Lamont: SNP’s independence campaign is ‘dishonest’
Scottish independence: Alex Salmond's SNP are running the most "dishonest, deceptive and disgraceful" campaign ever in a bid to persuade voters to back independence, Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont claimed.
With voters to decide the country’s future in September’s referendum, Johann Lamont said Nationalists were trying to “drag” people to a “place of no return outside the United Kingdom”.
The Scottish Government’s pledge to massively increase free childcare after a Yes vote was branded a “patronising and cynical con” to woo female voters.
With Scots voting on independence in less than six months time, Ms Lamont focused her speech to the Scottish Labour... read more
Most read news
- 09:57 FTSE creeps higher; Weir leads on analyst upgrade
- 09:55 Sunderland addict emptied her mother and grandmother’s bank...
- 09:54 £1m road safety pot to improve highways
- 09:51 Borini’s demands scuppered possible Sunderland return
- 09:43 Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal hails Radamel Falcao: We...
- 09:42 Britain's FTSE creeps higher; Weir leads on analyst upgrade
- 09:40 Reforms to dominate Greek talks in Paris, debt relief talks...
- 09:38 Yorkshire police face grilling over Cliff Richard raid
- 09:37 Gloves to benefit cancer patients
- 08:56 Manchester United fans fume as club announce Danny Welbeck transfer...