M5 crash: First pictures show carnage of fatal lorry and coach smash
Police confirmed a fatality following the incident shortly after 6am on Saturday.Dozens of others have been taken to hospital with injuries, with some reports suggesting more than 30 individuals have been affected by the smash.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing the coach being hit from behind by the lorry near a services stop between junctions three and four.
At the time of the crash, conditions in the area were said to be foggy in patches and it took place on a stretch of the highway that is currently undergoing roadworks.
The motorway remains closed between junctions three and four and drivers are advised to use other routes, such as the M42 and the M6.
The West Midlands Ambulance Service... read more
Most read news
- 09:51 From the Advertiser archives - November 20 edition
- 09:34 Islamic State targeted in 30 air strikes by U.S., allies
- 09:34 Children in ‘Takeover Day’ at Sunderland Civic Centre
- 09:33 Former Celtic star Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink reveals a bizarre...
- 09:33 I want to be a one-club man like Paul McStay, says Celtic captain...
- 09:32 Free Christmas dinner and festive fun for Rugby residents
- 09:30 Man United transfer gossip: Vidal move, Cavani and Muller interest
- 09:30 Man charged with 'car body' murder
- 09:16 Man in hospital after A180 collision
- 09:15 Van Persie to leave Manchester United, Arsenal eye £30m midfield...