Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
Most read news
- 10:35 Mathieson: I think Kevin Strootman to Man Utd WILL happen
- 10:33 Hartlepool United boss left ‘scratching his head’
- 10:26 Carlsen vs Anand: World Chess Championship game 11
- 10:20 Missing man Matthew Winspear could be in Lincoln
- 10:14 Mum threw glass at pub worker’s head
- 10:13 Man comes up with 101 things to do with his ex-wife's wedding dress
- 10:06 aleXsandro Palombo depicts cartoon characters as victims of...
- 10:05 Use the break to think about growth
- 10:05 Angry Bucknall man beat dad over head with metal crutch in row over TV
- 09:58 PUB GRUBBER REVIEW: It may be cold outside, so why not warm up with...