Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
Most read news
- 18:36 Mansfield market: Stop closure threats
- 18:35 Woman cut free from car following crash with lorry on Redhill...
- 18:34 Sales fall at Manor Bakeries owner Premier Foods
- 18:27 Syria conflict: The civilian victims of new menace from the sky -...
- 18:25 Mum Charged With Murdering Disabled Children
- 18:21 Owner defends dog after toddler bitten in park
- 18:19 Editor’s Comment: Law needs looking at over ‘legal highs’
- 18:11 Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner leaves manager Paul Lambert in the...
- 18:10 Facebook acquires fitness tracking mobile app Moves
- 17:49 Brian honoured with Citizens’ Award