MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company... read more
- 00:12 Huddling rats act like 'super-organisms': Study reveals how rodents...
- 00:11 Gareth Bale says Wales can go all the way to France 2016 after...
- 00:11 Euro 2016 round-up: Czech Republic come from behind to beat...
- 00:11 Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone backs Pirelli and slams Ferrari...
- 00:11 Premier League spending trend is ruining chances for English...
- 00:06 Anthrax scandal: US army orders new toxins crackdown
- 00:06 UK summer washout means mixed news for business
- 00:05 Nicola Sturgeon: Scotland to take in 1000 refugees
- 00:02 How aspirin could help slow growth of cancer
- 00:01 Comeback kid: Andy Murray keeps US Open dream alive after securing...