Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst... read more
- 20:06 YOUR LETTERS: Get a grip on tax dodgers
- 20:02 French supermarkets now give unsold food to charity – when will the...
- 19:57 Haiti set to form transitional government to fill power vacuum
- 19:57 Dutch 'no' on Ukraine pact would force rethink, minister says
- 19:56 Jamie Vardy signs new bumper £80,000-a-week deal as Leicester City...
- 19:36 Mesut Ozil is the most creative footballer in the world, says...
- 19:36 Cornwall floods: Portreath faces severe warning
- 19:35 HSBC to pay $470 million to resolve mortgage servicing probe by...
- 19:34 Liverpool fans speak out after leaving Anfield on 77 minutes in...
- 19:20 That viral ‘one night stand’ post was actually just a joke