Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
Most read news
- 15:18 Ringstead play park makeover gets funding
- 15:16 Fun for all the family at Skegness Stadium
- 15:06 West Ham 2 Manchester City 1: Premier League report
- 14:43 Sunderland vs Arsenal team news: Theo Walcott named among...
- 14:36 REVIEW: The Maze Runner
- 14:20 Sunderland vs Arsenal team news: Arsene Wenger makes three changes...
- 13:35 Liverpool News: Dressing room BUST-UP, Carragher return as coach,...
- 13:25 TRANSFER NEWS: Ozil to LEAVE Arsenal, Anfield hero to return to...
- 13:16 Man Utd News: Van Gaal's message to Chelsea's Mourinho, Pique deal...
- 12:08 Mesut Ozil wants to QUIT Arsenal and join Manchester City