MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
Most read news
- 17:33 A warm welcome for Strictly star
- 17:29 A time of battles – real and literary
- 17:29 Taxpayers’ money spent on childcare is not wasted – it’s an investment
- 17:28 Stoke City: Victor Moses accepts John Hartson apology
- 17:17 Premier League: Burnley vs Everton match preview
- 16:27 TEAM NEWS: Ex-Liverpool ace Shelvey returns for Swans, Mahrez back...
- 16:27 Blow for Wales after Leicester midfielder Andy King has suspension...
- 16:16 SMALL CAP MOVERS: Horse Hill oil explorers hit by volatile trading...
- 14:24 I don’t know where he gets his strength from! Wenger praises...
- 14:13 Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho: Don't talk to me about Man United star...