Olympic champion Lochte suffers torn ligament injury after over-enthustiastic fan jumps on swimmer and sends him crashing to the curb!
An over-enthusiastic fan has put swimmer Ryan Lochte out of action after she jumped on him.
The five-time Olympic champion tore a ligament and sprained another in his left knee last weekend during a visit to Gainesville, Florida.
An unidentified teenage girl ran at Lochte, who tried to catch her, but the two fell over in the process and Lochte hit his knee on a curb.
Injured: Olympic swimming champion Ryan Lochte suffered a torn ligament after an eager fan jumped on him
'As a result of a freak injury caused by an unexpected fan encounter, Ryan has suffered a torn MCL and an ACL sprain and will be taking a break from training and competition,' said Lochte's publicist in a statement on... read more
Most read news
- 17:22 How dementia is changing me: My battle with an ever-shifting identity
- 17:21 Luis Suarez joins select club of just SIX other players to score 30...
- 17:13 Lasting memorial for ‘lovely’ Vivienne
- 17:07 Mesut Ozil: How did the Arsenal playmaker perform in the 3-0 win...
- 17:06 Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter: Boxer whose wrongful conviction for...
- 16:58 Man who met woman on dating website "steals her dog' on first date
- 16:56 Hull City new kit deal with Umbro launched by former star Geovanni
- 16:45 Arsenal's Lukas Podolski: Race for fourth place is not over yet
- 16:44 Boycott threat over reception tests
- 16:37 Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days