Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
Most read news
- 21:23 WATCH: Erik Lamela scores world-class goal for Tottenham in Europa...
- 21:10 Jailed: Gang who planted James Bond-style tracking devices on...
- 20:19 Argentine economic activity falls 1.2 percent in August year-on-year
- 20:18 6 reasons why older men make better boyfriends
- 19:43 TRANSFER NEWS: Valdes joins Man Utd, Chelsea target is Arsenal fan,...
- 18:32 It’s a hostile atmosphere! Chelsea skipper John Terry wary of...
- 18:22 Man Utd News: Big Liverpool target JOINS, De Gea to stay, Rafael...
- 18:21 Liverpool FC striker Mario Balotelli in photo threat claims
- 17:58 Theo Walcott set to return for Arsenal trip to Sunderland
- 17:51 Arsenal set to raid Premier League rivals in January for £10m...