Ne-Yo turned down Martin Luther King, Jr. film
R&B star Ne-Yo turned down the opportunity to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a new movie after film bosses asked him to gain 30 pounds for the role.
The singer/actor, who has previously appeared in big screen blockbusters including Battle: Los Angeles and Red Tails, is preparing to release new album R.E.D. and he wasn't willing to gain weight to play the civil rights activist before his music promotion geared up.
He tells the Sunday Mirror, "I definitely want to do more acting but it's got to make sense with the music. I recently had to turn down an amazing opportunity to be in a... read more
- 13:48 No one knows what the Co-op is insinuating with this Valentine’s...
- 13:38 Black Ops 3 down: Xbox One and PS4 servers offline
- 13:31 Economic growth for late 2015 could be revised down from 0.5% after...
- 13:26 Syngenta deal could pave way for biotech acceptance from China users
- 13:26 Volkswagen group sales return to growth in January
- 13:23 Rolls-Royce halves dividend but shares rally on turnaround hopes
- 13:23 Presses to fall silent at UK's Independent as paper goes online-only
- 12:54 Glaxo fined £37m for paying rivals to delay release of cheap...
- 12:47 Britain's economy will be worse off if it leaves the EU - Reuters poll
- 12:39 Saipem rights issue leaves banks holding €427m in shares