M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers... read more
- 05:21 VIDEO: Sheffield Asda store evacuated after smoke pours from ceiling
- 05:19 Marco Rubio's broken record blunder costs him at New Hampshire debate
- 05:19 Team Sky's Chris Froome wins Herald Sun Tour in Australia
- 05:14 Number of suspected jihadis blocked from leaving Australia doubles...
- 05:13 PM urges prison rethink for mothers with babies
- 05:12 Calm for now, Europhobe Tories could yet ruin Cameron’s schemes
- 04:56 Appeal for missing Tyneside woman
- 04:56 Pupils get a police grilling
- 04:54 Trump says he’d bring back WATERBOARDING and ‘a hell of a lot...
- 04:54 Australian suspected of supporting Islamic State deported from India