Lamont: SNP’s independence campaign is ‘dishonest’
Scottish independence: Alex Salmond's SNP are running the most "dishonest, deceptive and disgraceful" campaign ever in a bid to persuade voters to back independence, Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont claimed.
With voters to decide the country’s future in September’s referendum, Johann Lamont said Nationalists were trying to “drag” people to a “place of no return outside the United Kingdom”.
The Scottish Government’s pledge to massively increase free childcare after a Yes vote was branded a “patronising and cynical con” to woo female voters.
With Scots voting on independence in less than six months time, Ms Lamont focused her speech to the Scottish Labour... read more
Most read news
- 15:51 Boy, 13, comes out to his best friend - his response will restore...
- 15:46 Body found in bush by passer-by on Miller Street in Manchester city...
- 15:45 High Peak local plan: date set for public inquiry
- 15:44 TRANSFER NEWS: Herrera's Man Utd exit, Chelsea's Varane bid,...
- 15:41 TRANSFER NEWS: £20m Man Utd deal AGREED, Chelsea 'new Ronaldo'...
- 15:40 Craft fair to help fund festive show
- 15:33 Book review: A Higher World - Scotland 1707-1815
- 15:31 Body found in Doncaster park believed to be missing Anthony...
- 15:22 Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd to battle for Hoffenheim star...
- 15:10 Sunshine in Sri Lanka could answer England’s World Cup questions