MCDONALD'S SEES MONTHLY SALES DROP
The US-based company says global sales at restaurants open at least a year fell 1.8% for the month. The last time the figure dropped was in 2003.
The figure is a key indicator because it strips out the impact of newly opened and closed locations.
The fast-food chain says the figure fell 2.2% in both the US and Europe. In the region encompassing Asia, the Middle East and Africa, it dropped 2.4%.
After years of outperforming its rivals, McDonald's has seen sales slow recently as the company faces intensifying competition and a persistently weak economy.
Most read news
- 18:17 Premier League: Tottenham vs West Brom match preview
- 18:17 Premier League: Aston Villa vs Arsenal match preview
- 18:17 Premier League: Leicester City vs Manchester United match preview
- 17:18 Five solutions to Arsenal's defensive midfield problems
- 17:15 MTV Crashes: Katy B pulls out of gig following death of brother
- 16:51 GALLERY: Fire at Southview Leisure Park in Skegness
- 16:46 Fabio Borini scores sensational top-corner screamer during...
- 16:37 Liverpool starlet "Suso agrees to join AC Milan on permanent deal'
- 16:06 Firefighters tackle blaze at Southview Leisure Park in Skegness
- 14:15 Two 18-year-old men arrested after a man's body is found in...