MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
- 23:03 Arsenal star Theo Walcott backs Harry Kane for England stardom
- 23:03 LONG: POINT COULD BE VITAL
- 23:01 Bodies pulled from rubble THREE DAYS after horror gas explosion
- 22:54 Derby's Jack O'Connell misses out on Empire Film Award
- 22:34 Shareholders in Government contractor Serco to vote on whether to...
- 22:34 Marks & Spencer hoping to put disastrous festive trading behind it...
- 21:55 Manchester United striker Robin van Persie "set for Fenerbache...
- 21:40 Arsenal "ready to sign Liverpool's Raheem Sterling in shock transfer'
- 21:36 Fernando Torres pays tribute to "different class' Liverpool fans in...
- 21:15 Person killed by train in Derbyshire named on social media as...