Khalid Sheikh Mohammed appears at Guantanamo Bay military tribunal
The five men face a total of seven charges in relation to the attacks in 2001 which killed almost 3,000 people. The men are due to stand trial in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, later this year, with Mohammed previously mocking the military tribunal and claiming he would welcome the death penalty if convicted.
Waleed bin Attash, Ramzi Binalshibh, Ali Abd al-Aziz Ali, Mustafa Ahmad al-Hawsawi and Mohammed are accused of planning and executing the September 11 attacks, which saw hijacked planes strike the World Trade Centre in New York, the Pentagon and Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
The men are expected to be asked to enter a plea for the first time when they appear at the tribunal, with Binalshibh's... read more
Most read news
- 23:10 Full-kit Messi emulates Terry (but forgets the shinpads) as...
- 23:08 Father admits killing children
- 23:06 Father admits killing children
- 23:04 No parade, no thanks: Rafa Benitez gets indifferent goodbye from...
- 23:04 Spend or weep: AVB urges summer splurge or Tottenham will suffer...
- 23:03 Father admits killing children
- 22:56 Facebook's fight-back starts here as the social media behemoth...
- 22:18 'No wardrobe malfunctions tonight!' Eva Longoria plays it safe...
- 19:50 EVA LONGORIA SUFFERS WARDROBE MALFUNCTION IN CANNES
- 18:38 Eva Longoria suffers massively embarrassing wardrobe malfunction as...