M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers are advised to use other routes, such as the M42 and the M6.
The West Midlands Ambulance Service... read more
- 15:31 Sun shines on indie food festival’s Leeds Feast closing party
- 15:30 Update: Police officer seriously injured at illegal rave at Twyford...
- 15:30 Oil workers forced from new homes following collapse of a...
- 15:25 Iran will allow UN nuclear inspectors to visit military sites,...
- 15:23 The Big Question: Will the United Kingdom ever win Eurovision again?
- 15:23 Iraqi forces lack will to fight - Ashton Carter
- 15:17 Barcelona break with 115 years of tradition with blue and red...
- 15:16 Libyan government warplanes attack ship near port - air force...
- 12:53 Mats Hummels: Why I SNUBBED Manchester United
- 12:20 DONE DEAL: Club confirms Liverpool trialist has signed two-year...