MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
Most read news
- 06:09 Creating theatre for teenagers: practitioners remember being 15
- 06:08 RPT-Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
- 06:06 Barnsley MP welcomes job scheme
- 06:05 New Rules To Tackle Excess Skin Op 'Lottery'
- 06:05 Ukraine: 'Intimidation' Ahead Of Crimea Vote
- 06:04 Mum allowed armed robber to hide gun at her home in Leeds
- 05:53 North Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions -...
- 05:48 Canada, South Korea conclude long-delayed free trade deal
- 05:41 Torment of Leeds woman after mystery disappearance of childhood...
- 05:41 Leeds children binge drink because they are ‘bored’