Mario Balotelli 'buys entire pub a drink before £200 midnight mass donation'
The Italian was joined by his girlfriend Raffaella Fico at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, on Christmas Eve and he shocked onlookers by putting £200 on the collection plate as he left. Balotelli was then asked by the reverend if he would join the church in providing a drop-in Christmas dinner for the homeless on Christmas Day. 'Nobody could believe it when he walked in,' an onlooker said. 'The last thing anyone expected was a big celebrity like him turning up for the service but he was very polite and charming and didn't draw attention to himself.' Balotelli has become something of a cult figure since moving to England from Italy.He has been involved in training ground... read more
Most read news
- 09:44 Arsene Wenger 'scared' that Aaron Ramsey will miss Arsenal's busy...
- 09:37 Fight breaks out mid-flight over crying baby on board causing pilot...
- 09:35 Austria seeks 3.5 billion euro from BayernLB over Hypo purchase
- 09:32 Detained China rights lawyer facing 'inhuman torment', wife says
- 09:32 Santa learns sign language to talk to deaf girl
- 09:32 Eight children found stabbed to death in Australia
- 09:20 How will Arsenal line up against Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday?
- 09:19 Arsene Wenger to choose between £50m Edinson Cavani or £31m Paulo...
- 08:56 Fellaini: I was blamed for Man United woes last season
- 08:48 Marouane Fellaini: Why I was an EASY TARGET at Manchester United