Navy Seal who allegedly shot Bin Laden says US military has abandoned him
The Shooter describes to the magazine the 15 seconds in which he says he killed Bin Laden in this Abbottabad compound. Photograph: Saeed Shah/MCT via Getty Images A retired Navy Seal who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden by shooting him three times in the forehead has accused the US military of abandoning him to his fate without any financial support, healthcare or security protection as he makes the hard transition to civilian life.
The former commando was a member of the team of 23 Navy Seals that stormed a house in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on 2 May 2011 and killed the world's most wanted terrorist, according to Esquire. An article in the magazine, written in collaboration with the... read more
Most read news
- 18:47 Manchester United legends gather to say farewell to Busby Babe Bill...
- 18:47 RBS To Pay £61m In Sanctions Probe
- 18:46 Lost Peter Sellers films Dearth of a Salesman and Insomnia Is Good...
- 18:46 Hull City owner applies to FA to change name to Hull Tigers
- 18:44 Ukraine asks EU for €20bn in return for signing Association Agreement
- 18:44 Daughter of Libya's former spy chief calls for him to be tried in...
- 18:43 LIVE: Napoli v Arsenal, Chelsea v Steaua Bucharest and Barcelona v...
- 18:43 Kim Kardashian shows off amazing post-baby body in white bikini six...
- 18:43 Video: David Cameron's hopes to tackle dementia
- 18:40 Universities stuck without cheating software