More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
- 12:46 Fruit flies can tell the TIME: Insects have a built-in body clock...
- 12:36 Las Vegas casinos gamble their reputations on sustainability
- 12:34 Britain's Got Talent: Watch the trick that got Luca Gallone four...
- 12:32 Melton Times letter: First World War battlefield pilgrimages
- 12:27 Labour's Andy Burham suggests he might back further welfare cuts
- 12:23 Encryption key to free speech, says UN report
- 12:16 Telecity agrees to £2.35bn offer from US rival Equinix
- 12:10 Hyperloop test track is coming to California - and Elon Musk's...
- 12:02 Timbuktu, San Andreas, Danny Collins: this week’s new films
- 09:06 Shock development in Man United's £20m chase for Borussia Dortmund...