Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a movie playing Martin Luther King.
"They wanted to start shooting at the time my album R.E.D.... read more
Most read news
- 11:05 Mayor’s charities helped by a candlelight carol concert
- 11:03 Bamburgh Castle under siege from over 130,000 visitors
- 11:02 Putting a value on volunteering in the age of austerity
- 11:01 Great to meet High Commissioner of Pakistan
- 10:59 Raheem Sterling among the best in England, says Arsene Wenger
- 10:56 A group of friends have dressed as a Christmas selection box
- 10:50 Man City 3-0 Crystal Palace: What the papers say
- 10:43 New look beer labels go down very well
- 10:33 Aston Villa 1-1 Man United: What the papers say
- 10:19 Arsene Wenger hints at signing a defender in January after...