Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
- 02:03 Beware these bad ideas about reforming the taxation of pensions
- 02:03 General Election 2015: Is the election crushing growth?
- 02:03 Questions, questions... but HSBC still won’t give a straight answer
- 02:03 Market Report: China plan to build superhighway to Pakistan gives...
- 02:03 Petrofac profit warning on more North Sea pain
- 02:03 Tesco staff pensions under threat as bosses post warning
- 02:02 Malaria could be diagnosed through breath test, Australian...
- 01:42 'You're being fake': Nicola Hughes takes a pop at her boyfriend...
- 01:13 Sunderland football legends to take part in charity golf day
- 22:20 Charlie Nicholas: How Arsenal can achieve where Man United failed...