Northamptonshire murderer who decapitated pensioner found in Peterborough
A murderer who decapitated a Northamptonshire pensioner and absconded from an open prison has been found by police in Peterborough. Michael Davey, aged 55, killed James Edwardson in 1994. The pensioner’s headless body was found at his home in Corby.
Davey was due to be released shortly from an open prison after serving a life sentence.
He went missing from HMP Leyhill in Bristol yesterday morning and police believed he may have returned to Northamptonshire.
HMP Leyhill works with life sentence prisoners before their release= and inmates are categorised as low-risk.
An HM Prison Service spokesman said: “More than 96 per cent of prisoners who abscond are recaptured and returned to... read more
- 10:15 G7 finance chiefs meet with growth problem to fix
- 10:12 Robbie Williams tribute performer given suspended prison sentence...
- 10:12 Arsenal "lining up £5million transfer bid for Jeffrey Schlupp'
- 10:10 AC Milan chief Adriano Galliani desperate to lure Carlo Ancelotti...
- 10:07 Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck out of FA Cup final as well as...
- 09:58 Bygones: Nellie Pierce shares recollections of her parents' West...
- 09:58 Bygones: My dad Albert Lindley was in Chaddesden pub darts team photo
- 09:58 Former Liverpool striker Andy Carroll WANTS shock Newcastle return
- 09:58 Arsenal's Mesut Ozil opens up on REAL reason behind long-term knee...
- 09:32 Broadway enjoys record season