Olympic honour for Morley landlady
A PUB landlady from Morley says she "feels like a celebrity" after being named an Olympic torchbearer.
This summer Diane McKenna, the landlady of the Carriers Arms, will be one of 8,000 inspirational people to carry the Olympic Torch on its 70 day, 8,000 mile journey around the UK.
She follows in the footsteps of her friend, Iraq veteran Simon Brown, who was selected for the honour last year and will carry the torch on a stretch through Morley.
The 44-year-old who was nominated for... read more
- 06:34 Glenbourne Unit care worker charged with raping patient
- 06:33 Hospital trusts celebrate top patient marks
- 06:31 Business is booming for Boldon medical gas company
- 06:27 Face-scan technology is the new finger printing - chief constable
- 06:25 Northern Ireland health officials 'lack leadership and vision',...
- 06:19 Scandal-hit Malaysian PM Najib drops speech at anti-corruption...
- 06:18 Just 400 of Hartlepool’s 3,100 artworks are on show to the public
- 06:18 Hartlepool girl’s princess dream is a step closer, thanks to...
- 06:18 Hartlepool council’s apprenticeships are just the job
- 06:15 Pressure? What pressure? Scotland boss Gordon Strachan showing no...