Northamptonshire murderer who decapitated pensioner found in Peterborough
A murderer who decapitated a Northamptonshire pensioner and absconded from an open prison has been found by police in Peterborough. Michael Davey, aged 55, killed James Edwardson in 1994. The pensioner’s headless body was found at his home in Corby.
Davey was due to be released shortly from an open prison after serving a life sentence.
He went missing from HMP Leyhill in Bristol yesterday morning and police believed he may have returned to Northamptonshire.
HMP Leyhill works with life sentence prisoners before their release= and inmates are categorised as low-risk.
An HM Prison Service spokesman said: “More than 96 per cent of prisoners who abscond are recaptured and returned to... read more
Most read news
- 21:01 Ex-Leader Nick Griffin Expelled From BNP
- 20:57 Cameron offers £7bn tax giveaway and warns vote for Ukip would let...
- 20:54 Ex-Scotland star James McFadden signs for St Johnstone until end of...
- 20:54 FAA gets more applications for drone use exemptions
- 20:48 Cassetteboy's hilarious remix of Cameron's conference speech is...
- 20:41 No protest for democracy is going to stop these students from...
- 20:41 Family of missing "jihadi bride' beg her to come home to Britain
- 20:37 Victoria Secrets: Queen Victoria's knickers go on sale (and they...
- 20:36 Jamie Carragher blasts Mario Balotelli, revealing he is not a fan...
- 20:35 Benefit freezes and the final nail in caring Conservatism’s coffin