Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
Most read news
- 00:09 From Radamel Falcao to Danny Welbeck: Four transfer deadline day...
- 00:09 Man appears in court over George Galloway street assault
- 00:06 Free lunches launched in Sheffield schools
- 23:33 Danny Welbeck to Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pictured in Rome as club...
- 23:31 Arsenal granted extension in bid to sign Manchester United's Danny...
- 22:50 West Ham transfer news: Hammers hope to beat deadline with signing...
- 22:42 Radamel Falcao deal yet to be confirmed, Manchester United fans...
- 22:21 Hull City set to confirm Gaston Ramirez and Hatem Ben Arfa loan deals
- 22:06 Arsenal transfer news: Danny Welbeck set to join from Manchester...
- 21:23 Sky Sports presenter Alan Irwin gets attacked by purple dildo...