M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers are advised to use other routes, such as the M42 and the M6.
The West Midlands Ambulance Service... read more
Most read news
- 00:49 Clueless England cricket team is once again humbled by spinners
- 00:49 Manchester United's David Moyes may have more joy if he drops the...
- 00:43 Labour to pledge a job for every young person out of work for a year
- 00:42 The history boys! England storm to Triple Crown victory
- 00:42 Manuel Pellegrini slams his Manchester City flops after crashing...
- 00:42 "The silence is deafening isn’t it!?" Spurs boss Tim Sherwood fears...
- 00:40 Less than 1% of public health budget is used to treat obesity in...
- 00:36 Ex-rebel favourite to win El Salvador presidential election
- 00:30 Ukraine latest: I don’t want war in Crimea says Vladimir Putin
- 00:30 Phoney passports clue to terror attack on Malaysia Airlines jet