Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
Most read news
- 02:18 UK drones: Concern over increase in use
- 02:17 Yorkshire’s Grand Depart story could be relived in new feature film
- 02:17 Video: Building robots of the future in Leeds
- 02:16 Lost tapes of classic British television found in the US
- 02:10 First new farming campus in 50 years
- 02:10 Mozart is Top of the Flocks
- 01:57 Sydney craft beer week: in search of the strangest tipple
- 01:55 Size 28 Natasha shapes up for Miss Plus Size International title
- 01:54 Melbourne City's Robert Koren out until at least December
- 01:31 William Hill says profits for year are likely to be at 'top end' of...