Navy Seal who allegedly shot Bin Laden says US military has abandoned him
The Shooter describes to the magazine the 15 seconds in which he says he killed Bin Laden in this Abbottabad compound. Photograph: Saeed Shah/MCT via Getty Images A retired Navy Seal who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden by shooting him three times in the forehead has accused the US military of abandoning him to his fate without any financial support, healthcare or security protection as he makes the hard transition to civilian life.
The former commando was a member of the team of 23 Navy Seals that stormed a house in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on 2 May 2011 and killed the world's most wanted terrorist, according to Esquire. An article in the magazine, written in collaboration with the... read more
Most read news
- 16:36 11 amazing flavours of your favourite ice creams and lollies you...
- 16:35 Derby heat wave to last another THREE weeks!
- 16:34 Aim to stamp out spitting in the street
- 16:32 Spalding’s forgotten home front recalled
- 16:32 Lights out for Great War
- 16:19 ‘Disturbing development’ on franchises
- 15:23 South Shields teenager died from allergic reaction on African trip
- 13:51 Is it time Arsenal's forgotten man Abou Diaby showed his worth?
- 12:03 Arsene Wenger is right, Arsenal do NOT need another centre-forward
- 11:17 Arsenal make offer to sign Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas on...