Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
Most read news
- 07:57 10,000 pairs of fake Nike trainers seized at Hull docks will be...
- 07:55 Why Arsenal's move for Calum Chambers makes perfect sense - except...
- 07:50 Stoke City transfer gossip: Liverpool winger Oussama Assaidi greedy...
- 07:41 Sun, water and sand... we're beside the seaside at Derby!
- 07:41 Why Liverpool-bound Dejan Lovren has proved he is just another...
- 07:41 Your views on Derby ward cash being spent on cricket club six miles...
- 07:37 Nigel Mills Column: Cash to fix potholes welcomed
- 07:35 Refuse a fare? Scunthorpe taxi drivers told they'll get 8-12 points...
- 07:35 Sky Rides at Normanby Hall this weekend
- 07:33 Mata: Van Gaal's told us we must speak to each other in English