Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
Most read news
- 19:33 Alvaro Negredo signs off from Manchester City with classy farewell...
- 19:29 Stoke City: Oussama Assaidi insists he is fit after summer in gym
- 19:22 Gatwick may be the least bad solution to Britain's airport crisis
- 19:13 Multi-millionaire backers of climate change denial think-tank revealed
- 19:12 FBI investigates 4Chan for posting hacked nude celebrity photos
- 18:56 Emma Watson steps in to defend pal Jennifer Lawrence over naked...
- 16:43 Radamel Falcao: The Manchester United striker's goals and tricks on...
- 14:46 Angel Di Maria "really wanted PSG transfer over Manchester United...
- 14:39 NEW LOOK ARSENAL! Is this how Arsenal will line up with Welbeck...
- 14:08 Fabio Borini launches bizarre rant after failed Liverpool exit