Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
- 10:57 Police believe friends of Salford fugitive who fled officers in his...
- 10:57 Greater Manchester Police WILL enforce new drug-driving law but not...
- 10:55 Turkey's Erdogan to talk to central bank governor, warns of 'treason'
- 10:53 Royal Mint unveils new coinage portrait of the Queen
- 10:42 Workplace pensions to be probed over possible 'hidden charges'
- 10:10 Man Utd fan ratings: See how supporters rated the Reds after win...
- 10:07 Review: Al Murray The Pub Landlord, Nottingham Playhouse
- 08:46 Manchester United clear to seal Memphis Depay transfer, PSV to sell
- 08:25 Luciano Vietto confirms interest in Liverpool transfer, £12m bid...
- 08:18 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd's 3am talks, Jovetic to Liverpool, Arsenal...