MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
Most read news
- 14:38 Tamworth FC boss Morrell: 'Let's make this the start of something'
- 14:38 Fly-tippers punished for offences in Ansley and Arley
- 14:13 What will Manchester United do in the January transfer window?
- 14:10 PlayStation 4 stolen in Kettering burglary
- 14:07 Teabags, garden gnomes and kitchen utensils: Britons reveal the...
- 14:07 Holidaymakers choose winter destinations by what's trending on...
- 13:48 Arsenal ready to pay £36.6m to seal transfer deal for Real Madrid...
- 13:14 Will the scrapping of 'beer tie' close pubs in North Wales or...
- 12:53 Xherdan Shaqiri told to LEAVE Bayern in January with Man Utd and...
- 12:21 EXCLUSIVE: Arsene Wenger is stubborn… he won't fix Arsenal's...