More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
Most read news
- 08:19 Germany posts budget surplus as pressure rises to boost growth
- 08:17 Derbyshire travel update – slow traffic on the M1
- 08:13 Unitary bid is blasted as being an ‘ego trip’
- 08:13 Top marks given to hospitals by patients
- 08:11 Derbyshire travel update – slow traffic on the M1
- 08:11 Citi to pay allowance to compensate for limited bonuses
- 08:09 How to teach ... the referendum on Scottish independence
- 07:56 Immunisation at schools
- 07:52 South Tyneside residents win fight to get planting boxes removed
- 07:51 Derbyshire travel update – slow traffic on the M1