Olympic champion Lochte suffers torn ligament injury after over-enthustiastic fan jumps on swimmer and sends him crashing to the curb!
An over-enthusiastic fan has put swimmer Ryan Lochte out of action after she jumped on him.
The five-time Olympic champion tore a ligament and sprained another in his left knee last weekend during a visit to Gainesville, Florida.
An unidentified teenage girl ran at Lochte, who tried to catch her, but the two fell over in the process and Lochte hit his knee on a curb.
Injured: Olympic swimming champion Ryan Lochte suffered a torn ligament after an eager fan jumped on him
'As a result of a freak injury caused by an unexpected fan encounter, Ryan has suffered a torn MCL and an ACL sprain and will be taking a break from training and competition,' said Lochte's publicist in a statement on... read more
Most read news
- 19:08 'We're in limbo': the families marooned at a British air base for...
- 19:04 The Scotsman games review: FIFA 15
- 18:58 Rising UK borrowing leaves no room for pre-election sweeteners
- 18:52 CSKA Moscow 2 - Man City 2: English champions on brink of Euro exit...
- 18:41 Do Baggies fans like Mondays after Manchester United point?
- 18:40 LINE-UPS: Loic Remy starts for Chelsea in Maribor clash as Kurt...
- 18:27 Manchester United receive huge boost as Colombia World Cup star is...
- 18:27 Wetherby schools could be set for expansion
- 18:02 Sir Alex Ferguson: David Moyes 'did not realise how big a club'...
- 17:38 Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal to MISS OUT on Marco Reus