Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
Most read news
- 03:26 Housebreaker faces jail after second raid on football stars
- 03:26 Sisters begged Nigella and Saatchi: forgive us
- 03:26 Bank worker 'punched' the lawyer he allegedly killed
- 03:26 Alleged rapist faces new trial after juror phone call ruling
- 03:26 Wallpaper 'gun' robbers jailed
- 03:26 Hundreds reveal drink and drug experiences
- 03:21 Dec 11 is a timely release chord for RM Hubbert
- 03:21 Minor work will be a major undertaking for SCO Chorus
- 03:09 Nelson Mandela's Coffin Goes On Public View
- 01:48 'Protest zone' to be set up at Winter Games in Sochi against...