Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
Most read news
- 23:08 Three charged in plot to ship chemical lab equipment from U.S. to...
- 23:07 Judith Owen reveals how husband Harry Shearer - star of This Is...
- 22:57 "Ghost' caught on video running through stadium crowd in Bolivia's...
- 22:57 Barclays Attacked In Mystery 'Staff Letter'
- 22:56 Bill Jamieson: A clear need for honesty on future
- 22:56 Tom Peterkin: Landowners issue may be on hold
- 22:49 Madeleine McCann: British girl was assaulted in the same Portuguese...
- 22:49 'It will be difficult to do worse next season' - Tottenham...
- 22:42 UK inflation expectations fall to lowest since late 2009 - YouGov
- 22:05 Train Kick Selfie Guy is set to scoop up to $250,000 thanks to his...