Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
- 09:04 A483 traffic chaos as Posthouse roundabout traffic lights stuck on red
- 09:03 Derby IT firm Node4 snaps up Nottinghamshire's Reconnix
- 09:02 Election 2015: Eric Pickles says Conservatives will win majority
- 08:58 Prime Leicester Square spot up for grabs as wine bar Yates's moves out
- 08:52 SPFL Pyramid Play-Off shock as Highland League Brora say no thanks...
- 08:51 Louis van Gaal uses strange analogy to shed light on Man Utd's...
- 08:51 Planning inspector dismisses protests and gives wind turbines green...
- 08:46 Pros and cons of dating this guy should only lead to one conclusion
- 08:43 Massive penalties for clubs who fail to meet Financial Fair Play rules
- 07:52 Manchester United transfer gossip: PSG want Di Maria, Depay, De Gea...