Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 05:10 U.S. Secret Service director resigns under fire
- 05:08 James Hird holds on as Essendon coach for now, despite Asada fall-out
- 05:02 Reserving gas for domestic users would hurt renewable energy
- 05:00 Strellar performance from Basle
- 04:54 Japan stocks rattled by $617bn 'fat finger' trading error
- 04:51 Manufacturing skills crisis takes shine off soaring sales
- 04:46 Stephen Fry: Drug use different to sexual abuse cases
- 04:25 Tony Abbott’s burqa comments divisive and harmful, says Labor
- 04:21 Alice Gross Case: Post-Mortem Set To Resume
- 04:18 McCanns online abuse dossier probed