New headteacher steps in after turbulent year at Sunderland academy
BLACK Cats fan Ken Gibson is looking forward to his challenging new role as head of a Sunderland academy.
Mr Gibson will officially take up his post as headteacher at Academy 360 in September.
The Pennywell all-age academy has had a turbulent year after the resignation of the previous head, Paul Prest, and being issued with a notice to improve from Ofsted inspectors.
However, staff and students are hoping the multimillion-pound school’s problems are now behind them and are looking forward to the future.
Mr Gibson, 54, said: “We have now had the notice to improve removed and been graded as satisfactory overall, which is really good for us. This gives us a good platform to build on.”... read more
Most read news
- 09:14 Kenilworth Foodbank helping many families in need
- 09:12 Lambs boss delighted by last-minute Hednesford success
- 09:08 The Rock options to be costed
- 09:08 Raging mum blasts court decision to reprieve dog that scarred...
- 09:07 Berwick Rangers 2-0 Annan Athletic
- 09:07 Iranian reports pessimistic about nuclear deal by deadline
- 09:07 Controversial travellers' site gets go-ahead
- 09:05 Adelaide United too good for Central Coast Mariners
- 09:05 Australian road to be named Kendrew Street after Major-General...
- 09:05 Five things we learned from Arsenal's embarrassing defeat to...