Lamont: SNP’s independence campaign is ‘dishonest’
Scottish independence: Alex Salmond's SNP are running the most "dishonest, deceptive and disgraceful" campaign ever in a bid to persuade voters to back independence, Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont claimed.
With voters to decide the country’s future in September’s referendum, Johann Lamont said Nationalists were trying to “drag” people to a “place of no return outside the United Kingdom”.
The Scottish Government’s pledge to massively increase free childcare after a Yes vote was branded a “patronising and cynical con” to woo female voters.
With Scots voting on independence in less than six months time, Ms Lamont focused her speech to the Scottish Labour... read more
Most read news
- 20:41 Agathangelou released by Lancashire
- 20:41 Auditions for TV's Take Me Out to be held in Nottingham
- 20:40 Record number of Mexicans crime victims in 2013 - poll
- 20:39 Boozy Brits admit getting drunk on the plane before starting their...
- 20:39 RAF launch 'successful' air strikes against terrorists in Iraq
- 20:37 Bayern Munich fans spend £5400 to hire office overlooking stadium -...
- 20:36 Dollar jumps, stocks set for worst quarter since 2012
- 20:34 Hong Kong protests: A good time to open a new restaurant?
- 20:27 Hilary Mantel’s Thatcher tale, Exhibit B and the failure to tell...
- 20:26 Live well with 50p less: Sainsbury’s sales strategy slip up