Olympic honour for Morley landlady
A PUB landlady from Morley says she "feels like a celebrity" after being named an Olympic torchbearer.
This summer Diane McKenna, the landlady of the Carriers Arms, will be one of 8,000 inspirational people to carry the Olympic Torch on its 70 day, 8,000 mile journey around the UK.
She follows in the footsteps of her friend, Iraq veteran Simon Brown, who was selected for the honour last year and will carry the torch on a stretch through Morley.
The 44-year-old who was nominated for her work for charity and in the community said: “I am so excited. It is just the most amazing thing ever, for me and my family and friends and all my customers at the pub who are so supportive.... read more
Most read news
- 22:00 Valencia showcase Alvaro Negredo as striker draws in crowds for...
- 21:56 Port Vale groundsman Steve Speed used tractor for Ice Bucket Challenge
- 21:50 Steven Sotloff 'beheading': Tributes pour in for US journalist who...
- 21:41 Apple Denies System Breach Over Nude Photos
- 21:33 Luke James leaves for Peterborough but Hartlepool United sign no...
- 21:30 Double mastectomies may not reduce cancer survival rates, study shows
- 21:29 Tom Cleverley leaves Manchester United for Aston Villa
- 21:21 Gas pipe collapse in Chester-le-Street
- 21:19 Celebrity photo breach heightens online security warnings
- 21:15 GQ Men Of The Year Awards: Kim Kardashian steals the show at 'boys...