M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers are advised to use other routes, such as the M42 and the M6.
The West Midlands Ambulance Service... read more
Most read news
- 02:31 Scottish independence: Gordon Brown issues warning over UK debt
- 02:31 British labour activist Andy Hall in Thailand trial
- 02:14 Babe in blue: Bar Refaeli showcases amazing figure in navy bandeau...
- 02:14 'That is a moon if I ever saw one!' Karen Gillan provides hilarious...
- 02:07 Tom Lawrence signs for Leicester and Nick Powell also joins on loan...
- 01:56 CONFIRMED: Man Utd complete signing of Monaco's Radamel Falcao
- 22:50 West Ham transfer news: Hammers hope to beat deadline with signing...
- 22:42 Radamel Falcao deal yet to be confirmed, Manchester United fans...
- 22:21 Hull City set to confirm Gaston Ramirez and Hatem Ben Arfa loan deals
- 22:06 Arsenal transfer news: Danny Welbeck set to join from Manchester...