MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
Most read news
- 06:32 Alstom says record first-quarter transport orders offset low power...
- 06:30 Stoke City on tour: Sights set on Bojan this morning
- 06:27 Tragic bus driver had no door-jam training
- 06:23 Children involved in future development of community
- 06:20 Crackdown on crime to tackle north Leeds trouble hotspots
- 06:20 Top marks for deaf teacher in regional teaching awards
- 06:12 Tour cycle legacy in West Yorkshire boosted after £2.8m bid is...
- 06:11 Cycling fever returns to Sheffield
- 06:11 Day of drama as Dronfield pupils race with champions
- 06:08 TV highlights 23/o07/2014