MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
Most read news
- 21:05 Call the cops! Google unveils final design of its self driving car...
- 21:05 Putting the FIN in finger: Scientists discover genes that may have...
- 21:02 Arsenal legend: Arsene Wenger HAS to sign Chelsea and Man Utd targets
- 20:58 Referee Neil Swarbrick makes textbook interception to stop Chelsea...
- 20:58 Nigel Farage irked by parody phone app game ‘Ukik’
- 20:20 Can this beer make you more creative? Researchers create 'problem...
- 19:41 Dortmund look to replace Man Utd target Marco Reus by OUTBIDDING...
- 18:20 TRANSFER NEWS: Vidal talks Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool plans...
- 16:42 "Distressed' seal found 17 mile from coast is pushed into trailer...
- 15:44 James Brindley: Police discover body in search for missing Blurton man