Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
Most read news
- 18:02 BA pilot charged with child abuse offences took his own life,...
- 17:50 World Cup 'Vanishing Spray' will be used in the Premier League this...
- 17:49 Psychological drama starts filming in Dewsbury
- 17:44 Schizophrenic Guilty Of Shooting Cop On Doorstep
- 17:44 Mysterious Crop Circle Appears In Wheat Field
- 17:22 Display screen technology could correct vision problems
- 14:30 'Skywalker' signature rejected by passport officials
- 14:26 Police name 12-year-old cyclist who died in collision as Jake Mitchell
- 13:43 Update: Man killed in industrial accident in Grantham is named locally
- 13:35 Arsenal transfer boost as Sporting Lisbon put William Carvalho up...