More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
Most read news
- 15:40 Cyber attack on RBS websites
- 15:40 Trusts fail to hit ambulance target
- 15:38 NatWest victim of cyber attack after site crashes for the second time
- 15:32 West Brom scores with new smaller deposit two-year fixed rate...
- 15:23 Kenya sends troops to end militia fighting in north
- 15:21 Man Utd in last chance saloon as Arsenal push on for glory
- 15:11 Corbett To Log Out Of Moneysupermarket Chair
- 15:10 We may need to spend! Moyes admits United could add to squad in...
- 15:02 Nelson Mandela dead: South Africans mourn and celebrate colossal...
- 14:35 Manchester United v Newcastle: David Moyes could be without Shinji...