More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
Most read news
- 15:56 HSBC faces backlash after closing accounts held by certain UK...
- 15:56 Northumberland residents won’t be left out in the cold
- 15:51 No further action in Moyes claim
- 15:51 Britain pledges an extra £3m for Gaza as UN school is attacked by...
- 14:30 'Skywalker' signature rejected by passport officials
- 14:26 Police name 12-year-old cyclist who died in collision as Jake Mitchell
- 13:43 Update: Man killed in industrial accident in Grantham is named locally
- 13:35 Arsenal transfer boost as Sporting Lisbon put William Carvalho up...
- 11:25 VIDEO: Major blaze on Wellingborough industrial estate
- 11:12 Arsenal lose High Court battle over staging concerts at Emirates...