Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
Most read news
- 11:48 Flu vaccine should be free up to age 17, says chief medical officer
- 11:41 Cute toddler cuts her own hair, gives herself a hipster mullet
- 11:36 Vintage bikes set for auction
- 11:34 Thierry Henry: I want to REJOIN Arsenal and inspire them to...
- 11:33 Police appeal after man seen driving around Richmond naked from...
- 11:32 Euro zone inflation dips again as energy prices fall
- 11:29 First Drive: Smart ForTwo Prime 90
- 11:26 'Wonder' drug could cure binge drinking, Alzheimer's AND dementia,...
- 11:26 Pair’s Peru bike ride raises £8,000 for charity
- 11:25 Arsenal join host of sports stars in #putyourbatsout campaign in...