M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers are advised to use other routes, such as the M42 and the M6.
The West Midlands Ambulance Service... read more
Most read news
- 20:04 Conservatives put under further pressure by £2.7bn EU contributions
- 20:04 High Speed 2: Hundreds flock to public meeting
- 20:02 Board of Standard Chartered backs CEO and chairman
- 19:55 Business is booming for dog pampering salon
- 19:52 Police give Ed Miliband a ticking off for not donating to...
- 19:18 Man Utd target Mats Hummels on the VERGE of joining Arsenal
- 19:05 Tottenham striker Harry Kane could make first Premier League start...
- 18:13 Man Utd News: Falcao ruled out of derby, Rooney fit, Red Devils...
- 17:21 Cheslea and Arsenal on RED ALERT as Man Utd move a step closer to...
- 15:55 Arsenal receive MASSIVE boost in their pursuit of Sporting Lisbon ace