Navy Seal who allegedly shot Bin Laden says US military has abandoned him
The Shooter describes to the magazine the 15 seconds in which he says he killed Bin Laden in this Abbottabad compound. Photograph: Saeed Shah/MCT via Getty Images A retired Navy Seal who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden by shooting him three times in the forehead has accused the US military of abandoning him to his fate without any financial support, healthcare or security protection as he makes the hard transition to civilian life.
The former commando was a member of the team of 23 Navy Seals that stormed a house in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on 2 May 2011 and killed the world's most wanted terrorist, according to Esquire. An article in the magazine, written in collaboration with the... read more
Most read news
- 10:02 Mid flight fright for nervous Andy Murray as his plane is struck...
- 10:00 Tarantino Hateful Eight Gawker Suit Dismissed
- 09:59 Crystal Palace can remain in the Premier League for many years
- 09:57 Sir Alex Ferguson to help choose Moyes' successor
- 09:55 UK government borrowing fell in 2013-14
- 09:52 Withington Street in Sutton Bridge cordoned off for "police incident"
- 09:37 BoE minutes show 'range of views' on economic slack, inflation outlook
- 09:22 Chris Rogers: It's a massive shame Sam Robson has chosen England...
- 09:05 Argumentative, egotistical and 'above God' - all you need to know...
- 08:44 Liverpool to hand Brendan Rodgers £40m war chest to strengthen...