Olympic honour for Morley landlady
A PUB landlady from Morley says she "feels like a celebrity" after being named an Olympic torchbearer.
This summer Diane McKenna, the landlady of the Carriers Arms, will be one of 8,000 inspirational people to carry the Olympic Torch on its 70 day, 8,000 mile journey around the UK.
She follows in the footsteps of her friend, Iraq veteran Simon Brown, who was selected for the honour last year and will carry the torch on a stretch through Morley.
The 44-year-old who was nominated for her work for charity and in the community said: “I am so excited. It is just the most amazing thing... read more
- 08:19 John Campbell hatches plan to help new farm entrants
- 08:19 Legal breakthrough for Google's driverless car
- 08:18 Germany train crash: Controller error theory dismissed
- 08:18 Eden Hazard reveals the only reason he will stay at Chelsea
- 08:18 Dimitri Payet is West Ham's best player and we must do everything...
- 08:18 Junior doctors go on strike today after last-ditch talks fail to...
- 08:16 Nicola Sturgeon: Why the #ScotSpirit will always ensure a warm...
- 08:16 VisitScotland unveil £4 million star-studded global tourism...
- 08:13 Bathtime with dad: Hulk, the 12st pit bull, joins his adorable...
- 08:13 Ulverston mum tells of "immeasurable stress" caused by woman who...