Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
- 03:36 Cricket World Cup 2015: Ten stars from the tournament playing...
- 03:05 New Parking Ticket Rules End 'War On Drivers'
- 02:54 'More adventure could stop Hull City dropping points' - Peter Swan
- 02:54 EU says U.S. policy change helps its own talks with Cuba
- 02:54 London at risk of missing out as super-rich multiply
- 02:47 Eden Hazard and Harry Kane land top prizes at the London Football...
- 02:45 Knife attack wounds nine at Chinese train station, suspect shot dead
- 02:41 Party like it's 1985! Sinitta looks worse for wears as she fails to...
- 02:23 Liverpool ace Jordan Henderson "eyed by Barcelona for free transfer'
- 02:23 Manchester United "clear to finally seal Arturo Vidal transfer,...