MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
Most read news
- 11:47 A really wild day out for Michaela
- 11:42 HeidelbergCement to start sale of building materials in September
- 11:41 Driverless car trials set for 2015
- 11:40 Russia Sanctions 'Will Hit UK Economy'
- 11:31 Lawwell appointed to Scottish FA's main board
- 11:12 Arsenal lose High Court battle over staging concerts at Emirates...
- 10:40 Why Daniel Sturridge is relishing life at Liverpool without Luis...
- 10:06 Manchester City's academy stars Kelechi Iheanacho, Bruno Zuculini...
- 09:29 Can Arsenal beat Everton and Newcastle to Lyon’s Clement Grenier?
- 08:52 Major blaze on Wellingborough industrial estate