Olympic honour for Morley landlady
A PUB landlady from Morley says she "feels like a celebrity" after being named an Olympic torchbearer.
This summer Diane McKenna, the landlady of the Carriers Arms, will be one of 8,000 inspirational people to carry the Olympic Torch on its 70 day, 8,000 mile journey around the UK.
She follows in the footsteps of her friend, Iraq veteran Simon Brown, who was selected for the honour last year and will carry the torch on a stretch through Morley.
The 44-year-old who was nominated for her work for charity and in the community said: “I am so excited. It is just the most amazing thing ever, for me and my family and friends and all my customers at the pub who are so supportive.... read more
Most read news
- 07:17 Blur's war against grunge: Could Brits take on US pop again?
- 07:17 Only four British writers make it on to Bailey's prize longlist
- 07:17 Want to read quicker? There's an app for that
- 07:17 UNDERAGE BOOZING SHAME Cops seize hundreds of cans from kids as...
- 07:11 Oscar Pistorius Trial: Watch live stream from court on day five of...
- 07:10 Porsche and coins stolen during raid
- 07:04 McInnes: 'We want two cup finals'
- 07:03 We’re taking environmental crime seriously
- 07:02 South Yorks: Thousands of children denied help to keep warm
- 06:52 Police warn parent parkers they are putting kids’ lives at risk