Ministers snub calls for new wind turbine rules
There is currently no set minimum limit on how close wind turbines can be built to homes, roads and public rights of way. Last September, a Government planning inspector allowed an appeal to build five turbines at Spalding airfield, near Howden.
One of the turbines at the site will stand just 750m from the nearest residential property.
At the same time, the inspector also rejected a separate seven- turbine scheme for another site at Spaldington after claiming it would create an... read more
- 07:18 Celtic to finalise Nadir Ciftci signing.. and ex-team mate Mark...
- 07:14 LOOK: Historic £5m Anglesey mansion up for sale for the first time...
- 07:11 Barclays chief executive Antony Jenkins to leave
- 07:08 Former Leicester City striker Tom Hopper and ex Middlesbrough...
- 07:00 Bentley’s building a football factory
- 06:38 Crewe Alexandra: Leicester City full-back Zoumana Bakayogo on trial
- 05:35 Transfer News: £30m Man Utd offer, Arsenal bid accepted, Chelsea...
- 05:31 Transfer News: Arsenal's Higuain warning, Man Utd's mega bid,...
- 04:04 China stock markets continue nosedive as regulator warns of panic
- 01:37 Jurassic World boosts Cineworld sales as dinosaur blockbuster makes...