Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst... read more
- 16:23 Huyton wrestler, 62, wins bronze at British Championships after...
- 16:23 Mossley Hill dad creates a stunning series of surreal 360 degree...
- 16:20 Didier Drogba should keep his mouth shut when it comes to Chelsea's...
- 16:17 Youths shine at Club Sport Roxburgh awards
- 16:17 Leader of German anti-immigrant party calls on Merkel to resign
- 16:17 Book lovers are celebrating Civilised Saturday and it's lovely
- 16:14 UPDATED: Shapps quits after claims that ‘failure' to investigate...
- 16:13 Betty helps to fly the flag for national pride
- 16:13 Scunthorpe United 0 Peterborough United 1: HALF-TIME
- 16:13 Council shows support on White Ribbon Day