Navy Seal who allegedly shot Bin Laden says US military has abandoned him
The Shooter describes to the magazine the 15 seconds in which he says he killed Bin Laden in this Abbottabad compound. Photograph: Saeed Shah/MCT via Getty Images A retired Navy Seal who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden by shooting him three times in the forehead has accused the US military of abandoning him to his fate without any financial support, healthcare or security protection as he makes the hard transition to civilian life.
The former commando was a member of the team of 23 Navy Seals that stormed a house in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on 2 May 2011 and killed the world's most wanted terrorist, according to Esquire. An article in the magazine, written in collaboration with the... read more
Most read news
- 02:04 Unsound: Lee Gamble, Cut Hands, Morton Subotnick, Nurse With Wound...
- 02:04 Agony prolonged for Lawrence family, says watchdog
- 01:59 Spending rise prompts fear of return to debt
- 01:49 Talking superfans with Tyler Oakley, Grace Helbig and Ze Frank
- 01:46 World Cup 2014 countdown: Marco Tardelli celebration in the 1982 final
- 01:36 Malaysia Airlines 'loses contact with plane carrying 239 people on...
- 01:33 £13,000 bill for Leeds firm after worker’s finger sliced off
- 01:31 Bitcoin ‘creator’ Satoshi Nakamoto tracked down, but says story has...
- 01:28 Anger as Hunt backs hospital downgrade in NHS overhaul
- 01:25 U.S. special forces sent to train Iraqi special forces in Jordan