Navy Seal who allegedly shot Bin Laden says US military has abandoned him
The Shooter describes to the magazine the 15 seconds in which he says he killed Bin Laden in this Abbottabad compound. Photograph: Saeed Shah/MCT via Getty Images A retired Navy Seal who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden by shooting him three times in the forehead has accused the US military of abandoning him to his fate without any financial support, healthcare or security protection as he makes the hard transition to civilian life.
The former commando was a member of the team of 23 Navy Seals that stormed a house in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on 2 May 2011 and killed the world's most wanted terrorist, according to Esquire. An article in the magazine, written in collaboration with the... read more
Most read news
- 05:33 Café plan for former Leeds public loo site isn’t to everyone’s taste
- 05:31 Doncaster regeneration scheme’s national award joy
- 05:26 Ofcom branded 'hapless' as city waits on local TV licence decision
- 05:19 GPs To Pocket £55 For Dementia Diagnosis
- 05:18 YEP survey: Readers reveal Leeds traffic and congestion concerns
- 05:18 Row over “expensive luxury” of new town council for Guiseley
- 05:11 US Photojournalist Is Cured Of Ebola Virus
- 05:02 'I am a Liberian, not a virus': west Africans hit back against...
- 04:54 Berlin: send us your travel tips
- 04:39 WHO aims for Ebola serum in weeks and vaccine tests in Africa by...