MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
Most read news
- 17:17 The Giver: conservative parable or a Hollywood film like any other?
- 17:16 Google car 'runs over dog' in the name of comprehensive Street View
- 17:12 Lidl throws down gauntlet to rival stores
- 17:03 Ousted 'Trojan Horse' schools heads fight for reinstatement
- 16:59 'Punch bag slashers won't beat us' - Tommy Coyle steps in to help...
- 16:56 Jackie Chan 'ashamed' over son Jaycee's drug arrest
- 16:54 Fun ways in which Grantham businesses can take part in Gravity...
- 16:49 Scotland ‘won’t lose’ EU rights after Yes vote
- 16:49 Non-league chairman will pay £2 to fans who attend Hull United's...
- 16:27 iPhone 6: Latest leaked images are the sexiest yet