North shepherdess, 65, dies in quad bike tragedy
GRIEVING friends have paid tribute to a North shepherdess who was killed in a tragic quad biking accident.
The woman, named locally as Liz McIntosh, had been tending her flock when she crashed her bike, but by the time police and paramedics arrived she had died.
The accident happened on an unnamed road close to West Todholes, near Elsdon, Northumberland, on Friday afternoon, just a week before she was due to celebrate her 65th birthday.
Last night, the close-knit community told of their loss, with lifelong friend Barbara Foti leading the tributes, telling how they had planned a dinner party for her birthday at Liz's farmhouse.
Barbara said: "We are devastated. She has been a friend... read more
Most read news
- 16:12 Man Utd v Leicester: Ander Herrera's return and more things to look...
- 15:44 Dortmund eye Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool target to replace Man...
- 15:13 Gary Neville reveals all on Man United's move for non-league kid...
- 15:06 Arsene Wenger: Why I let Joel Campbell leave Arsenal
- 14:47 New Year was ‘bigger than Christmas’ for pub company Fuller’s
- 13:58 BREAKING: Thugs jailed for 64 years after vicious attack on uni...
- 13:47 Manchester United injury list: Michael Carrick ruled out for FOUR...
- 13:19 Man Utd fans ROCKED as Van Gaal RULES OUT signing Arsenal,...
- 12:56 Liverpool set to complete double loan striker deal for Chelsea target
- 12:16 Arsene Wenger admits new January transfer window signing Gabriel...