Lukas Podolski transfer delights Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger
Podolski, 26, had been widely expected to join the Gunners at the end of the season, and boss Arsene Wenger expressed his delight at finally landing his man.Wenger said: 'We are delighted to secure the deal for Lukas and see him as an important part of our future.
'He is a top-class player, a very good finisher and a proven performer at club and international level. He is a very strong player and will provide us with good attacking options.
'We are happy to have made this signing early and we are looking forward to watching Lukas contribute at the European Championships over the summer, a level where he has already made 95 caps at the age of 26. That is a phenomenal record and just shows... read more
Most read news
- 08:59 Haulage firms add dye to fuel after rise in thefts
- 08:59 Businessman gets into gear ready for transcontinental fundraising...
- 08:59 Plans to cut flooding risk unveiled
- 08:59 Parking penalties ‘not about money’ insists new enforcer
- 08:59 Angry protests as Chinese leader heads to India
- 08:59 Assad troops launch assault on rebels’ border stronghold
- 08:58 Arsenal win Champions League spot but Tottenham fall short
- 08:58 Videos: Thousands of runners join in Race For Life
- 08:56 Ryanair profits and customers rise
- 08:44 Ashmolean museum in Oxford acquires portrait of John Ruskin by Millais