Mila Kunis lost family in the Holocaust
Actress Mila Kunis carries a haunting family secret - she lost relatives in the Holocaust.
The Black Swan star was born in the Ukraine and moved to the US with her parents when she was a child.
Kunis, 28, has now revealed her family was torn apart by the genocide in Europe during World War II and she grew up living in fear of persecution as she was forced to hide her Jewish ancestry during her early years in the country, which borders Russia.
She tells The Sun, "My whole family was in the Holocaust. My grandparents passed and not many survived. After the Holocaust, in Russia you were not allowed to be religious. So my parents raised me to know I was Jewish. You know who you are... read more
Most read news
- 22:43 It's a family affair for Premier League curtain-closer as stars...
- 22:18 'No wardrobe malfunctions tonight!' Eva Longoria plays it safe...
- 21:45 UK hospital is first in the world to get state-of-the-art scanner...
- 21:40 The Republican wolves are out for Obama but they are yet to draw blood
- 21:39 Film Review: Inside Llewyn Davis, The Cannes International Film...
- 21:21 Over 100 people killed in weekend bloodshed
- 19:50 EVA LONGORIA SUFFERS WARDROBE MALFUNCTION IN CANNES
- 18:38 Eva Longoria suffers massively embarrassing wardrobe malfunction as...
- 17:37 Bale controversy as Spurs star is booked for dive when it was a...
- 16:40 EVA LONGORIA SUFFERS WARDROBE MALFUNCTION IN CANNES