Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
Most read news
- 07:35 IN PICTURES: Beatlemania coming to South Shields
- 07:22 Sleaford grandmother to share £150k Health Lottery win with family
- 07:16 WATCH: Lifeboat crew rescue two kayakers
- 07:16 New sponsor on board for county’s business awards
- 07:14 African head teacher says thanks for support
- 07:14 Sleaford owner of missing pet lizard appeals for help to find him
- 07:14 British Islamic State jihadist 'beheads American journalist James...
- 07:12 Town’s BID is to lead the way for retail crime prevention
- 07:11 Army veteran wins Nottingham tram fine fight
- 07:11 Voyeur filmed man in toilet, court hears