Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations,... read more
- 05:08 From the archive, 5 August 1915: The right way of paying for the war
- 05:08 Washing dirty dishes to serving dazzling plates: Madrid chef's...
- 05:04 Coalition will take six to eight weeks to revise its Carmichael...
- 04:40 Hainan gibbon decline charted in Chinese records
- 04:34 What's behind the 'anti-vax' movement?
- 04:32 Jose Mourinho dodges Arsene Wenger again after skipping compulsory...
- 04:04 Jeb Bush: I misspoke about women's health funding
- 03:56 Real Madrid want deal for Man Utd's David De Gea completed 'by end...
- 01:32 David de Gea says goodbye as Man United star joins Champions League...
- 00:41 Liverpool's "set to have £14.7m Denis Cheryshev transfer offer...