Olympic honour for Morley landlady
A PUB landlady from Morley says she "feels like a celebrity" after being named an Olympic torchbearer.
This summer Diane McKenna, the landlady of the Carriers Arms, will be one of 8,000 inspirational people to carry the Olympic Torch on its 70 day, 8,000 mile journey around the UK.
She follows in the footsteps of her friend, Iraq veteran Simon Brown, who was selected for the honour last year and will carry the torch on a stretch through Morley.
The 44-year-old who was nominated for her work for charity and in the community said: “I am so excited. It is just the most amazing... read more
- 20:27 Liverpool decided to sack Brendan Rodgers before Merseyside Derby...
- 20:24 Ireland edge their way into World Cup quarter-finals
- 20:17 Robert Peston to leave BBC for ITV
- 20:17 How Birmingham's Fewtrell family used Barnaby the bear as their...
- 20:17 Robin Goodfellow's Racing Tips: All the best bets for Monday,...
- 20:12 Oh James: A look back at James Bond through the ages
- 20:08 Isis or Russia? Labour needs to decide which is the bigger threat
- 19:56 Decision to axe Liverpool FC boss Rodgers made before derby
- 19:49 Thorbjorn Olesen wins third European Tour title after overcoming...
- 18:53 Brendan Rodgers sacked as Liverpool boss, Reds fans immediately...