Olympic champion Lochte suffers torn ligament injury after over-enthustiastic fan jumps on swimmer and sends him crashing to the curb!
An over-enthusiastic fan has put swimmer Ryan Lochte out of action after she jumped on him.
The five-time Olympic champion tore a ligament and sprained another in his left knee last weekend during a visit to Gainesville, Florida.
An unidentified teenage girl ran at Lochte, who tried to catch her, but the two fell over in the process and Lochte hit his knee on a curb.
Injured: Olympic swimming champion Ryan Lochte suffered a torn ligament after an eager fan jumped on him
'As a result of a freak injury caused by an unexpected fan encounter, Ryan has suffered a torn MCL and an ACL sprain and will be taking a break from training and competition,' said Lochte's publicist in a statement on... read more
Most read news
- 00:08 Price wars as shoppers get bargain habit
- 00:08 Boohoo to push button on German site
- 00:02 Stuart Broad facing fitness fight to be ready for England's third...
- 00:02 Factory slowdown hits economy
- 23:41 Wednesday's National Newspaper Front Pages
- 23:41 Montana Judge Suspended Over Rape Comments
- 22:45 Manchester United not afraid to spend £70m on one player, reveals...
- 22:45 Manchester United transfer news: United made aware Angel di Maria...
- 21:28 Six things you need to know about promising Arsenal youngster Chris...
- 21:15 Can Morgan Schneiderlin fit into Tottenham Hotspur's midfield...