More free parking could be introduced across Northampton to help boost trade
FREE parking could be introduced at the side of roads in Northampton town centre, in an effort to boost trade. Last week, the leader of Northampton Borough Council, Councillor David Mackintosh (Con, Rectory Farm) said introducing one-hour free parking at pay and display machines in areas such as St Giles Street would help hard-pressed shop keepers.
He argued the move could be implemented by Northamptonshire County Council in a similar way the borough council has introduced one hour free parking at the town’s multi-storey car parks.
Now, the man in charge of parking at the county council, Councillor Ben Smith (Con, Greens Norton) has confirmed the authority would like to introduce such a... read more
- 13:58 Police investigate after pensioner dies on Edinburgh tram
- 13:58 Interview: Millie Mackintosh on food, fitness and fashion
- 13:58 Barratt's outgoing boss Mark Clare makes £10.7 million in share...
- 13:58 City Spy: Prudential spinner John Murray gets a mint
- 13:52 Paracetamol 'ineffective against lower back pain'
- 13:50 Anti-freeze danger: Derby vets' practice recognised for trying to...
- 13:49 Grandmother accidentally poisoned family - by serving them...
- 13:46 This money needs laundering! Scientists reveal the thousands of...
- 13:46 The bike seat that doubles up as a BUGGY: Påhoj makes taking your...
- 11:53 Manchester United injury news: Louis van Gaal facing potential...