Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
Most read news
- 03:45 Women Run Over By Train On Rail Bridge
- 03:40 The man who plays French horn with his toes
- 03:37 Pfizer leaves investors guessing on intentions for Astra
- 03:33 Colombia's Santos says FARC attacks could end peace process
- 03:31 University goes global with plan to open campus in South Korea
- 03:27 Murray Park, symbol of mistrust
- 03:27 Miller backs Watt for quitting Celtic
- 03:27 The sky's the limit for Muir with both youth and Young on her side...
- 03:21 President's cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid party
- 03:21 Civilians die in new Ukraine fighting