M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers are advised to use other routes, such as the M42 and the M6.
The West Midlands Ambulance Service... read more
Most read news
- 11:48 Ever felt like you're kicking every ball as a Liverpool fan in the...
- 11:43 Why Chelsea should play reserves against Liverpool at Anfield
- 11:43 Nokia says India plant unlikely to be part of Microsoft deal
- 11:39 Lupita Nyong'o and Scarlett Johansson 'in talks' to star in new...
- 11:39 Swineshead street third slowest in UK for broadband speeds, study...
- 11:38 Battle of Britain war hero Ronald Berry's medals sold at auction
- 11:29 In pictures: Our picture editor selects the best images from around...
- 10:12 David Moyes' Manchester United career summed up in nine gifs
- 09:53 Man Utd move for Shaw and Kroos as 11 PLAYERS face Old Trafford exit
- 09:17 United move for Shaw and Kroos as 11 PLAYERS face Old Trafford exit