Navy Seal who allegedly shot Bin Laden says US military has abandoned him
The Shooter describes to the magazine the 15 seconds in which he says he killed Bin Laden in this Abbottabad compound. Photograph: Saeed Shah/MCT via Getty Images A retired Navy Seal who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden by shooting him three times in the forehead has accused the US military of abandoning him to his fate without any financial support, healthcare or security protection as he makes the hard transition to civilian life.
The former commando was a member of the team of 23 Navy Seals that stormed a house in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on 2 May 2011 and killed the world's most wanted terrorist, according to Esquire. An article in the magazine, written in collaboration with the... read more
Most read news
- 02:56 Foreign doctors, military guards: Bespoke care for North Korea's Kims
- 02:56 Greenland votes to hold parliamentary election in November
- 02:55 Forever Young! Mel Gibson spends some quality time with daughter...
- 02:55 Is she fur real? Lindsay Lohan wears belted jacket and white mini...
- 02:55 Plaid to be here! Jennifer Garner shines in an elegant checkered...
- 02:55 That's Scot to be fun! Lorraine Kelly parties with a host of stars...
- 02:55 Footballer John Terry and wife Toni Poole require two assistants to...
- 02:48 Ebola Conference: Delegates Gather In London
- 02:39 Young people lack workplace skills, firms say in survey
- 02:28 Church offers an Oasis of calm