Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
- 04:18 Teenager kicked while on ground in Northamptonshire attack
- 04:17 Arsenal Transfer News: Martinez deal AGREED, Walcott EXIT, treble...
- 04:12 Nepal earthquake: travel restrictions imposed to prevent child...
- 04:08 Shane Smeltz follows Jacques Faty in signing new deal with Sydney FC
- 04:04 Work man sets off Grantham fire alarm
- 03:51 Clinton emails: state department offers to release next batch on 30...
- 03:40 Oil recovers from drop of over 2 percent, U.S. crude stocks in focus
- 03:31 Police detain 12 people after 38 killed in fire at aged care home...
- 02:17 Now hackers can track your subway rides: App pinpoints your...
- 01:59 Man Utd Transfer News: Kane REJECTS move, Alves switch ON, Benitez...