North shepherdess, 65, dies in quad bike tragedy
GRIEVING friends have paid tribute to a North shepherdess who was killed in a tragic quad biking accident.
The woman, named locally as Liz McIntosh, had been tending her flock when she crashed her bike, but by the time police and paramedics arrived she had died.
The accident happened on an unnamed road close to West Todholes, near Elsdon, Northumberland, on Friday afternoon, just a week before she was due to celebrate her 65th birthday.
Last night, the close-knit community told of their loss, with lifelong friend Barbara Foti leading the tributes, telling how they had planned a dinner party for her birthday at Liz's farmhouse.
Barbara said: "We are devastated. She has been a friend... read more
Most read news
- 07:07 21 reasons November is the best month of the year
- 07:06 Sheriff takes aim at bid to boost SSPCA powers
- 07:06 Rescue dogs require work but the rewards can be huge
- 07:04 WATCH: Porcupines aim to wipe out blockages
- 07:03 Tunstall market traders demand action after bus route changes...
- 07:03 Wins in Germany give Hartlepool boxer Savannah Marshall boost ahead...
- 07:00 Police taser man who had attacked mum
- 06:42 Tributes to former Preston rector
- 06:36 My booky wook for the kids: Russell Brand is telling fairy stories
- 06:36 Stoke City: Scoring against Vale was definitely a career high, says...