Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
- 07:17 Cancer survivor’s work to help others earns reward
- 07:17 Morpeth food festival will return
- 07:15 Derby County boss Steve McClaren: We're all in this together
- 07:15 Nigel Clough hopes for a Pirelli Stadium party for Burton Albion
- 07:09 Stoke City v Sunderland: Black Cat reporter bracing himself for big...
- 07:08 Burton and South Derbyshire chemist rota for this weekend
- 07:08 Simon Cowell talks about Zayn Malik
- 06:59 A stone of one’s own
- 06:59 ‘Are you a spanker?’ It’s been a week of kinky requests
- 06:47 The nine best beer gardens in Nottinghamshire