More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
Most read news
- 19:23 Video food blog: Scotch lamb
- 19:23 Revealed: Greater Manchester WILL get an elected 'Boris-style'...
- 19:18 Man Utd target Mats Hummels on the VERGE of joining Arsenal
- 19:05 Tottenham striker Harry Kane could make first Premier League start...
- 19:03 What I wore this week: a split skirt
- 18:13 Man Utd News: Falcao ruled out of derby, Rooney fit, Red Devils...
- 17:21 Cheslea and Arsenal on RED ALERT as Man Utd move a step closer to...
- 17:09 South Shields ‘hacker’ held over cyber attack on Durham police
- 16:48 Louis van Gaal: How Ryan Giggs will be Man United's secret weapon...
- 15:55 Arsenal receive MASSIVE boost in their pursuit of Sporting Lisbon ace