Olympic honour for Morley landlady
A PUB landlady from Morley says she "feels like a celebrity" after being named an Olympic torchbearer.
This summer Diane McKenna, the landlady of the Carriers Arms, will be one of 8,000 inspirational people to carry the Olympic Torch on its 70 day, 8,000 mile journey around the UK.
She follows in the footsteps of her friend, Iraq veteran Simon Brown, who was selected for the honour last year and will carry the torch on a stretch through Morley.
The 44-year-old who was nominated for her work for charity and in the community said: “I am so excited. It is just the most amazing... read more
- 00:03 Google's driverless cars will SHOUT at pedestrians that get in its...
- 23:57 Yorkshire Ripper should go back to prison - psychiatrists
- 23:57 Can Nigeria replicate China's economic transformation?
- 23:56 ‘They found a brain tumour at the back of her head': Meet the...
- 23:56 Yorkshire Ripper should be returned to prison, say psychiatrists
- 23:45 Emphasis on the new in BBC One programming for Christmas
- 23:44 Queensland girl, 12, on attempted murder charge after alleged knife...
- 23:38 Napoli go top of Serie A after Gonzalo Higuaín cuts down...
- 23:22 Aston Villa blog: Another telling fixture against Watford in...
- 23:18 Is YOUR water poisoned by other people's pills? Top scientist warns...