MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
Most read news
- 04:54 Rights group slams Thai detention of child migrants and refugees
- 04:47 Brazil's Silva looks presidential, but not a shoo-in
- 04:43 Appeal to stop prized Wedgwood Collection from being sold
- 04:38 Japan wage growth surges in July
- 04:28 Chris Kelly loses £500k bet after standing down as MP
- 03:12 Blind is seen at United but club left waiting for Falcao
- 02:40 Chelsea cash in on the £100m cast-offs as number of loanees playing...
- 01:13 Smith and Poleon out - Montenegro in at Leeds United
- 22:50 West Ham transfer news: Hammers hope to beat deadline with signing...
- 22:42 Radamel Falcao deal yet to be confirmed, Manchester United fans...