Olympic honour for Morley landlady
A PUB landlady from Morley says she "feels like a celebrity" after being named an Olympic torchbearer.
This summer Diane McKenna, the landlady of the Carriers Arms, will be one of 8,000 inspirational people to carry the Olympic Torch on its 70 day, 8,000 mile journey around the UK.
She follows in the footsteps of her friend, Iraq veteran Simon Brown, who was selected for the honour last year and will carry the torch on a stretch through Morley.
The 44-year-old who was nominated for her work for charity and in the community said: “I am so excited. It is just the most amazing thing ever, for me and my family and friends and all my customers at the pub who are so supportive.... read more
Most read news
- 10:31 Money Matters Roadshow: Get help and advice at free event in...
- 10:31 Man arrested after his partner left seriously ill in alleged...
- 10:24 Weather warning as Hurricane Gonzalo set to hit Lancashire
- 10:11 'If Boris Johnson wants to give me the Mayor of London job, that...
- 10:03 MILES STARFORTH’S MATCH ANALYSIS; Newcastle 1-0 Leicester City
- 09:52 Brendan Rodgers: I want to leave Liverpool to manage in Spain
- 09:41 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down...
- 09:32 The LETTER Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson sent Liverpool boss...
- 09:01 Arsene Wenger: I have a huge concern at Arsenal
- 08:48 Police hunt driver who tried to lure 12-year-old boy into his car...