More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
Most read news
- 22:32 Schoolgirl Heading To Syria 'Self-Radicalised'
- 22:27 Frustrated driver teaches unruly pupils a lesson by locking them on...
- 22:27 Deputy head teacher kills himself after secretly filming naked boys...
- 22:23 Sporting Lisbon v Chelsea - player ratings
- 22:23 Watford 2 Brentford 1: Matej Vydra thunderbolt ensures winning...
- 22:06 Manchester United's Nani is up to his usual tricks after joining...
- 22:02 First Case Of Ebola Diagnosed In The US
- 21:40 Tory conference diary: Not even Ashcroft can make the numbers add up
- 21:38 VIDEO: Have you ever seen a more guilty looking dog? Hilarious pet...
- 21:36 Estate Agent Killing: Suspect Pleads Not Guilty