MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
Most read news
- 11:48 Ever felt like you're kicking every ball as a Liverpool fan in the...
- 11:43 Why Chelsea should play reserves against Liverpool at Anfield
- 11:43 Nokia says India plant unlikely to be part of Microsoft deal
- 11:39 Lupita Nyong'o and Scarlett Johansson 'in talks' to star in new...
- 11:39 Swineshead street third slowest in UK for broadband speeds, study...
- 11:38 Battle of Britain war hero Ronald Berry's medals sold at auction
- 11:29 In pictures: Our picture editor selects the best images from around...
- 10:12 David Moyes' Manchester United career summed up in nine gifs
- 09:53 Man Utd move for Shaw and Kroos as 11 PLAYERS face Old Trafford exit
- 09:17 United move for Shaw and Kroos as 11 PLAYERS face Old Trafford exit