Olympic honour for Morley landlady
A PUB landlady from Morley says she "feels like a celebrity" after being named an Olympic torchbearer.
This summer Diane McKenna, the landlady of the Carriers Arms, will be one of 8,000 inspirational people to carry the Olympic Torch on its 70 day, 8,000 mile journey around the UK.
She follows in the footsteps of her friend, Iraq veteran Simon Brown, who was selected for the honour last year and will carry the torch on a stretch through Morley.
The 44-year-old who was nominated for her work for charity and in the community said: “I am so excited. It is just the most amazing thing ever, for me and my family and friends and all my customers at the pub who are so supportive.... read more
Most read news
- 02:48 Common antibiotic linked to 'tiny' rise in heart deaths
- 02:45 Common antibiotic linked to 'tiny' rise in heart deaths
- 02:37 Final Email From James Foley's Killers Revealed
- 02:29 First-Time Buyers 'Getting A Shot At Long Last'
- 02:29 Boston Suspect's Friend Admits Binning Evidence
- 02:19 US clothing store Gap to set up in India
- 02:00 Hartlepool United sign Middlesbrough striker and former AFC...
- 02:00 Colin Cooper hopes to raise confidence levels at Hartlepool United
- 01:46 Deficit-reduction target in doubt as tax revenues come up short
- 01:46 Market Report: City pulses set racing by speculation two...