Northamptonshire murderer who decapitated pensioner found in Peterborough
A murderer who decapitated a Northamptonshire pensioner and absconded from an open prison has been found by police in Peterborough. Michael Davey, aged 55, killed James Edwardson in 1994. The pensioner’s headless body was found at his home in Corby.
Davey was due to be released shortly from an open prison after serving a life sentence.
He went missing from HMP Leyhill in Bristol yesterday morning and police believed he may have returned to Northamptonshire.
HMP Leyhill works with life sentence prisoners before their release= and inmates are categorised as low-risk.
An HM Prison Service spokesman said: “More than 96 per cent of prisoners who abscond are recaptured and returned to... read more
Most read news
- 14:35 Baby 'Left In Car By Forgetful Dad' Found Dead
- 14:32 Road closed after bedroom fire in Northampton house
- 14:28 Is rock's flippant attitude towards mental health changing?
- 14:28 Why the best Easter art is so gory and disturbing
- 14:28 De La Soul unveil secret Record Store Day mixtape
- 14:28 Robin Williams to star in Mrs Doubtfire sequel
- 14:27 Young Alford band ‘Two-Step’ in line for gig of their lives.
- 14:24 Hartlepool Utd boss: None shall pass at Burton Albion
- 14:21 Sixth form students insights into Auschwitz
- 14:01 Can Luis Suarez continue his sensational run of hat-tricks when...