Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
Most read news
- 05:28 Lincolnshire Walking Group: You can meet people from all walks of...
- 05:25 U-turn likely on through-traffic ban for Flemingate in Beverley
- 05:12 Television programme to explore 'the nice side' of King John
- 05:12 Skegness author William Hussey tells a cyber tale
- 05:12 Whitney Houston's Daughter 'Doing Fine'
- 05:03 Man to run Lincoln 10k barefoot in memory of grandfather
- 05:02 Old Firm, Old Foes: Glasgow Derby Returns
- 04:59 Firms prepare for new tax rules as China vows crackdown
- 04:51 Doncaster club’s belated Christmas party cracker
- 04:47 Lincolnshire family raise £1,000 for Lincoln County Hospital stroke...