Olympic honour for Morley landlady
A PUB landlady from Morley says she "feels like a celebrity" after being named an Olympic torchbearer.
This summer Diane McKenna, the landlady of the Carriers Arms, will be one of 8,000 inspirational people to carry the Olympic Torch on its 70 day, 8,000 mile journey around the UK.
She follows in the footsteps of her friend, Iraq veteran Simon Brown, who was selected for the honour last year and will carry the torch on a stretch through Morley.
The 44-year-old who was nominated for her work for charity and in the community said: “I am so excited. It is just the most amazing thing ever, for me and my family and friends and all my customers at the pub who are so supportive.... read more
Most read news
- 00:06 Banker bonuses plan ‘could drive talent overseas’
- 00:06 Comment: Banking’s new code | health and safety
- 00:06 Belly fat clearest sign of diabetes risk
- 23:50 Billionaire founder of Spanx launches range of jeans that offers...
- 23:50 Matalan donates to Rana Plaza fund for victims of collapsed...
- 23:43 Hoyle and Milner on course for nationals
- 23:42 Vegas Casino Heist Suspect Restrained In Court
- 23:33 Jose Mourinho says Romelu Lukaku did not have right "mentality' to...
- 23:31 The Mimic: TV review: This sitcom sleeper hit is still making a...
- 19:26 Former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand conducts awkward...