More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
Most read news
- 10:33 Gym woes as big £5.5m revamps to cost extra
- 10:31 Money Matters Roadshow: Get help and advice at free event in...
- 10:31 Man arrested after his partner left seriously ill in alleged...
- 10:11 'If Boris Johnson wants to give me the Mayor of London job, that...
- 10:03 MILES STARFORTH’S MATCH ANALYSIS; Newcastle 1-0 Leicester City
- 09:52 Brendan Rodgers: I want to leave Liverpool to manage in Spain
- 09:41 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down...
- 09:32 The LETTER Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson sent Liverpool boss...
- 09:01 Arsene Wenger: I have a huge concern at Arsenal
- 08:48 Police hunt driver who tried to lure 12-year-old boy into his car...