Olympic honour for Morley landlady
A PUB landlady from Morley says she "feels like a celebrity" after being named an Olympic torchbearer.
This summer Diane McKenna, the landlady of the Carriers Arms, will be one of 8,000 inspirational people to carry the Olympic Torch on its 70 day, 8,000 mile journey around the UK.
She follows in the footsteps of her friend, Iraq veteran Simon Brown, who was selected for the honour last year and will carry the torch on a stretch through Morley.
The 44-year-old who was nominated for her work for charity and in the community said: “I am so excited. It is just the most amazing thing ever, for me and my family and friends and all my customers at the pub who are so supportive.... read more
Most read news
- 01:43 Merry, sustainable, Christmas
- 01:34 Farage's approval rating slips
- 01:34 Plan 'could double 999 wait times'
- 01:34 Child abuse panel faces axe threat
- 01:34 Festive drivers 'drugalyse' threat
- 01:34 Fury over club's move to sign Evans
- 01:33 Crawley 1-2 Port Vale: What Vale fans made of the game
- 01:29 Winter Solstice 2014: Google Doodle marks shortest day of the year
- 01:28 Philadelphia Eagles' season goes from bad to worse with defeat in...
- 01:14 Sunderland manager Gus Poyet has forged an imperious record against...