Navy Seal who allegedly shot Bin Laden says US military has abandoned him
The Shooter describes to the magazine the 15 seconds in which he says he killed Bin Laden in this Abbottabad compound. Photograph: Saeed Shah/MCT via Getty Images A retired Navy Seal who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden by shooting him three times in the forehead has accused the US military of abandoning him to his fate without any financial support, healthcare or security protection as he makes the hard transition to civilian life.
The former commando was a member of the team of 23 Navy Seals that stormed a house in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on 2 May 2011 and killed the world's most wanted terrorist, according to Esquire. An article in the magazine, written in collaboration with the... read more
Most read news
- 09:15 Ex-Port Vale player Clayton McDonald: 'Ched Evans rape case has...
- 09:15 Day of adventure for Elland Boys’ Brigade
- 09:15 Last-ditch attempt to save signal box
- 09:15 Firefighters cut free person in Elland crash
- 09:15 Leeds United sack Milanic
- 09:15 Chef Dominic Hirst from The Cooking School at Dean Clough shows us...
- 09:14 Reader letter: UKIP get my vote if they dump the metric system
- 09:13 Northern Powergrid issues warning to parents over children's...
- 09:04 PAUL GASCOIGNE: Former football star reportedly sectioned after...
- 09:00 Great Scot 2014: All the winners as big night ends on a high note...