More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council,... read more
- 13:01 English manager sacked by Finnish side FC Ilves after appearing as...
- 12:57 First Queensferry Crossing tower nears completion
- 12:57 Parents surprise their son with an "expiration of child-rearing...
- 12:57 Star Wars actor John Boyega hits back at 'prejudiced' fans
- 12:55 Birmingham homeseekers better to buy than rent - new figures
- 12:55 Britain facing SNOW within two weeks as Arctic blast swoops in from...
- 12:54 Car exports cut monthly UK trade deficit but quarterly gap is growing
- 12:52 Real Madrid boss Rafa Benitez tries to get Sergio Ramos back on...
- 12:41 MUST-SEE: One man is absolutely loving Klopp-mania
- 12:27 Seaside send-off: Tom Kerridge’s final meal