M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers are advised to use other routes, such as the M42 and the M6.
The West Midlands Ambulance Service... read more
Most read news
- 08:35 BURTON ALBION: Gary Rowett expects a tough clash at Stevenage today
- 08:35 Shadow Chancellor, Ed Balls, escapes spider attack live on-air
- 08:34 The Green party surge – and why it’s coming from Bristol and all...
- 08:34 Lutterworth charity group smashes £1m milestone
- 08:33 Former Sheffield cinema to become events hub
- 08:30 Hull City of Culture chief to map out the road to 2017
- 08:21 Ben Gibson’s trying to contain excitement in Middlesbrough
- 08:19 Football coach accused of punching teenage referee in the face...
- 07:55 Australia's Ebola response a shambles, medical association...
- 07:47 Drivers who drink as little as one pint of beer could end up in...