Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
Most read news
- 02:40 ‘Scouts discriminated against my boy’
- 02:40 Graham Norton: 'Some guests don't get the humour'
- 02:30 BREAKING: Fourth man arrested in connection with Wheatley murder
- 02:11 Bride hit by car on honeymoon fought for life
- 02:08 Unwanted Horses In Fly Grazing 'Crisis'
- 02:06 WATCH: Paul Wheehouse MSP ‘proud’ of Yes campaign
- 02:03 California bill would help protect franchisee business investments
- 01:47 Jorge Valdivia faces 12-game ban for stamping on Amaral in...
- 01:45 Two peas in a pod... Maria Fowler teams up Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace...
- 01:16 Ashley Young reveals Manchester United team-mates have pranked him...