Navy Seal who allegedly shot Bin Laden says US military has abandoned him
The Shooter describes to the magazine the 15 seconds in which he says he killed Bin Laden in this Abbottabad compound. Photograph: Saeed Shah/MCT via Getty Images A retired Navy Seal who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden by shooting him three times in the forehead has accused the US military of abandoning him to his fate without any financial support, healthcare or security protection as he makes the hard transition to civilian life.
The former commando was a member of the team of 23 Navy Seals that stormed a house in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on 2 May 2011 and killed the world's most wanted terrorist, according to Esquire. An article in the magazine, written in collaboration with the... read more
Most read news
- 04:47 Tunisia election: anti-Islamist Beji Caid Essebsi claims victory in...
- 04:41 Son of John McVicar jailed for 16 years for carrying out armed...
- 04:38 Five minute interview: 'Passionate about pupils getting the perfect...
- 04:31 Senior Chinese leader to visit Vietnam amid sea tension
- 04:24 John Bishop's Christmas Show on BBC1 tonight with Jack Whitehall,...
- 04:08 Leeds sex fiend had abused girl since she was 7
- 03:48 Britain's nuclear power plants could come under attack by DRONES...
- 03:47 A new star on ice: RAY MASSEY tests the new Land Rover Discovery...
- 03:31 Asian shares trade mixed in holiday shortened week
- 03:19 Actress Whitelaw dies, aged 82