Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
Most read news
- 06:51 May we grow in love for one another this year
- 06:51 Business Eye: We must all choose to be unreasonable
- 06:48 SAM CURTIS: Would you agree to put a microchip in your child?
- 06:40 Rocky’s knock-out proposal got me my man
- 06:39 Rocky’s knock-out proposal got me my man
- 06:38 Wind farms divide communities
- 06:34 Blind is classy, Van Gaal subs are odd and more we learned from Man...
- 06:34 Chelsea 1-1 Man City: Pellegrini embarrasses Mourinho and more...
- 06:34 Education Eye: Effective online research
- 06:27 GM and China’s SAIC to push into Indonesia with no-frills vans