Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
Most read news
- 19:07 Luxottica explored Essilor deal but conditions were not right
- 19:03 Hartlepool motorists hit on busy rush-hour route after car fills...
- 19:00 Ashya family attack parents' arrest
- 18:58 Ashya family attack parents' arrest
- 18:55 Daley Blind joins Manchester United: Juan Mata lets slip that the...
- 18:44 Danny Welbeck having medical at Arsenal ahead of £6million loan...
- 17:34 Five players Arsenal could still sign before the end of transfer...
- 17:20 Radamel Falcao takes Manchester United transfer spending spree to...
- 17:06 Arsenal transfer news: Can the Gunners still make a deadline day...
- 13:44 How Liverpool proved they are still Premier League title contenders