Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
Most read news
- 05:43 Kids As Young As 11 Sharing Self-Harm Images
- 05:43 Greek Clashes: Protesters In Syriza Backlash
- 05:43 The Cult Of Farage: Hero's Welcome In US
- 05:21 Merseyside Fire Authority to raise council tax precept by almost 2%...
- 05:21 Grim discovery on Wirral beach turns out to be bones of dead dolphin
- 05:17 Abortion law on sex selection splits Midland MPs
- 04:44 FSB Small Business Expo heading to ICC Birmingham
- 04:40 Lesotho prepares for early vote in bid to ease political crisis
- 04:31 Parks Football: Lincoln Sunday League round-up
- 04:09 Alibaba's online payment firm Ant Financial eyes 2017 IPO - state...