M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers... read more
- 11:17 Rare bee discovered in Lincolnshire for first time in 115 years -...
- 11:15 Nico Hulkenberg leads the way after major diesel spill delays first...
- 11:12 Germany star Thomas Muller blasts 'weak referee' and 'play-acting'...
- 11:05 Vulnerable nations unite to call for greater access to climate funds
- 11:02 Cyclist dies after collision with car on busy Coleshill road
- 11:02 Robert Peston to speak in Birmingham following ITV move
- 11:01 Chris Packham: ‘I have nothing against cats; it is the cat-owners’
- 10:24 White beaches, designer bed linen and daily massages: The hotels...
- 10:24 British nurse who contracted Ebola is back in London isolation unit...
- 09:46 Liverpool star has no regrets over Anfield move and is excited to...