More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council,... read more
- 12:34 IMF warns Ukraine it will halt $40bn bailout unless corruption stops
- 12:34 Prince of Wales to visit Redcar in wake of steel crisis and meet...
- 12:30 There’s a real life Barbie living in Sheffield now
- 12:30 Spain's Abengoa asks for loan of up to 750 million euros - source
- 12:23 ECB's Stournaras says Draghi enjoys strong support on Council
- 12:22 Shares in Hornby tank as model railways and Scalextrix maker posts...
- 12:22 Lights, camera, sell-off! Owner of James Bond's Pinewood Studios...
- 12:22 Cambridge-based chip designer ARM Holdings sees profits jump, but...
- 12:21 Prices decline on oversupply as domestic production rises
- 10:50 Liverpool FC: Stewart's reputation grows while Reds have missed...