Northamptonshire murderer who decapitated pensioner found in Peterborough
A murderer who decapitated a Northamptonshire pensioner and absconded from an open prison has been found by police in Peterborough. Michael Davey, aged 55, killed James Edwardson in 1994. The pensioner’s headless body was found at his home in Corby.
Davey was due to be released shortly from an open prison after serving a life sentence.
He went missing from HMP Leyhill in Bristol yesterday morning and police believed he may have returned to Northamptonshire.
HMP Leyhill works with life sentence prisoners before their release= and inmates are categorised as low-risk.
An HM Prison Service spokesman said: “More than 96 per cent of prisoners who abscond are recaptured and returned to... read more
Most read news
- 15:25 Carillion Ends Balfour Beatty Merger Interest
- 15:18 Exclusive - Funds could face market curbs after lobbying backfires
- 15:13 Video: Latest transfer news - Manchester United sign Marcos Rojo as...
- 14:58 Luis Nani exit: The curious case of the Manchester United winger
- 14:35 Manchester United's Anderson makes most audacious ice bucket...
- 14:19 Ruthless Wayne Rooney chucks bucket at wife Coleen's head during...
- 11:04 Liverpool fan comes up with song for Manchester United new boy...
- 09:36 Angel Di Maria latest: Manchester United target is Real Madrid's...
- 09:19 Arsenal clear to make Douglas Costa transfer as Shakhtar Donetsk...
- 08:43 Thomas Muller reveals Manchester United made him huge transfer...