MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
- 19:58 Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond visits Urenco
- 19:57 Reading 1-2 Arsenal: Adam Federici howler lets in second Alexis...
- 19:52 It was our best performance of the season! Rooney hails Man Utd...
- 19:52 Chelsea hero Eden Hazard: We are CLOSE to winning the league after...
- 19:52 It was a HUGE win! John Terry reflects on Chelsea win over Man Utd
- 19:50 Wrong man taken on 90 mile journey to court for stabbing attack
- 19:46 Family pay tribute to "caring" mum and "bubbly" daughter who were...
- 19:45 John Terry fouled Radamel Falcao in the build-up to Chelsea opener...
- 19:43 World's dumbest criminal? Prisoner carves tattoo onto his forehead...
- 19:10 What does Szczesny want from us!? Arsenal fans react on Twitter to...