New Crimewatch appeal over murder of ex-Birmingham woman Tracy Mertons
CHESHIRE Detectives have renewed their appeal for witnesses to the horrific murder of a former Birmingham woman with a further Crimewatch appeal.
The renewed appeal will feature on Crimewatch tonight (Thursday) at 9pm on BBC1.
Tracy Mertons, who was living in Rochdale at the time, travelled down to Birmingham on December 22, 1994, to collect a benefits book from her former home in Cattells Grove, Nechells, intending to return the same day. Instead, she stayed overnight at her sister-in-law′s and visited the house the next morning.
Shortly before midday on December 23, 1994, she answered a knock at the door of the house in Cattells Grove. It was then she was forcibly taken and... read more
Most read news
- 19:03 Britain’s housing crisis: are garden cities the answer?
- 19:02 Siem de Jong reveals he has a 'couple of weeks' left on crutches as...
- 19:00 CCTV: Police release image after woman sexually assaulted by man...
- 18:56 Germany’s malaise shows eurozone can’t cut its way to prosperity
- 18:53 Scotland exempt from Tories’ Human Rights Act axe
- 18:45 Cameron’s tax cuts: short-term cheers at expense of longer-term...
- 18:45 ARM creates operating system for 'internet of things'
- 18:31 Bayern Munich refund hardcore fans who rented out Moscow apartment...
- 18:19 Former Tory donor raises Ukip donation to £1m over Hague comments
- 17:33 Ex-Manchester United star Gerard Pique: Roy Keane scares the S***...