Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
Most read news
- 10:13 Easter bonnet parade fun for pupils
- 10:09 Derbyshire police start recruitment drive to boost number of bobbies
- 10:09 Village WW1 heroes proudly recorded
- 10:08 Woman due in court accused of shoplifting
- 10:06 Woman hospitalised following rescue from fire in Ambergate
- 10:05 Mother’s donation is a thank you to baby unit
- 09:57 Dad of 17 approached to star on Celebrity Big Brother just months...
- 09:46 Hospital porter's heroics save life of collapsed grandad at the...
- 09:46 Stoke pervert Anthony Walker used secret cameras to film up...
- 09:43 Video: Portuguese navy’s drone launch ends in embarrassing fail