Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
Most read news
- 20:55 Former wheelchair user becomes first person to swim from Cornwall...
- 20:53 Former Nazi guard dies in Pennsylvania just before extradition...
- 20:52 Seven arrests made in $1.6 mln StubHub cyberfraud case
- 20:45 WEDNESDAY MARKET CLOSE: Footsie’s Capita gains taxed by GSK
- 20:28 HALF TIME: Scunthorpe United 0 Lincoln City 1
- 18:28 Xherdan Shaqiri would be a welcome sight at Anfield if Liverpool...
- 17:49 Tanzania trip tragedy teen Jack Burden: The first picture
- 16:37 Van Gaal: Man Utd are putting my chances of success in jeopardy...
- 16:18 Clegg hits out at Commonwealth gay rights records
- 15:59 Tributes paid to tragic teenager Jack Burden