Lamont: SNP’s independence campaign is ‘dishonest’
Scottish independence: Alex Salmond's SNP are running the most "dishonest, deceptive and disgraceful" campaign ever in a bid to persuade voters to back independence, Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont claimed.
With voters to decide the country’s future in September’s referendum, Johann Lamont said Nationalists were trying to “drag” people to a “place of no return outside the United Kingdom”.
The Scottish Government’s pledge to massively increase free childcare after a Yes vote was branded a “patronising and cynical con” to woo female voters.
With Scots voting on independence in less than six months time, Ms Lamont focused her speech to the Scottish Labour... read more
Most read news
- 09:04 Grantham Journal letter: Money-making
- 09:02 Opinion: Israel's stance on Palestine is not even supported by all...
- 09:02 From The Air: The Midland Railway, at Butterley
- 09:02 Competitions: Win a family pass to Alton Towers with your Derby...
- 09:02 Gardening: Don't get stuck with a glut, pop your produce in the...
- 09:02 Antiques, with Charles Hanson: Novelty pin cushion created...
- 09:01 Going potty for puzzles and jigsaws at festival
- 09:00 Chelsea remain confident they will beat off late competition from...
- 08:59 Child Killed As Paris Building Collapses In Blast
- 08:58 Three sex workers stage protest at Festival of Dangerous Ideas