Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
Most read news
- 03:15 WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby...
- 03:12 SFL on brink of collapse after vote causes split
- 03:12 Hard work, hard cash and hard decisions are secret of German success
- 03:12 Vogts split between old friend and local team
- 03:12 Win or lose, Latapy's still lapping it up
- 03:12 The day it all clicked for Celtic and Dutch amigo
- 03:12 Lustig knows history with his side in battle of wills
- 03:12 Scots will suffer if GB bodies are allowed to fly St George's Cross...
- 03:12 European Tour toasts Jimenez as he joins elite club
- 03:12 Rookie Henry finds flagship event very much to his liking