Northamptonshire murderer who decapitated pensioner found in Peterborough
A murderer who decapitated a Northamptonshire pensioner and absconded from an open prison has been found by police in Peterborough. Michael Davey, aged 55, killed James Edwardson in 1994. The pensioner’s headless body was found at his home in Corby.
Davey was due to be released shortly from an open prison after serving a life sentence.
He went missing from HMP Leyhill in Bristol yesterday morning and police believed he may have returned to Northamptonshire.
HMP Leyhill works with life sentence prisoners before their release= and inmates are categorised as low-risk.
An HM Prison Service... read more
- 22:50 The Clutha closes its doors at 9:22pm to mark the second...
- 22:50 Homeland recap season five, episode eight – All About Allison
- 22:49 Who is Tyson Fury? The new heavyweight champion of the world profiled
- 22:46 Remi Garde insists 'I'm not silly' after pressure mounts on Aston...
- 22:43 Exeter’s Tom Johnson: we have players in contention for England
- 22:39 Norwich 1 Arsenal 1: Sanchez limps off as Wenger's injury woes mount
- 22:37 Players Championship Darts: Adrian Lewis feels the full force of...
- 22:30 Andy Murray one-man show carries Great Britain to Davis Cup glory...
- 22:07 Brewing giant AB InBev to placate regulators over £177bn merger...
- 22:07 Shell's £55bn mega-merger with BG expected to get green light from...