Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
Most read news
- 13:10 Unipart Automotive Closes With 1,200 Jobs Lost
- 13:09 17 Pizza Hut meals from around the world we really wish we could...
- 13:09 Tesco's new luxury clothing line Julia is crammed with pretty...
- 12:49 Finance deal puts Blackpool firm at cutting edge
- 12:42 Ofgem unveils huge increase in compensation for blackout victims
- 12:41 University of Northampton reveals revised plans for new £330...
- 12:39 A-Z guide is all U need for uni
- 10:58 Louis van Gaal gives Wayne Rooney and Antonio Valencia the most...
- 10:50 Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger set to cancel moves for Sami...
- 10:26 Manchester United fan takes most awkward picture ever with...