M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers are advised to use other routes, such as the M42 and the M6.
The West Midlands Ambulance Service... read more
- 17:23 Nottingham shops set to sell new graphene light bulbs
- 17:08 I want Valdes playing for Manchester United - Del Bosque
- 17:05 Sheffield United 1 Crewe Alexandra 2: Match report
- 17:01 Jet Airways passenger opens emergency exit and leaps 15ft down to...
- 16:59 Former Man Utd, Liverpool and Newcastle star Michael Owen lands 4/1...
- 16:58 Finally! Fried chicken you can actually feel good about eating
- 16:26 Joe Perry beats Mark Williams for greatest ever career victory at...
- 15:57 Ex-Liverpool defender Fabio Aurelio begs to play in all-star...
- 15:45 Man Utd prepare lucrative £110,000 per-week contract offer to tempt...
- 15:10 One fan killed and 'several injured' in Nurburgring crash as video...