Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
Most read news
- 03:37 Opening of new state-of-the-art £228 city college draws closer
- 03:35 Have Jedis created a new 'religion'?
- 03:27 West Ham's Mark Noble tips Diafra Sakho to topple champions...
- 03:24 Canada vows to swiftly toughen anti-terror laws
- 03:24 No deal on Free Syrian Army fighting IS in key border town
- 03:20 Serbia and Albania plan appeals after UEFA dish out sanctions
- 03:20 A football genius offering unprecedented access? That would put a...
- 03:11 Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Three survivors tell how they owe...
- 03:07 U.S. general says he believes North Korea can build nuclear warhead
- 21:23 Man Utd News: Di Maria fitness boost, Valdes admission, Januzaj...