More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
Most read news
- 18:20 Taxi base will stay at City Car Wash in Stoke
- 18:11 Free pack of dog chews for Dearne readers
- 17:53 Two conmen jailed over £10m investor scam
- 17:41 RAF Jet Chases Russian Planes Away From UK
- 16:47 Liverpool owners 'absolutely delighted' and set to reward Brendan...
- 16:18 SPOTTED! Paul Scholes leaves Carrington after sealing coaching...
- 16:18 Rio Ferdinand and Rafael not up to standard at Manchester United -...
- 16:10 'Tempers and feelings are running high' - Andy Cole critical of...
- 15:36 Liverpool fan set for first hair cut in 11 years as Reds close in...
- 14:00 Liverpool could coincide Premier League glory with Anfield...