Manchester United 2-0 Swansea: Paul Scholes and Ashley Young strike as Red Devils hang on in the title race
Football: The destination of this year's Premier League title will go down to the final day of the season as Manchester United kept up the pressure on league leaders Manchester City by beating Swansea thanks to goals from Paul Scholes and Ashley Young.
Even before the first ball was kicked at the home of the current champions, United knew that three points was a must if they were to have any hope of retaining their crown having seen their local rivals beat Newcastle United in the day's early kick-off.
Hence the somewhat subdued atmosphere around the ground with even the most hardened United supporter surely believing that the league title would be making the short trip across the city for... read more
Most read news
- 05:48 Memorial planned for code-breaker
- 05:48 Too many mental patients in cells
- 05:44 Memorial planned for code-breaker
- 05:43 Banning ‘likely to offend’ road names is fun-spoiling officiousness
- 05:42 Webcams taken over by hackers, charity warns
- 05:07 Eurotunnel accused of overcharging train companies
- 05:04 NHS 'Cover-Up' Staff Could Be Named
- 04:54 Tributes to 'genius' Gandolfini
- 04:40 Gatland springs surprise as he names Corbisiero ahead of Vunipola...
- 00:17 Liverpool sign 14-year-old Kane from Bristol City as focus on youth...