Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
Most read news
- 03:12 SFA academy 'not for Stirling', insists club chairman
- 03:12 Snodgrass backed to recover from the 'tragedy' of injury
- 03:12 Tom Taiwo excited by Easter Road return with Falkirk
- 03:12 Brand new black and blue: Trio of new recruits as Warriors launch...
- 03:12 'I'm trying to beat those guys to death'
- 03:12 Inexperienced Scots taught a lesson as coach Bradburn continues to...
- 03:12 Legia sack official for clerical error
- 03:09 Gove Effect 'To Hit Schools' GCSE Results'
- 03:09 Japan August flash PMI shows manufacturing accelerated as orders grow
- 02:54 HP's sales boosted by computer unit but profit falls