Lamont: SNP’s independence campaign is ‘dishonest’
Scottish independence: Alex Salmond's SNP are running the most "dishonest, deceptive and disgraceful" campaign ever in a bid to persuade voters to back independence, Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont claimed.
With voters to decide the country’s future in September’s referendum, Johann Lamont said Nationalists were trying to “drag” people to a “place of no return outside the United Kingdom”.
The Scottish Government’s pledge to massively increase free childcare after a Yes vote was branded a “patronising and cynical con” to woo female voters.
With Scots voting on independence in less than six months time, Ms Lamont focused her speech to the Scottish Labour... read more
- 06:50 American dad facing deportation despite living in UK for 53 years...
- 06:36 Lynn McPherson: Someone tell our political leaders to get out of...
- 06:36 John Niven: Elton's outburst suggests the defence of free speech...
- 06:36 Gerry Hassan: There's plenty of talk about pacts, coalitions and...
- 06:33 Albion Rovers 0 Elgin City 3: Jim Weir delighted as league leaders...
- 06:33 Airdrieonians 2 Stenhousemuir 1: Bryan Prunty at the double for...
- 06:28 Mum forced to give up her baby tells of decades of terrible grief
- 06:25 Deloitte fine over Rover 'should go to workers'
- 06:25 Veterans recall huge Allied air drop to cross the Rhine
- 06:11 Patients are being 'kept alive to stop sanctions', Hull's chief...