M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers are advised to use other routes, such as the M42 and the M6.
The West Midlands Ambulance Service... read more
Most read news
- 20:49 Lorry carrying 20 tonnes of hay catches fire on A500
- 20:44 Police called as too many housing protesters try to attend meeting...
- 20:44 SA to fast-track bill to block land sales to foreigners
- 20:41 The Collection in Lincoln to host special free Archaeology Day
- 20:36 BBQ-D2 the grill-cleaning robot is just what lazy backyard chefs...
- 20:36 Dog dies in hot car on ferry because pets are banned from the...
- 20:34 Frank Lampard's move to New York City FC played down by Seattle...
- 20:32 Exclusive: Chasing the Ukip vote could kill the Conservative Party,...
- 20:31 BSkyB to unveil 'Sky Europe' deal on Friday
- 20:31 Exclusive - Allegations of GSK corruption spread to Syria