More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
Most read news
- 16:09 Fund notches up a hat-trick
- 16:04 North Wales traffic and travel round up: April 17
- 16:00 Orange is the New Black: watch the new trailer for season two
- 15:59 The First Rule of Survival by Paul Mendelson, book review: Twist in...
- 15:59 A Philosophy of Walking by Frédéric Gros, book review: Re-engaging...
- 15:59 Every Day is for the thief by Teju Cole, book review: Finding hell...
- 15:59 One Minute With: Jhumpa Lahiri, novelist
- 15:59 The Myth of the Strong Leader by Archie Brown, book review: No...
- 15:59 Crime fiction: Good and evil, nightmares, and narrative acumen
- 15:59 Bonita Avenue by Peter Buwalda, trans Jonathan Reeder, book review:...