More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free... read more
- 16:10 Celtic 3-5 Dukla Prague: Bhoys' Champions League build-up takes a...
- 16:06 Art review: Artist rooms: damien hirst
- 16:06 Neu! Reekie! a festival sprawling acrosss Scotland
- 15:58 Iran and world powers reach tentative agreement on sanctions relief
- 15:56 Roger Federer beats Sam Groth to move into fourth round at...
- 15:22 NI motorcycle doctor John Hinds dies in Dublin accident
- 15:12 Beerhunter: Festival's the right time and place for a beer called...
- 15:12 Beerhunter: Here's five to try which may not sell out so quick at...
- 12:18 Old Trafford is preferred destination as Manchester United weigh up...
- 12:14 Manchester United "line up £25million transfer bid for Morgan...