M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers are advised to use other routes, such as the M42 and the M6.
The West Midlands Ambulance Service... read more
Most read news
- 18:31 World Cup 2014: Guide to the three cities England will visit in the...
- 18:29 Policewoman jailed after falsely claiming prosecutors had dropped...
- 18:26 Video: Interview with Little Mix
- 18:26 Video: Clip from Homefront - Rethink it
- 18:26 Video: Clip from The Powder Room
- 18:26 The A to 'Zee': Will Zee TV, Britain's first Indian satellite...
- 18:26 Martin Freeman: from Slough to Smaug – then back to Sherlock
- 18:24 World Cup 2014 draw: England have got 'two number one seeds' says...
- 18:24 World Cup 2014: Dates and kick-off times for every game, including...
- 18:23 Wii U to beat Xbox One and PS4 at Christmas says Play.com,