Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
- 20:34 Ferry fire near Spain forces more than 150 passengers to evacuate
- 20:31 Scotland weather: Arctic blast set to last FOUR WEEKS as...
- 20:20 Stoke City defender Erik Pieters escapes speeding charge through...
- 19:52 Recap: Liverpool FC fans protest over Premier League ticket prices...
- 19:15 New £3m pub serving up 52 new jobs in North Staffordshire
- 18:07 Man Utd News: Chelsea CRUSH £43.5m hopes, Incredible Barca deal...
- 17:51 Arsenal and Liverpool's transfer plans in RUINS as French...
- 16:43 Harry Redknapp: Arsenal can BEAT Chelsea to the title... if they...
- 16:19 Man United make huge club announcement after in-house disagreements
- 15:52 Man United and Chelsea reveal INCREDIBLE summer plans