New call for ban after Nazi uniforms worn at Heywood wartime event
Calls have been made for a ban on Nazi uniforms at wartime re-enactments after they were worn at yet another event. One man at the re-enactment in Heywood was seen wearing an SS uniform including a skull and crossbones insignia on his cap. Several others wore German uniforms.
When they were approached by our reporter one said: "We’re not real Nazis. Everyone enjoys it."
But Jewish leaders expressed concerns and anti-fascist campaigners have now called for the uniforms to be banned.
The row comes just weeks after war enthusiasts took to the streets in Nazi uniforms and flew swastikas from their vehicle at another event in Saddleworth.
In June, wartime re-enactors in Ramsbottom... read more
Most read news
- 07:43 Tributes to a 'brilliant' father
- 07:43 Hair-raising fun during a great Bearded Theory festival
- 07:37 RAFA BENITEZ'S FINAL CHELSEA SNUB
- 07:37 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Monday May 20
- 07:35 Vicar works so kids can play
- 07:31 Britain backs push for alternative small firm funding sources
- 07:23 Pupils ordered to hand back iPads
- 07:23 Boy's life-saving surgery delayed 18 months
- 07:23 Cart horse Madge will be farm's star attraction
- 07:23 Tributes to a 'brilliant' father who fell victim to the 'railway...