Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
Most read news
- 10:00 Letters: Spring has sprung?
- 09:57 Co-op Set To Hand Senior Staff Large Pay Boost
- 09:57 Malaysian intelligence: four passengers with suspect IDs were on...
- 09:57 Police use pepper spray and arrest 68 US students at pre-St...
- 09:46 MEMORY LANE: Camouflage nets
- 09:46 Some great talent was on show....
- 09:46 Morrisons expected to soften profit blow with property sale
- 09:46 Italy's Renzi plans 10 billion euro cut to income tax - report
- 09:44 SLIDESHOW: Pictures from Sunday morning’s huge blaze at Hartlepool...
- 09:44 Nicola’s amazing Race for Life challenge