Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
Most read news
- 17:04 Boris Johnson: London property should not be sold at 'Suites in the...
- 17:02 Hong Kong Leader To Meet Student Protesters
- 16:58 Simon Hughes backs Nick Clegg critic for Lib Dem presidency
- 16:54 WATCH: Chelsea celebrate Izzy Brown's stunninig Leicester strike
- 16:26 Manchester United get huge boost in pursuit of Barcelona star...
- 16:10 Manchester United "preparing £10m move for Real Madrid transfer...
- 15:46 Arsenal News: Wenger's big money move, Welbeck's blunder, Man Utd...
- 15:23 TRANSFER NEWS: Ronaldo's Man Utd return CONFIRMED, Liverpool agree...
- 14:53 Cristiano Ronaldo opens up over HUGE potential Man United transfer
- 14:52 Wenger can make Welbeck world class, says Neville