Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
Most read news
- 15:55 GameCity interviews – Christos Reid on depression and biography –...
- 15:53 Willian sets sights on Chelsea winning it all and claiming the...
- 15:50 Chelsea garage sells for half a million
- 15:49 Libyan army says recaptures four barracks in Benghazi
- 15:33 QPR will be a ‘difficult game’ for Chelsea, claims Jose Mourinho
- 15:30 Our Halloween general knowledge quiz is tricky - make no bones...
- 15:14 The best Halloween memes and Tweets from the Premier League,...
- 14:33 Labour take victory in Yorkshire crime tsar poll, but few vote
- 14:27 Mats Hummels move to Man Utd or Arsenal is OFF… and Marco Reus is...
- 13:23 Arsenal push for £25.5m Cedric transfer as agent refuses to rule...