MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
Most read news
- 14:25 Sky’s the limit for Kirklees College
- 14:22 Digital divide opening in UK schools report warns
- 14:19 Stalker threatens the Catt
- 14:18 Hannah Graham Suspect Linked To 2009 Murder
- 14:18 North Korea leader Kim Jong-un breaks ankles due to 'love of Swiss...
- 14:17 Alan Pardew, average players and a lack of ambition from Mike...
- 13:57 Man Utd must fend off Bayern Munich to sign Wolfsburg star Ricardo...
- 12:53 Man Utd to go to WAR with Chelsea in an attempt to sign Everton...
- 12:08 Man City eye £60m-rated ex-Man Utd starlet after passing on Chelsea...
- 11:29 Jamie Carragher: How I'd line up in defence if I was Liverpool manager