Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
Most read news
- 12:50 Church to reopen after flooding
- 12:50 Peter Moores named England cricket coach for second time
- 12:48 Liverpool music fans turn out in force for Record Store Day 2014
- 12:48 Malaysian Open: Lee Westwood battling for victory after Alan...
- 12:40 Man seriously injured after car creash leads to attack in Bradford
- 12:38 New £50k play area opens
- 12:38 Harrogate couple to marry after cancer diagnosis
- 12:32 Tottenham v Fulham team news: Harry Kane starts again
- 12:24 COMMENT: Marco Reus is the PERFECT signing for Manchester United
- 12:23 Happy: Hundreds Record Videos For Disaster Fund