Navy Seal who allegedly shot Bin Laden says US military has abandoned him
The Shooter describes to the magazine the 15 seconds in which he says he killed Bin Laden in this Abbottabad compound. Photograph: Saeed Shah/MCT via Getty Images A retired Navy Seal who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden by shooting him three times in the forehead has accused the US military of abandoning him to his fate without any financial support, healthcare or security protection as he makes the hard transition to civilian life.
The former commando was a member of the team of 23 Navy Seals that stormed a house in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on 2 May 2011 and killed the world's most wanted terrorist, according to Esquire. An article in the magazine, written in collaboration with the... read more
- 20:11 Whiteside is national champion
- 20:09 Neil Leigh's Monday verdict: Sorry Sale Sharks fail their test of...
- 20:06 Great white shark attacks filming crew in rubber dinghy
- 20:05 London Marathon 2015: Eliud Kipchoge strength causes upset in men’s...
- 20:02 Top 40 success for Nottingham band Amber Run
- 20:01 ‘Spend on services, not on weapons’
- 19:56 Somerset leave Middlesex sweating after Marcus Trescothick’s 140 knock
- 19:48 The moment a reporter is robbed on air while filming Baltimore...
- 19:30 UK troops recruited to help arms sales
- 18:25 Manchester United transfer news: Memphis Depay responds to Reds...