Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
Most read news
- 19:03 Britain’s housing crisis: are garden cities the answer?
- 19:02 Siem de Jong reveals he has a 'couple of weeks' left on crutches as...
- 19:00 CCTV: Police release image after woman sexually assaulted by man...
- 18:56 Germany’s malaise shows eurozone can’t cut its way to prosperity
- 18:53 Scotland exempt from Tories’ Human Rights Act axe
- 18:45 Cameron’s tax cuts: short-term cheers at expense of longer-term...
- 18:45 ARM creates operating system for 'internet of things'
- 18:31 Bayern Munich refund hardcore fans who rented out Moscow apartment...
- 18:19 Former Tory donor raises Ukip donation to £1m over Hague comments
- 17:33 Ex-Manchester United star Gerard Pique: Roy Keane scares the S***...