More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
Most read news
- 08:05 Major search for missing Channel fishing boat suspended
- 08:05 Skull discovery harks back to time humans had sex with Neanderthals
- 08:00 B&M store due to open in March
- 08:00 Pork supplier Cranswick confident after strong Christmas trading
- 07:58 Shell to cut spending by $15 billion over next three years
- 07:58 UK pub firm M&B says Christmas sales up but margins down
- 07:55 Morgan chooses IPL over Test bid
- 07:54 Eoin Morgan set to play in the IPL after admitting his chances of...
- 07:53 UK's PayPoint quarterly revenue rises two percent
- 07:44 AstraZeneca bets on gene editing for broad range of new drugs