MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
- 13:11 At least 16 prisoners killed in Guatemala jail riot
- 13:04 Transfer news: Cristiano Ronaldo wants Manchester United move,...
- 13:03 It's National Wine Week - here's 27 reasons wine is better than sex
- 13:01 James McAvoy: Scotland will get independence.. and it will be a...
- 13:01 Ex-Hearts star Kevin Twaddle's new Hope as medics save his...
- 13:01 Those were the days! Stunning holiday snaps from the early 1900s...
- 13:01 Ryanair refused to give £2,000 refund to 27 tourists who cancelled...
- 12:59 UPDATE: Tributes to 'much-loved' Preston medical student who died
- 12:58 Welsh town copies corporates in tax protest
- 12:20 Arsenal News: Gunners line up Neves swoop, injury update, Sanchez...