Major rail disruption after person hit by train
RAIL services through Morley and Cottingley are being seriously disrupted after someone was hit by a train close to Dewsbury Station.
Emergency services arrived at the station at around 3.20pm today.
All passengers have been asked to leave the station, which is now closed to the public.
National Rail is reporting delays of up to 60 minutes between Leeds and Huddersfield. It said delays will continue until further notice.
Police have also closed the section of Dewsbury ring road which passes the station and the Yorkshire Air Ambulance has arrived on the scene.
Most read news
- 11:28 Pressure mounts over 'loons' claim
- 11:26 Graduate’s job ordeal in this weeks News
- 11:26 Fire service swamped with calls as flash floods hit Cumbria
- 11:26 Eurosceptics running protection racket in Tory party, says Lord...
- 11:24 Dracula aids tourism
- 11:24 New Xbox more than a game console for Microsoft
- 11:24 Estate get community hub
- 11:22 Pakistan holds vote despite killing
- 11:22 Pressure mounts over 'loons' claim
- 11:18 British father, 53, becomes first man in the world to have his...