Olympic honour for Morley landlady
A PUB landlady from Morley says she "feels like a celebrity" after being named an Olympic torchbearer.
This summer Diane McKenna, the landlady of the Carriers Arms, will be one of 8,000 inspirational people to carry the Olympic Torch on its 70 day, 8,000 mile journey around the UK.
She follows in the footsteps of her friend, Iraq veteran Simon Brown, who was selected for the honour last year and will carry the torch on a stretch through Morley.
The 44-year-old who was nominated for her work for charity and in the community said: “I am so excited. It is just the most amazing thing ever, for me and my family and friends and all my customers at the pub who are so supportive.... read more
- 07:53 Stoke City: Potters trio play in Republic of Ireland's Euro 2016...
- 07:52 Arsenal "set to make £10m transfer bid to sign Aleksandar Mitrovic'
- 07:40 Hull care home boss Andrew Ellis plundered bank accounts of...
- 07:35 Man dies at 007-themed "Pussy Galore' swingers' party
- 07:33 Sick new ISIS video shows CHILDREN helping behead hostages in Syria
- 07:33 Bayern Munich goalkeeper Manuel Neuer is now taking throw ins for...
- 07:31 Keith Jackson: New Rangers board's financial credibility is on the...
- 07:31 Top Tory John Fareham 'punched' and North Hull MP candidate Dehenna...
- 07:29 Scunthorpe United will avoid relegation if they cut out sloppy...
- 07:17 TRANSFER NEWS: Chelsea TO SIGN Bale, Man Utd SNUB, Arsenal WANT...