Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
Most read news
- 18:23 Azerbaijan detains rights activist accused of espionage
- 18:22 MP Emma gives group her Stamp of approval
- 18:22 VIDEO: Incident commander talks about Ferrybridge Power Station fire
- 18:22 Sony warns smartphone weakness will brake profit progress after...
- 18:20 Danny Rose signs five-year Tottenham Hotspur contract, Spurs fans...
- 18:19 Music in the Market Place planned for Grantham
- 18:16 Fun Fridays to hit Boston Market Place
- 16:14 Manchester United give Arturo Vidal number seven shirt ahead of...
- 15:09 Three players Arsenal might sell this summer
- 14:54 Alan Pardew must play Hatem Ben Arfa to save both their Newcastle...