Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
Most read news
- 10:51 The real-life Transformer that morphs from a robot into a CAR:...
- 10:49 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served...
- 10:47 Police called after man found hanging from tree
- 10:46 Diego Costa injury: Chelsea striker forced into hospital ahead of...
- 10:42 Working it: why the women who wear the clothes give fashion its power
- 10:23 Arsene Wenger basically confirms Lukas Podolski is staying at...
- 10:12 Liverpool transfer news: Lucas Leiva confirms he is seeking Reds exit
- 10:08 Liverpool fans applaud Cristiano Ronaldo after master-class for...
- 09:52 Steven Defour: Why Arsenal are nowhere near as good as Borussia...
- 09:43 Man who died in crash outside Tesco supermarket in Burnage named