New headteacher steps in after turbulent year at Sunderland academy
BLACK Cats fan Ken Gibson is looking forward to his challenging new role as head of a Sunderland academy.
Mr Gibson will officially take up his post as headteacher at Academy 360 in September.
The Pennywell all-age academy has had a turbulent year after the resignation of the previous head, Paul Prest, and being issued with a notice to improve from Ofsted inspectors.
However, staff and students are hoping the multimillion-pound school’s problems are now behind them and are looking forward to the future.
Mr Gibson, 54, said: “We have now had the notice to improve removed and been graded as satisfactory overall, which is really good for us. This gives us a good platform to build on.”... read more
Most read news
- 01:21 Man arrested in connection with murder of off-duty policeman Neil...
- 01:20 Woman critical in hospital after being hit by a car in West Derby
- 01:17 End of life case will go to court in May
- 00:55 The write stuff: Linda Cracknell and Cate James
- 00:54 My father's part in the Way of the Cross
- 00:54 Craig Mackay: Salt Of The Earth, An Lanntair, Stornoway
- 00:54 Winter in the frame
- 00:51 St Andrews sex attacker guilty of similar offence in Germany
- 00:49 Crackers, socks and candles: The best last-minute Christmas gifts
- 00:49 Christmas wrapped: The most seductive festive lingerie