MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
Most read news
- 06:21 Alnwick Spring Show: The results
- 06:21 The race was on for Sport Relief
- 06:13 Opposition councillors bemoan ‘Labour monopoly’ on ‘super council’
- 06:13 Foodbank use on the increase in Sunderland
- 06:12 Thrifty and proud of it
- 06:10 A London buyer wants a buy-to-let: what could go wrong?
- 06:08 Future of housing market at risk of ‘standstill’ as young people...
- 06:08 How we built a digital games empire
- 06:08 Brand on the run are back on the road
- 06:06 Leeds teenager helped ram rad gang target supermarket and post office