M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers are advised to use other routes, such as the M42 and the M6.
The West Midlands Ambulance Service... read more
Most read news
- 01:17 The Forgotten Story of ... South Melbourne and Middle Park
- 01:11 Ottawa shooting: Harper’s pro-US agenda has turned Canada into a...
- 01:01 Chaos in Calais: French police resort to firing tear gas at...
- 01:01 Brit nurse that survived Ebola returns to Sierra Leone
- 00:57 Liverpool 0 Real Madrid 3: Five things we learnt from Anfield
- 00:57 Liverpool made to look like paupers by Champions League royals Real...
- 00:50 Russia told African side could walk off at 2018 World Cup
- 00:25 Anderlecht vs Arsenal player ratings: Who was the star man on...
- 00:25 Anderlecht vs Arsenal: Arsene Wenger says Lukas Podolski is 'still...
- 22:18 Arturo Vidal will complete Manchester United transfer in January as...