North shepherdess, 65, dies in quad bike tragedy
GRIEVING friends have paid tribute to a North shepherdess who was killed in a tragic quad biking accident.
The woman, named locally as Liz McIntosh, had been tending her flock when she crashed her bike, but by the time police and paramedics arrived she had died.
The accident happened on an unnamed road close to West Todholes, near Elsdon, Northumberland, on Friday afternoon, just a week before she was due to celebrate her 65th birthday.
Last night, the close-knit community told of their loss, with lifelong friend Barbara Foti leading the tributes, telling how they had planned a dinner party for her birthday at Liz's farmhouse.
Barbara said: "We are devastated. She has been a friend... read more
Most read news
- 02:33 Suspended Tesco chiefs to leave next week with more to follow
- 02:33 Russian oligarch, Sergei Pugachev, put on Interpol’s wanted list
- 02:33 Oil tumbles to four-year lows after Saudis muscle out calls for...
- 02:33 Shock as foreign state rail firms fail to win key London-Scotland...
- 02:33 Vincent Tchenguiz sues accountants and bank for £2.2bn
- 02:31 Jerusalem Shared Capital Hopes Dismissed
- 02:27 Andres Iniesta invites one lucky guest to come stay with him after...
- 02:25 Leeds roller derby skater heading to the World Cup
- 02:22 Middlesbrough striker signs for Preston North End
- 02:20 Lions and Eagles take NFL wins on Thanksgiving