More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
Most read news
- 21:10 Jürgen Klopp relishing Champions League ‘holiday’ against Arsenal
- 21:09 Nani shows exactly why Manchester United want him back with...
- 21:08 Barcelona's Lionel Messi becomes Champions League's all-time...
- 20:52 Jurassic World trailer promises scariest dinosaur film yet
- 20:39 Chelsea clear to sign £200m Lionel Messi as rivals Bayern Munich...
- 20:35 Chelsea News: Ex-Blues star to Man Utd, Pogba blow, Giovinco latest
- 20:35 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd's SECRET talks with Robben, Chelsea's Pogba...
- 20:07 LINE-UPS: Courtois back for Chelsea, Arsenal target starts for Schalke
- 18:58 Schalke vs Chelsea and APOEL vs Barcelona Champions League LIVE:...
- 18:29 Five people taken to hospital after smash on A75 near Annan