North shepherdess, 65, dies in quad bike tragedy
GRIEVING friends have paid tribute to a North shepherdess who was killed in a tragic quad biking accident.
The woman, named locally as Liz McIntosh, had been tending her flock when she crashed her bike, but by the time police and paramedics arrived she had died.
The accident happened on an unnamed road close to West Todholes, near Elsdon, Northumberland, on Friday afternoon, just a week before she was due to celebrate her 65th birthday.
Last night, the close-knit community told of their loss, with lifelong friend Barbara Foti leading the tributes, telling how they had planned a dinner party for her birthday at Liz's farmhouse.
Barbara said: "We are devastated. She has been a friend... read more
Most read news
- 17:54 Derby's Al-Madinah School 'making progress' but still in special...
- 17:53 American hedge fund billionaire Ken Griffin files for divorce while...
- 17:44 BGH claims no theatre drama
- 17:44 Rotary clubs unite to help Grantham Hospital patients
- 17:42 Bomb hidden in fridge kills one, wounds eight in bus park in...
- 17:38 WWI themed fete a hit in Spalding
- 17:33 Ripon student preparing for 12 month Asian adventure
- 17:29 Commonwealth Games 2014: Clarke on a crusade for English gold after...
- 16:18 Liverpool target Xherdan Shaqiri plays down talk of Anfield move
- 16:10 LCFC: New Premier League match day ticket prices announced