Olympic champion Lochte suffers torn ligament injury after over-enthustiastic fan jumps on swimmer and sends him crashing to the curb!
An over-enthusiastic fan has put swimmer Ryan Lochte out of action after she jumped on him.
The five-time Olympic champion tore a ligament and sprained another in his left knee last weekend during a visit to Gainesville, Florida.
An unidentified teenage girl ran at Lochte, who tried to catch her, but the two fell over in the process and Lochte hit his knee on a curb.
Injured: Olympic swimming champion Ryan Lochte suffered a torn ligament after an eager fan jumped on him
'As a result of a freak injury caused by an unexpected fan encounter, Ryan has suffered a torn MCL and an ACL sprain and will be taking a break from training and competition,' said Lochte's publicist in a statement on... read more
Most read news
- 10:17 India Knight: ‘Chick lit is in its death throes’
- 10:16 Review: Sam Smith, O2 ABC, Glasgow
- 10:16 One Direction, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran sign up for first BBC Music...
- 10:04 Arsenal train 'very hard', insists Arsene Wenger as boss dismisses...
- 09:53 FTSE slips as pharmaceutical and telecoms shares under pressure
- 09:44 TRANSFER NEWS: Valdes to sign 18-month deal at Man Utd, Liverpool...
- 09:42 Chelsea transfer news: Blues will have to pay £63m to land Paul Pogba
- 09:29 Man killed in Hebden Bridge hit-and-run
- 09:20 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd land Valdes, Khedira to Arsenal, Balotelli...
- 08:44 Manchester United transfer gossip: Valdes rejects deal, Strootman...