M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers are advised to use other routes, such as the M42 and the M6.
The West Midlands Ambulance Service... read more
Most read news
- 11:39 Christine Lagarde placed under formal investigation over...
- 11:38 Have you seen the Lancaster bomber in the skies over North East...
- 11:27 No-one fined in bus station jaywalking ‘crackdown’
- 11:24 Bed-blocking on the increase in NHS Scotland
- 11:23 Christine Lagarde to be investigated for alleged role in political...
- 11:22 Ryanair scraps bag check-in fees for business travellers
- 11:19 Evraz says Ukrainian conflict and sanctions have not hit its...
- 11:15 UK grocery market growing at slowest pace in almost a decade
- 10:58 Police appeal after two serious assaults in Cleckheaton
- 09:35 Scarlett Johansson's Lucy tops UK box office