M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers are advised to use other routes, such as the M42 and the M6.
The West Midlands Ambulance Service... read more
Most read news
- 18:13 UPDATE: Two confirmed dead after Flamborough helicopter crash
- 18:10 Derbyshire Dales family finds illegal immigrant under camper van
- 18:08 UPDATE: Two confirmed dead after Flamborough helicopter crash
- 18:04 UPDATE: Two confirmed dead after Flamborough helicopter crash
- 18:01 Arsenal fans gear up for Champions League by singing Robin van...
- 17:58 Qualifying for Champions League more difficult this season, claims...
- 17:36 Angel Di Maria determined to rival the other men to wear the...
- 17:28 Pep Guardiola: Manchester United thought they were unbeatable, now...
- 17:11 Manchester United wanted to sign Thomas Muller, Bastian...
- 16:24 Tributes paid to Liverpool make up artist Alicia Richardson