Northampton making “the best economic recovery”
A Government think-tank has listed Northampton as making the best recovery from recession. The Centre for Cities monitors the performance of the 63 largest towns and cities in the UK.
Their latest annual ‘Cities Outlook report’ charts the recovery of each town and city since 2008.
The report looks at how the recession has affected individuals and businesses in terms of job creation, average wages, numbers and size of businesses in the area and house prices.
Of all 63 locations, Northampton makes the largest leap improvement up the rankings.
In 2008 Northampton had been among the worst affected places, rated 61 out of 63. But in the last three years the town has leapt into the top ten,... read more
Most read news
- 19:10 Arsenal star Theo Walcott could return from injury for Sunday's...
- 18:41 Nottingham Forest's Danny Fox dyes beard yellow...for charity
- 18:05 TRANSFER NEWS: Arsenal to SIGN Liverpool target, Reus to United,...
- 17:51 Armed police dealing with flat siege
- 17:10 Arsenal "pass up chance to sign Paulo Dybala as Arsene Wenger...
- 16:03 Arsenal's SHOCK fight to hold on to highly-rated defender due to...
- 15:58 Man United legend Keane DID confront Cleverley - Lambert
- 15:25 Arsenal News: Gunners to SIGN Liverpool and United target, Reus...
- 14:37 Arsenal receive double FITNESS BOOST ahead of Sunday's trip to...
- 13:34 Robin van Persie delivers HUGE snub to Man Utd's £59.7m star Angel...