Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
Most read news
- 07:28 Video game show set for return to resort
- 07:25 Pupils get accolade for marathon relay
- 07:23 From moonlight to the microwave: your science questions answered
- 07:18 Kids encouraged to get reading
- 07:16 Parachute Regiment to allow women to join for first time since...
- 07:14 Buyers found for Wherry’s Mill flats in Bourne
- 07:14 College evacuated following suspected gas leak
- 07:11 Book day’s a costume drama
- 07:11 Green and pleasant land will be concrete jungle
- 07:10 'Teaching isn't just about learning the curriculum – it's about...