Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
Most read news
- 12:54 You’ll never guess what was built in the middle of this Egyptian...
- 12:54 Co-op chief Euan Sutherland offers to quit 'ungovernable' mutual group
- 12:54 Aguero could be my nightmare, admits Mascherano as Barca prepare...
- 12:54 Groves predicts three-round rout of Froch in echo of brutal...
- 12:53 Time runs short as Europe haggles over banking union reform
- 12:48 New app to enhance visitor experience at Northumberlandia
- 11:25 School children find body in Leeds woods
- 10:49 School children find body in woods in Leeds
- 10:49 Arsenal teenage star Zelalem set to sign three-year deal as Wenger...
- 09:57 No excuses! Liverpool have 10 cup finals to return to the promised...