Lamont: SNP’s independence campaign is ‘dishonest’
Scottish independence: Alex Salmond's SNP are running the most "dishonest, deceptive and disgraceful" campaign ever in a bid to persuade voters to back independence, Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont claimed.
With voters to decide the country’s future in September’s referendum, Johann Lamont said Nationalists were trying to “drag” people to a “place of no return outside the United Kingdom”.
The Scottish Government’s pledge to massively increase free childcare after a Yes vote was branded a “patronising and cynical con” to woo female voters.
With Scots voting on independence in less than six months time, Ms Lamont focused her speech to the Scottish Labour... read more
Most read news
- 08:17 AFC Ravenscraig boosted by shirt deal with Acumen Steel Processing Ltd
- 08:14 Gary Rycroft column
- 08:13 On my radar: Noel Fielding’s cultural highlights
- 08:12 Sunday Smile: Despicable Me cute costume mishap
- 08:06 ‘Proud to be part of an amazing community’
- 08:01 Student, 19, mugged of camera equipment in a Northampton alleyway
- 07:58 Farming Matters: Varied talents of new man
- 07:58 Totally Frank: The joy of stand-up, by Mr Skinner
- 07:58 Points of no return
- 07:53 'Bike thief' sparks city lockdown