North shepherdess, 65, dies in quad bike tragedy
GRIEVING friends have paid tribute to a North shepherdess who was killed in a tragic quad biking accident.
The woman, named locally as Liz McIntosh, had been tending her flock when she crashed her bike, but by the time police and paramedics arrived she had died.
The accident happened on an unnamed road close to West Todholes, near Elsdon, Northumberland, on Friday afternoon, just a week before she was due to celebrate her 65th birthday.
Last night, the close-knit community told of their loss, with lifelong friend Barbara Foti leading the tributes, telling how they had planned a dinner party for her birthday at Liz's farmhouse.
Barbara said: "We are devastated. She has been a friend... read more
Most read news
- 00:29 'I want girls to love themselves': Kate Hudson on body image and...
- 00:25 Sir David warns of 'animal erosion'
- 00:21 Smoking costs England £1bn per year in care alone
- 00:21 Elderly spend weeks too long in hospitals due to lack of housing,...
- 00:21 Tens of thousands of patients given drugs they're known to be...
- 00:19 Roy Hodgson seeks the elusive elixir as he tries to restore England...
- 00:19 Arsenal's new signing Danny Welbeck is going to be a top Gunner
- 00:19 It's a dream to play in the Premier League: Falcao promises glory...
- 00:18 Penicuik House to become major Scottish attraction
- 00:09 'I'm happier than I've ever been': Celebrity Big Brother’s White...