Sunderland boss: I always believed in Santi
- 09:08 Prayers for teenager as he fights for life after motorbike smash in...
- 09:08 Coldstream has left the country!
- 09:08 Fingers crossed for Duns and Coldstream applications
- 09:06 Former laboratory site is put up for sale
- 09:03 Young praised as mayor tells of pride after 'fantastic' year
- 09:01 Flight MH370: Australia debris ‘not from plane’
- 07:42 Manchester United open talks over £54million Edinson Cavani transfer