Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 02:43 WATCH: Tyson Fury sings before issuing challenge to Wladimir Klitschko
- 02:34 Manchester United "set to open transfer talks to sign Ezequiel...
- 02:18 Notts County 0-1 Port Vale: Why this player was Mike Baggaley's...
- 01:55 'I need to teach them about chat-up lines': Rita Ora, 24, flirts...
- 01:55 'I am having a baby!': Model Lily Cole reveals she's pregnant with...
- 01:55 Alex Gerrard cuts a leggy figure in flattering knee-high boots and...
- 01:39 A guilty pleasure: The Boy Next Door Review and trailer
- 01:11 EXCLUSIVE: Footballer's future in crisis after sick taunts about...
- 00:16 What TV channel is Arsenal v Everton on today?
- 00:09 Liverpool close on Stevan Jovetic transfer, he'll leave Manchester...