Lamont: SNP’s independence campaign is ‘dishonest’
Scottish independence: Alex Salmond's SNP are running the most "dishonest, deceptive and disgraceful" campaign ever in a bid to persuade voters to back independence, Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont claimed.
With voters to decide the country’s future in September’s referendum, Johann Lamont said Nationalists were trying to “drag” people to a “place of no return outside the United Kingdom”.
The Scottish Government’s pledge to massively increase free childcare after a Yes vote was branded a “patronising and cynical con” to woo female voters.
With Scots voting on independence in less than six months time, Ms Lamont focused her speech to the Scottish Labour... read more
Most read news
- 00:21 Moderator calls for ‘cool heads and calm hearts’
- 00:19 Huddersfield beats Barcelona and Athens to 1m Euro prize
- 00:19 Council attacked after failing to act on pothole dubbed The Beast
- 00:16 Scottish independence: Our day of destiny
- 00:15 Albion Rovers still searching for perfect formula despite hitting...
- 00:13 Muslim Aid Workers Make Plea For UK Hostage
- 00:12 $30m reward offered to catch the killers of 298 people on Flight MH17
- 00:11 £50m deal to ensure tidal scheme powers on
- 00:11 Divided MPC looking likely to maintain stance
- 00:09 End of student cap was 'sprung on universities', ex-special adviser...