Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
Most read news
- 11:07 BT Sport to show United's trip to Arsenal as their top pick of live...
- 11:01 Two men charged with production of cannabis
- 11:01 MirrorFootball advent calendar: Christmas song rewritten with...
- 10:59 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in...
- 10:58 Lloyds Bank boosts capital through St James's Place sale
- 10:55 Jesus Christ named history's most successful meme
- 10:55 Fifty Shades of Grey movie: Callum Keith Rennie cast as Anastasia's...
- 10:48 Through the keyhole... fancy living where the most expensive...
- 10:46 Zimbabwe to hold first diamond sell in Antwerp
- 10:38 50 Sniffs release Christmas singleand will donate profits to Boston...