Lamont: SNP’s independence campaign is ‘dishonest’
Scottish independence: Alex Salmond's SNP are running the most "dishonest, deceptive and disgraceful" campaign ever in a bid to persuade voters to back independence, Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont claimed.
With voters to decide the country’s future in September’s referendum, Johann Lamont said Nationalists were trying to “drag” people to a “place of no return outside the United Kingdom”.
The Scottish Government’s pledge to massively increase free childcare after a Yes vote was branded a “patronising and cynical con” to woo female voters.
With Scots voting on independence in less than six months time, Ms Lamont focused her speech to the Scottish Labour... read more
Most read news
- 22:59 Beyoncé poses as Rosie the Riveter, the wartime poster girl who...
- 22:59 StubHub targeted by international cyber fraudsters who stole users...
- 22:57 Tamworth racer is motivated by tragedy on his Brands Hatch return
- 22:53 "There are certain songs I cannot hear because they are so personal...
- 22:48 New arrest by Claudia police as officers drill in York pub
- 22:47 Teen Pilot Dies In Around-The-World Record Bid
- 22:47 Leaders: Find the truth about flight MH17
- 22:34 Lincoln City agree deal to sign former Crystal Palace defender Jake...
- 22:28 Paramedic’s vital Tour de France role
- 18:28 Xherdan Shaqiri would be a welcome sight at Anfield if Liverpool...