Northamptonshire murderer who decapitated pensioner found in Peterborough
A murderer who decapitated a Northamptonshire pensioner and absconded from an open prison has been found by police in Peterborough. Michael Davey, aged 55, killed James Edwardson in 1994. The pensioner’s headless body was found at his home in Corby.
Davey was due to be released shortly from an open prison after serving a life sentence.
He went missing from HMP Leyhill in Bristol yesterday morning and police believed he may have returned to Northamptonshire.
HMP Leyhill works with life sentence prisoners before their release= and inmates are categorised as low-risk.
An HM Prison Service spokesman said: “More than 96 per cent of prisoners who abscond are recaptured and returned to... read more
Most read news
- 16:07 The Intruders: John Simm joins Oscar-winner Mira Sorvino in...
- 16:06 Police hunt on-the-run pimp mum
- 16:01 Millwall 1 Cardiff City 0: Danny Shittu puts injury nightmare...
- 15:52 West Ham 2 Man City 1: Champions hammered at Upton Park
- 15:51 In pictures: West Ham 2 Manchester City 1
- 15:48 The HILARIOUS moment Russell Brand STORMS into Sam Allardyce's West...
- 15:22 SNAPPED: Liverpool fans ditch Mario Balotelli shirts outside Anfield
- 14:20 Sunderland vs Arsenal team news: Arsene Wenger makes three changes...
- 13:35 Liverpool News: Dressing room BUST-UP, Carragher return as coach,...
- 13:25 TRANSFER NEWS: Ozil to LEAVE Arsenal, Anfield hero to return to...