Ministers snub calls for new wind turbine rules
There is currently no set minimum limit on how close wind turbines can be built to homes, roads and public rights of way. Last September, a Government planning inspector allowed an appeal to build five turbines at Spalding airfield, near Howden.
One of the turbines at the site will stand just 750m from the nearest residential property.
At the same time, the inspector also rejected a separate seven- turbine scheme for another site at Spaldington after claiming it would create an... read more
- 08:04 House prices up as average property value hits £195,621
- 07:59 Transfer News: Man Utd offer, Arsenal beating Liverpool to winger,...
- 07:58 Stoke City on tour: Potters' pain game is a thing of the past,...
- 07:58 Broadband project to boost Scots island communities
- 07:47 Manchester United "step up efforts to seal Karim Benzema transfer'
- 07:39 Diesel is cheaper than unleaded for first time in 14 YEARS - and...
- 07:39 Asia takes leadership on renewables, but only out of necessity
- 07:25 Grieving dad of pitchfork murder victim Thomas Lamb dies of a...
- 07:19 Christopher Biggins on Cilla Black's death: 'Whatever happened, it...
- 04:57 Louis van Gaal to wield axe and show Man United midfielder Jesse...