More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
Most read news
- 10:16 Dentist left in limbo new Sunderland bridge plans
- 10:12 Chinese fighter jet performs 'dangerous' aerial stunts close to US...
- 10:11 South Shields judo star Sarah Clark bows out on a high
- 10:10 Could Lincolnshire hospital parking become free?
- 10:10 Roadworks taking place on major routes in Leicestershire and the...
- 10:10 Mates use their holiday to help
- 10:10 Labour club steward stole takings to gamble
- 10:04 Isle of Man Classic TT: Gary Johnson seventh going into Formula 1...
- 09:57 Still no sign of Milo, the CCTV-search cat
- 09:57 Man, 66, facing assault charge