Northamptonshire murderer who decapitated pensioner found in Peterborough
A murderer who decapitated a Northamptonshire pensioner and absconded from an open prison has been found by police in Peterborough. Michael Davey, aged 55, killed James Edwardson in 1994. The pensioner’s headless body was found at his home in Corby.
Davey was due to be released shortly from an open prison after serving a life sentence.
He went missing from HMP Leyhill in Bristol yesterday morning and police believed he may have returned to Northamptonshire.
HMP Leyhill works with life... read more
- 05:33 Grounded! City Council bans drones from country park
- 05:27 Egypt row over Facebook Muezzin call
- 05:26 Destiny update: Bungie focused on Taken King to bring major story...
- 05:25 An alternative to statins? New drug which 'halves cholesterol' with...
- 05:21 Bank holiday rush could cause delays
- 05:16 Thousands expected to protest in Rhyl over North Wales maternity...
- 05:10 Ebola nurse working at NHS hospital that saved his life
- 05:09 Heartbroken bride who lost both parents within a month desperate...
- 05:09 City Centre bulletin: What to look out for this week
- 05:05 For art to survive in Iran, trendy urbanites have to like it