Lamont: SNP’s independence campaign is ‘dishonest’
Scottish independence: Alex Salmond's SNP are running the most "dishonest, deceptive and disgraceful" campaign ever in a bid to persuade voters to back independence, Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont claimed.
With voters to decide the country’s future in September’s referendum, Johann Lamont said Nationalists were trying to “drag” people to a “place of no return outside the United Kingdom”.
The Scottish Government’s pledge to massively increase free childcare after a Yes vote was branded a “patronising and cynical con” to woo female voters.
With Scots voting... read more
- 05:41 Anti-racism march in Glasgow to welcome refugees
- 05:38 Paris terror attacks changed George Osborne's mind on huge...
- 05:38 Holly has kidney failure and is being kept alive by a dialysis...
- 05:28 North Wales winter weather battle begins
- 05:23 Brazil to sue Samarco mining firm $5.2bn over dam burst
- 05:20 Parliament can feel a long way from Lincolnshire... but our work...
- 05:20 LETTER: "Ann Summers aims to give women sexual confidence not cause...
- 05:11 Japan to resume whaling in Antarctic despite court ruling
- 05:10 Cop finds burglar raiding his home
- 05:08 John Sentamu: A pilgrim's progress in the company of Christ