Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
Most read news
- 15:23 Bags of Rags turning Hull City, FC and KR shirts into must-have...
- 15:11 Wrexham FC v Lincoln City team news
- 14:43 David Moyes "faces axe' as Manchester United board lose patience...
- 14:42 The bird that can speak JAPANESE: Video reveals incredible animal...
- 14:35 Baby saved from sweltering car
- 14:33 Football team steps in to help school pay for new nets
- 14:32 Manchester United set to sack manager David Moyes
- 14:27 David Moyes to be sacked: Who will be the next Manchester United...
- 14:27 David Moyes to be sacked: Manchester United run out of patience...
- 13:46 Liverpool's Sterling says his team will stay "modest" as they look...