Navy Seal who allegedly shot Bin Laden says US military has abandoned him
The Shooter describes to the magazine the 15 seconds in which he says he killed Bin Laden in this Abbottabad compound. Photograph: Saeed Shah/MCT via Getty Images A retired Navy Seal who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden by shooting him three times in the forehead has accused the US military of abandoning him to his fate without any financial support, healthcare or security protection as he makes the hard transition to civilian life.
The former commando was a member of the team of 23 Navy Seals that stormed a house in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on 2 May 2011 and killed the world's most wanted terrorist, according to Esquire. An article in the magazine, written in collaboration with the... read more
Most read news
- 07:06 Sheriff takes aim at bid to boost SSPCA powers
- 07:06 Rescue dogs require work but the rewards can be huge
- 07:04 WATCH: Porcupines aim to wipe out blockages
- 07:03 Tunstall market traders demand action after bus route changes...
- 07:03 Wins in Germany give Hartlepool boxer Savannah Marshall boost ahead...
- 07:00 Police taser man who had attacked mum
- 06:42 Tributes to former Preston rector
- 06:36 Hamburg after the war: How my dad made friends with the Germans
- 06:36 My booky wook for the kids: Russell Brand is telling fairy stories
- 06:28 Watch: "Man Utd have got a great opportunity to beat Man City"