Olympic honour for Morley landlady
A PUB landlady from Morley says she "feels like a celebrity" after being named an Olympic torchbearer.
This summer Diane McKenna, the landlady of the Carriers Arms, will be one of 8,000 inspirational people to carry the Olympic Torch on its 70 day, 8,000 mile journey around the UK.
She follows in the footsteps of her friend, Iraq veteran Simon Brown, who was selected for the honour last year and will carry the torch on a stretch through Morley.
The 44-year-old who was nominated for her work for charity and in the community said: “I am so excited. It is just the most amazing thing ever, for me and my family and friends and all my customers at the pub who are so supportive.... read more
Most read news
- 23:37 Global Ebola cases pass 10,000 as Mali becomes latest nation to...
- 23:37 Are YOU fat because your husband is a control freak? This woman put...
- 23:37 Port Vale poised to sign new player
- 23:33 One man arrested after police and immigration officers visit...
- 23:28 Kurdish and Iraqi government forces make gains against Isis insurgents
- 23:20 Luke Campbell stops Daniel Brizuela in home town, Chris Eubank Jr wins
- 23:14 West Ham 2 - Man City 1: Sakho brings the glory for Sam Allardyce
- 23:14 Louis van Gaal: I’m good but Jose Mourinho is best in the business
- 23:14 All hail king Drogba! Chelsea veteran will play important role in...
- 23:07 11 things that always happen when the clocks go back