Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
- 09:29 Grimsby man hit girlfriend in the face
- 09:23 Pink army puts on war paint for Race for Life
- 09:21 End of an era for bungalows? Last of elderly-friendly homes could...
- 09:20 In the closet with actress Holli Dempsey
- 09:18 £150k playground launched at Donna Louise Children's Hospice
- 09:16 TRANSFER NEWS: RVP plots Man Utd exit, Chelsea's BIZARRE bid,...
- 09:15 VIDEO: Oculus Rift Virtual Reality headset hands-on test
- 09:00 Nottinghamshire beer buy bus guide launched
- 08:46 Peter Blackburn: Enjoy the 'craft beer revolution' but don't forge...
- 08:45 Plaque unveiled old at Luddite pub