M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers are advised to use other routes, such as the M42 and the M6.
The West Midlands Ambulance Service... read more
Most read news
- 07:49 New store set for Marina
- 07:44 Jupiter Fund Management assets hit record 33.1 billion pounds in...
- 07:39 Call for reduced number of councillors
- 07:38 15 industrial units planned near A18
- 07:38 Historic pub reopens with new look
- 07:38 East Riding Council leader blasts neighbouring authority over...
- 07:35 Kerry presses India on WTO deal ahead of arrival
- 07:35 Control of assembly, reform plans at stake in South Korea by-elections
- 07:32 Thomas Vermaelen edges toward Man Utd move after Calum Chambers...
- 07:32 Estate’s kids are clean-up champs