Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 22:25 West Ham midfielder Ravel Morrison in custody after "punching and...
- 22:16 Bringing a taste of Europe to South Tyneside
- 22:16 Game of thrones- Afghan leadership vacuum raises summit questions
- 22:14 Cyclist dies after being hit by car in Derbyshire
- 22:06 Driver was using two phones when she killed another motorist
- 22:05 A celebration of all things Yorkshire
- 19:16 Ezequiel Lavezzi would "prefer transfer to Juventus over Liverpool'
- 17:13 Three things fitness guru Shad Forsythe must change about Arsenal
- 17:01 Joel Campbell outwits Nacho Monreal during Arsenal training
- 16:14 Manchester United give Arturo Vidal number seven shirt ahead of...