Jaime: I'm always cast as stripper
Jaime Winstone has said she still finds the types of acting roles she is offered are quite restricted.
The 28-year-old London-born actress plays a stripper who discovers that the man she has been having an affair with has been killed in new Channel 4 drama Run.
Although she came to prominence in Noel Clarke's Kidulthood, it was her role as one of the victims in BBC One drama Five Daughters that showed she should be taken seriously.
Even so, she's discovered the roles she is offered can still be quite limited. "I'm a young British actress, so you do get a lot of scripts for prostitutes and strippers, which shows there's a lack of material but also that there are a lot of strippers and... read more
Most read news
- 14:01 Preston’s free book shop set to expand
- 14:01 'We take the FA Cup seriously, we really want to win the...
- 14:00 Sheffield United 2-0 Charlton: Could a Clough finally win the FA...
- 13:59 Moving on! Elizabeth Hurley enjoys date with Russian billionaire...
- 13:58 Ukraine crisis: Russian troops detain 30 Ukrainian border guards...
- 13:44 At least 40 killed in Yemen as Houthi fighters near capital
- 13:44 Spurs eye City outcast Milner as rebuild is planned around English...
- 13:44 Jones and Smalling are United at last: Rio and Vidic are on way...
- 13:44 Mourinho sparks mind games as Chelsea boss insists City are still...
- 13:41 Chicken stops play in Blackburn v Burnley derby... again