Lamont: SNP’s independence campaign is ‘dishonest’
Scottish independence: Alex Salmond's SNP are running the most "dishonest, deceptive and disgraceful" campaign ever in a bid to persuade voters to back independence, Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont claimed.
With voters to decide the country’s future in September’s referendum, Johann Lamont said Nationalists were trying to “drag” people to a “place of no return outside the United Kingdom”.
The Scottish Government’s pledge to massively increase free childcare after a Yes vote was branded a “patronising and cynical con” to woo female voters.
With Scots voting on independence in less than six months time, Ms Lamont focused her speech to the Scottish Labour... read more
Most read news
- 08:29 Derbyshire thief steals more than £600 of perfume in two days
- 08:28 Pensioner receives tax bill for £4,742,354,255
- 08:28 Thundersnow set to hit Scotland as Met Office warn big freeze is...
- 08:28 National Lottery, Lotto Raffle and Thunderball results for...
- 08:27 Long-standing firm moves into new Doncaster office
- 08:26 Austrians rue starting fashion for Swiss franc mortgages
- 08:25 Favourite Things: Why city life helps chef finder Tony get results
- 08:24 Belper Town beaten by late Stamford penalty
- 08:23 Police find body in search for missing Morecambe man
- 08:23 Old Firm countdown: Rangers boss Kenny McDowall begs ref Craig...