More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
- 21:39 Yahoo profits plunge adds to post-Alibaba worries
- 21:39 BBC to air unseen Top Gear material featuring Jeremy Clarkson
- 21:33 Euromillions results: Are you a winner? EuroMillions winning...
- 21:31 Echo readers side with Renault driver in our M58 road rage video
- 21:27 Pedestrian knocked over by car in West Bridgford
- 21:24 Men are more competitive than women: Sportsmen are driven by a...
- 21:24 Are YOU at risk? Bug found in apps including Uber and Microsoft's...
- 21:24 Is this the self-driving car of the future? Chevrolet-FNR is...
- 21:24 Hope for prostate cancer patients as scientists discover breast...
- 21:24 What were YOU looking for this time last year? Google now lets you...