More than 20 streets to party for jubilee
More than 20 parties have so far been registered in Broxtowe to celebrate the Queens Diamond Jubilee. Residents living in 23 streets in the borough have told Nottinghamshire County Council they will be having a street party for the jubilee on June 4.
The total number of communities county-wide planning a street party is now 180. Road traffic orders will be put in place.
Council traffic manager Peter Goode said he was ‘delighted’ at the interest generated.
Most read news
- 17:23 Classic music in church setting
- 17:21 Bradford 3-0 Northampton: Bantams seal League One spot with...
- 17:15 Inside the Council: College is helping to get out youngsters ready...
- 17:15 Celebrations after works building is transformed
- 17:11 Who’ll be hired in Apprentice challenge?
- 17:09 Stephen Frears: New Ali film 'isn't about Muhammad Ali'
- 16:46 France gets Pentagon backing to buy U.S.-made drones - paper
- 16:41 Olympic star Ennis wearing a winning smile yet again as she ties...
- 15:10 Retiring Carragher says he could return to management before making...
- 14:37 Louth man appears in court on charges of possessing and supplying...