Lamont: SNP’s independence campaign is ‘dishonest’
Scottish independence: Alex Salmond's SNP are running the most "dishonest, deceptive and disgraceful" campaign ever in a bid to persuade voters to back independence, Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont claimed.
With voters to decide the country’s future in September’s referendum, Johann Lamont said Nationalists were trying to “drag” people to a “place of no return outside the United Kingdom”.
The Scottish Government’s pledge to massively increase free childcare after a Yes vote was branded a “patronising and cynical con” to woo female voters.
With Scots voting on independence in less than six months time, Ms Lamont focused her speech to the Scottish Labour... read more
- 11:40 Trainspotting author Irvine Welsh reveals Alex Salmond and Sean...
- 11:40 Listed buildings near Leicester Cathedral to be converted into new...
- 11:39 Oil companies' sponsorship of the arts 'is cynical PR strategy'
- 11:34 Brendan Rodgers targets victory at 'Anfield South' for Liverpool in...
- 11:32 Crime down in Derbyshire in the last year
- 11:32 Western Avenue: topped out for the Festival of Britain
- 11:27 Ilkeston to run London Marathon for toddler
- 11:27 Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber more loved-up than ever as they...
- 11:22 Aston Villa v Liverpool: What time is this FA Cup match on TV today...
- 11:17 Election range could decide vote