Lamont: SNP’s independence campaign is ‘dishonest’
Scottish independence: Alex Salmond's SNP are running the most "dishonest, deceptive and disgraceful" campaign ever in a bid to persuade voters to back independence, Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont claimed.
With voters to decide the country’s future in September’s referendum, Johann Lamont said Nationalists were trying to “drag” people to a “place of no return outside the United Kingdom”.
The Scottish Government’s pledge to massively increase free childcare after a Yes vote was branded a “patronising and cynical con” to woo female voters.
With Scots voting on independence in less than six months time, Ms Lamont focused her speech to the Scottish Labour... read more
- 03:52 Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez goes on hunger...
- 03:52 Burma's birth control law exposes Buddhist fear of Muslim minority
- 03:41 Dull Labour 'worse than Foot era'
- 03:23 First Australian in action at French Open Olivia Rogowska suffers...
- 03:22 Same-sex marriage debate must be this year, Australian Liberal...
- 02:51 State fund appoints administrator for Malaysia Airlines restructuring
- 02:40 University guide 2016: University of Hertfordshire
- 02:40 University guide 2016: University of the Highlands and Islands
- 02:40 University guide 2016: University of London International Programmes
- 02:18 And the winner is... Rooney Mara named Best Actress at Cannes Film...