Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
- 02:46 German firms warns UK over EU referendum
- 02:45 New York socialite Gigi Jordan gets 18-year sentence for poisoning...
- 02:42 AFL: what to look out for in round nine
- 02:34 'Abortion video tutorial' ads shock Chile amid debate on easing ban
- 02:27 Bangladeshi boat migrants doomed from the start
- 02:09 Yemen: anti-aircraft fire cause of most civilian casualties in...
- 02:02 Greek PM holds teleconference with German, French leaders
- 01:58 Corrie's Catherine Tyldesley looks svelte as she steps out to party...
- 00:54 Southampton REJECT Liverpool's initial £9m bid for Man Utd target...
- 00:54 Club source offers TWIST in Manchester United pursuit of Ilkay...