Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a... read more
- 04:54 Rallies call for climate change action ahead of Paris summit
- 04:51 Paris-style attack could 'easily' happen here, says UK defence...
- 04:47 John Farnham
- 04:47 Circus Oz
- 04:44 Prison break: Four unusual ways Indians have escaped jail
- 04:39 Council tax 'to cost £200 more by 2020'
- 04:24 Sale 15-15 Newcastle: Sharks forced to settle for draw after Danny...
- 04:24 Saracens winger Chris Ashton fires timely reminder of finishing...
- 03:26 Chelsea are hanging on to Tottenham's coattails by their...
- 03:24 Transfer news: Vanja Milinkovic-Savic Manchester United exit, Lars...