Northamptonshire murderer who decapitated pensioner found in Peterborough
A murderer who decapitated a Northamptonshire pensioner and absconded from an open prison has been found by police in Peterborough. Michael Davey, aged 55, killed James Edwardson in 1994. The pensioner’s headless body was found at his home in Corby.
Davey was due to be released shortly from an open prison after serving a life sentence.
He went missing from HMP Leyhill in Bristol yesterday morning and police believed he may have returned to Northamptonshire.
HMP Leyhill works with life sentence prisoners before their release= and inmates are categorised as low-risk.
An HM Prison Service spokesman said: “More than 96 per cent of prisoners who abscond are recaptured and returned to... read more
Most read news
- 10:55 Little Horrors 2014 - Your fantastic pictures of little ones...
- 10:52 'Death clock' app Deadline hooks up to fitness trackers to let you...
- 10:49 TEAM NEWS: Arsenal in CRISIS mode as injuries pile up ahead of...
- 10:44 Owls fans column: Former Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Ingesson...
- 10:43 Olivier Giroud set to RETURN to Arsenal training three weeks ahead...
- 10:34 Cara chameleon: the many faces of Cara Delevingne
- 09:57 Arsene Wenger: Theo Walcott is not fit to start for Arsenal
- 09:45 Liverpool idol Jamie Carragher: City would want Man United star...
- 09:29 Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher: How Man United should line up...
- 08:45 PAPER REVIEW: Liverpool rocked, Man Utd boost, Man City boss' pressure