Olympic honour for Morley landlady
A PUB landlady from Morley says she "feels like a celebrity" after being named an Olympic torchbearer.
This summer Diane McKenna, the landlady of the Carriers Arms, will be one of 8,000 inspirational people to carry the Olympic Torch on its 70 day, 8,000 mile journey around the UK.
She follows in the footsteps of her friend, Iraq veteran Simon Brown, who was selected for the honour last year and will carry the torch on a stretch through Morley.
The 44-year-old who was nominated for her work for charity and in the community said: “I am so excited. It is just the most amazing thing ever, for me and my family and friends and all my customers at the pub who are so supportive.... read more
- 21:34 BP would need to bring equipment from Texas to contain South...
- 21:30 It's a write-off! Porsche 911 owner's shock when bungling mechanics...
- 21:27 Body discovered in hunt for missing Manchester man Daniel Bradley...
- 21:19 Cannes Palme d'Or awarded to French film Dheepan
- 20:58 Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool target drops HUGE hint over Chelsea...
- 20:27 Arsenal waiting until the Copa America to announce signing of Man...
- 20:03 Leicester 5 QPR 1: 'Feel the City fans' love Cambiasso'
- 19:59 Dina Asher-Smith sets new British 100m record of 11.02sec
- 19:53 Jose Mourinho: Why Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool target MUST stay...
- 19:35 Cannes 2015: Jacques Audiard's Dheepan surprise winner of Palme d'Or