Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he... read more
- 06:23 Hammer horror: Man attacked as he slept in his motorhome in Hartlepool
- 06:23 Teenage knife raiders split victim’s lip after breaking into...
- 06:23 Hartlepool boy’s delight at meeting star of TV’s The Royle Family
- 06:22 Fukushima: Japan ends evacuation of Naraha as 'radiation at safe...
- 06:21 Boeing opens commercial spaceship plant at Nasa centre in Florida
- 06:17 Grandson’s day out treat wins a £50 shop prize
- 06:17 Why has BBC ignored Hull’s suffering in the Blitz?
- 06:17 The week in pictures... from the Leeds Rhinos emphatic triumph at...
- 06:16 Afghan activists urge donors to make aid conditional on women’s rights
- 06:16 Sophie Heawood: why I won’t condemn Chrissie Hynde