More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
Most read news
- 08:20 Your Wednesday morning report for the Wakefield district
- 08:20 Leicester Mercury Save a Life Campaign: Shopkeeper is 400th learner...
- 08:13 Meet the Leeds teenager flying high - at the age of 19
- 08:12 Motorists rescued by firefighters following crash on A38
- 07:59 Ian Watkins appeal: Ex-Lostprophets singer seeks cut to 35-year...
- 07:51 St Paul’s pupils stick to the task for reading challenge
- 07:50 TRANSFER NEWS: United's Hummels setback, Messi's shock Arsenal...
- 07:49 Another very big reason to go to the gym: Exercise induced orgasms...
- 07:47 Jurgen Klopp brilliantly promises to "eat a broom stick' if...
- 07:38 Strong pound hits UK engineer Renishaw's annual profit