Northamptonshire murderer who decapitated pensioner found in Peterborough
A murderer who decapitated a Northamptonshire pensioner and absconded from an open prison has been found by police in Peterborough. Michael Davey, aged 55, killed James Edwardson in 1994. The pensioner’s headless body was found at his home in Corby.
Davey was due to be released shortly from an open prison after serving a life sentence.
He went missing from HMP Leyhill in Bristol yesterday morning and police believed he may have returned to Northamptonshire.
HMP Leyhill works with life sentence prisoners before their release= and inmates are categorised as low-risk.
An HM Prison Service... read more
- 18:51 Wales 6-15 Australia: Wallabies withstand Dragons onslaught with...
- 18:44 VIDEO: Ashley Wilkinson reacts to Walsall 2 - 0 Burton Albion
- 18:39 Conmebol insist Michel Platini ‘can lead Fifa towards a brighter...
- 18:38 Sunderland fans can expect things to get ugly under Sam...
- 18:37 South Cheshire soldier lands £13.2 million from online game
- 18:31 'Sport was his life' - Jordan Burndred's family made guests of...
- 18:31 Staffordshire Police officer helps save man's life in Newcastle
- 18:28 New taxi app will provide peace of mind
- 17:14 Mum responds brilliantly to a man's damaging comment about her...
- 17:14 Paddy McGuinness' wife Christine flaunts her toned curves in skimpy...