Messi turns down whopping £460,000-a-WEEK deal after Anzhi trigger his £205m Barcelona release clause
Lionel Messi turned down a blockbusting move to an unknown Russian club after a bid of £205million triggered his release clause.
The club, thought to be Anzhi Makhachkala, then offered a blockbusting £460,000-a-week deal to the Argentine superstar, a massive £24m a year after tax, according to The Sun.
Most read news
- 11:08 Melbourne festival programme runs away with the circus in 2014
- 11:06 West Ham United transfer news: Hammers offered Samuel Eto'o as Sam...
- 11:06 Ronald Koeman tweets picture from Southampton training ground -...
- 11:02 Toronto Film Festival: The Judge will be opening film
- 10:59 This chair feels and smells like you're sitting on real human flesh
- 10:55 Alexis Sanchez's visa issue highlights the pre-season problems...
- 10:49 iStyle: Men's foot patrol - Sandals vs Shoes
- 10:41 Open access: effective measures to put UK research online under...
- 09:37 Arsene on edge! Visa problem grounds new-boy Sanchez as Wenger...
- 09:32 Murder hunt launched after man found dying