Navy Seal who allegedly shot Bin Laden says US military has abandoned him
The Shooter describes to the magazine the 15 seconds in which he says he killed Bin Laden in this Abbottabad compound. Photograph: Saeed Shah/MCT via Getty Images A retired Navy Seal who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden by shooting him three times in the forehead has accused the US military of abandoning him to his fate without any financial support, healthcare or security protection as he makes the hard transition to civilian life.
The former commando was a member of the team of 23 Navy Seals that stormed a house in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on 2 May 2011 and killed the world's most wanted terrorist, according to Esquire. An article in the magazine, written in collaboration with the... read more
Most read news
- 15:11 Bank of England blasts Lloyds for rigging bailout funding
- 15:10 Sheffield cyclist proposes after race at Commonwealth Games
- 15:10 Why Rangers' Lee Wallace is a thoroughly modern Ibrox hero
- 15:07 Full UK Battle Group To Join Poland Exercise
- 15:03 Nottingham tram operators issue cycle safety video
- 15:02 Southampton analysis: Ronald Koeman starts rebuilding job at St...
- 15:02 Fleet Hargate pub in 1950s
- 15:02 Gold diggers defeated: Kanye West wins legal battle against digital...
- 14:48 Five-year plan aims to tackle cancer
- 13:35 How one summer is marking the end of a decade of Arsenal pain