Navy Seal who allegedly shot Bin Laden says US military has abandoned him
The Shooter describes to the magazine the 15 seconds in which he says he killed Bin Laden in this Abbottabad compound. Photograph: Saeed Shah/MCT via Getty Images A retired Navy Seal who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden by shooting him three times in the forehead has accused the US military of abandoning him to his fate without any financial support, healthcare or security protection as he makes the hard transition to civilian life.
The former commando was a member of the team of 23 Navy Seals that stormed a house in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on 2 May 2011 and killed the world's most... read more
- 04:52 Venezuela opposition politician Luiz Manuel Diaz 'killed'
- 04:47 GSK in China - escaping the shadow of a scandal
- 04:47 Credit Suisse wins China brokerage approval in sign of reform
- 04:45 China stocks firm on analysts' rosy forecasts; HK rebounds
- 04:41 Four Middle Eastern passengers kicked off plane after woman said...
- 04:40 Chelsea star Gary Cahill faces race against time to clinch new...
- 04:36 Queen and Duke of Edinburgh travel to Malta for three-day tour
- 04:33 Japan business lobby forecasts big capex growth if government...
- 04:33 South Korea orders recall of 125,522 Volkswagen vehicles
- 04:23 Argentine president-elect taps ex-central banker as finance minister