Navy Seal who allegedly shot Bin Laden says US military has abandoned him
The Shooter describes to the magazine the 15 seconds in which he says he killed Bin Laden in this Abbottabad compound. Photograph: Saeed Shah/MCT via Getty Images A retired Navy Seal who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden by shooting him three times in the forehead has accused the US military of abandoning him to his fate without any financial support, healthcare or security protection as he makes the hard transition to civilian life.
The former commando was a member of the team of 23 Navy Seals that stormed a house in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on 2 May 2011 and killed the world's most wanted terrorist, according to Esquire. An article in the magazine, written in collaboration with the... read more
Most read news
- 19:17 New Discovery Museum exhibition tells Tyneside's First World War story
- 19:17 Carlisle becomes gateway to US in tie-up between Stobart Group and...
- 19:14 LINE-UPS: Adebayor, Lloris and Vertonghen start as Pochettino names...
- 19:13 304. Thibaut Courtois
- 18:32 It’s a hostile atmosphere! Chelsea skipper John Terry wary of...
- 18:22 Man Utd News: Big Liverpool target JOINS, De Gea to stay, Rafael...
- 18:21 Liverpool FC striker Mario Balotelli in photo threat claims
- 17:58 Theo Walcott set to return for Arsenal trip to Sunderland
- 17:51 Arsenal set to raid Premier League rivals in January for £10m...
- 16:45 Which midfielder dubbed 'the Belgian Iniesta' rejected Arsenal due...