Navy Seal who allegedly shot Bin Laden says US military has abandoned him
The Shooter describes to the magazine the 15 seconds in which he says he killed Bin Laden in this Abbottabad compound. Photograph: Saeed Shah/MCT via Getty Images A retired Navy Seal who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden by shooting him three times in the forehead has accused the US military of abandoning him to his fate without any financial support, healthcare or security protection as he makes the hard transition to civilian life.
The former commando was a member of the team of 23 Navy Seals that stormed a house in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on 2 May 2011 and killed the world's most wanted terrorist, according to Esquire. An article in the magazine, written in collaboration with the... read more
Most read news
- 11:37 Police hunt for four men who stole cash and cigarettes from...
- 11:36 Review of Raj Pavilion Indian restaurant in Beverley Road, Hull
- 11:36 Chinese Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton cruises to third successive win
- 11:36 Norwich v Liverpool: Steven Gerrard says Brendan Rodgers will...
- 11:36 Norwich v Liverpool team news: Lucas and Joe Allen start for...
- 11:32 Tributes pour in to 16-year-old Lincoln boy killed in crash on...
- 11:27 Scottish animal rights campaigners free 130 bears from captivity in...
- 11:27 Murder appeal after former Tamworth man dies after pub fight
- 11:25 Grieving dad of mephedrone victim Helen Henderson reveals his...
- 11:04 Ask a grown-up: will humans evolve into a new species?