Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
Most read news
- 03:50 Alice Gross funeral to take place
- 03:34 Asian shares down following Wall Street's lead
- 03:29 Farmland value rises to £7,300 an acre but total area sold falls
- 03:17 On This Day in 1968: Who has been setting fire to Glasgow football...
- 03:17 Dundee look for new goalkeeper
- 03:17 Denayer will reject offer to extend his stay
- 03:17 Falkirk midfielder out until 2015
- 03:17 The wheels have come off Astra after drive to Europe
- 03:17 Getting it right could make for a derby spectacle
- 03:17 There is no right way to run a sport but those who do must be...