More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
Most read news
- 08:39 Buried for 70 years: Harrowing Nazi death camp film Alfred...
- 08:39 Celtic star Leigh Griffiths warned by Ronny Deila: You must become...
- 08:38 Hartlepool boxer Tommy Ward faces biggest fights against Esham...
- 08:38 Hartlepool golfer Graeme Storm moves up ISPS Handa Wales Open...
- 08:38 Nostalgia round-up: Have you missed the latest edition of the Way...
- 08:37 Residents say new homes on site near Grimsby's hospital 'will cause...
- 08:36 Heroin addict went on thieving spree to fund habit
- 08:35 Salmond goes as calls for English-only votes mount
- 08:28 Road shut as flytippers leave giant waste dump
- 08:25 Burnley boss warns Sunderland fans to expect tough test