Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 21:36 Facebook to sell real-time Super Bowl ads, taking on Twitter
- 21:33 Facebook reports strong profits, adding millions of users
- 21:32 Group launched to tackle human trafficking in Stoke-on-Trent
- 21:32 TRANSFER NEWS: Arsenal and Chelsea's Destro hope, Man Utd Cuadrado...
- 21:28 Vallerdu factor could be key as Murray goes for finale
- 21:18 Apple takes high road in China smartphone standoff with Xiaomi
- 21:17 US Supreme Court delays executions while it decides on lethal...
- 19:33 In photos: The dogs of Winter Storm Juno
- 16:33 Arsenal go head-to-head with Real Madrid for SECOND La Liga star of...
- 15:46 Arsenal "to stump up £13.5m release clause' to beat Real Madrid to...