Northamptonshire murderer who decapitated pensioner found in Peterborough
A murderer who decapitated a Northamptonshire pensioner and absconded from an open prison has been found by police in Peterborough. Michael Davey, aged 55, killed James Edwardson in 1994. The pensioner’s headless body was found at his home in Corby.
Davey was due to be released shortly from an open prison after serving a life sentence.
He went missing from HMP Leyhill in Bristol yesterday morning and police believed he may have returned to Northamptonshire.
HMP Leyhill works with life sentence prisoners before their release= and inmates are categorised as low-risk.
An HM Prison Service spokesman said: “More than 96 per cent of prisoners who abscond are recaptured and returned to... read more
Most read news
- 12:42 Better Call Saul billboard pops up in Albuquerque, and the phone...
- 12:42 Man Booker Prize 2014: Donna Tartt left off new international longlist
- 12:42 Lib Dem MP slammed over Gaza ‘rocket’ tweet
- 12:41 Something new is brewing at Old Nick’s Tavern
- 12:39 Hat-trick of awards for Sheffield health heroes
- 12:03 Arsene Wenger is right, Arsenal do NOT need another centre-forward
- 11:17 Arsenal make offer to sign Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas on...
- 11:15 Manchester United unveil new away kit: White strip will be last...
- 11:00 Liverpool transfer news: Loic Remy undergoes medical in Boston...
- 09:59 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with...