Olympic honour for Morley landlady
A PUB landlady from Morley says she "feels like a celebrity" after being named an Olympic torchbearer.
This summer Diane McKenna, the landlady of the Carriers Arms, will be one of 8,000 inspirational people to carry the Olympic Torch on its 70 day, 8,000 mile journey around the UK.
She follows in the footsteps of her friend, Iraq veteran Simon Brown, who was selected for the honour last year and will carry the torch on a stretch through Morley.
The 44-year-old who was nominated for her work for charity and in the community said: “I am so excited. It is just the most amazing thing ever, for me and my family and friends and all my customers at the pub who are so supportive.... read more
- 08:36 Chelsea, West Brom and Hull City players among those to contribute...
- 08:36 SFO probes Bank of England's lending during financial crisis
- 08:36 MARKET REPORT: Rising equity prices boost insurers and fund managers
- 08:29 Uber halts low-cost ride service in Seoul, seeks to avoid ban
- 08:22 European Central Bank raises growth forecasts and says QE to start...
- 08:19 Chelsea handed boost in Raphael Varane transfer chase as Real...
- 08:18 Barcelona ready to rattle Liverpool's cage with FREE transfer for...
- 08:08 Man Utd News: Striker bid made, £14m midfielder bargain, DONE DEAL,...
- 07:14 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd's striker bid, Liverpool want Arsenal...
- 05:27 Brendan Rodgers was right - Emre CAN become world-class for...