Lamont: SNP’s independence campaign is ‘dishonest’
Scottish independence: Alex Salmond's SNP are running the most "dishonest, deceptive and disgraceful" campaign ever in a bid to persuade voters to back independence, Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont claimed.
With voters to decide the country’s future in September’s referendum, Johann Lamont said Nationalists were trying to “drag” people to a “place of no return outside the United Kingdom”.
The Scottish Government’s pledge to massively increase free childcare after a Yes vote was branded a “patronising and cynical con” to woo female voters.
With Scots voting on independence in less than six months time, Ms Lamont focused her speech to the Scottish Labour... read more
Most read news
- 09:00 Tulisa admits overdose and depression struggles during drugs trial
- 09:00 Global Gathering reveller dies
- 09:00 Glenn Robinson of Belvoir Crescent, Newhall, charged with explosive...
- 09:00 Crews called to Halifax flat fire
- 08:57 £3,600 to fund Pilates for patients
- 08:56 Grimsby Town boss still looking for new faces ahead of big kick-off
- 08:56 Driver jailed by Scunthorpe court
- 08:54 Pendle scoops Green Flag park awards
- 08:53 Liverpool Giants: Marionettes sail away in river boat finale
- 08:44 Is it time to revive community health services?