Only in the Black Country! Horse and trap visit the cashpoint
Hold your horses – that’s not something you see every day. Grandfather-of-two Ken Higginson was left feeling a little unstable after finding himself queuing behind this fine four-legged animal at a cashpoint.
He had gone to the Murco Petrol Station, in Gospel Oak Road, Tipton, to withdraw money ahead of a trip to Blackpool when he saw the horse with two men. And the 79-year-old couldn’t resist the opportunity to take a picture.
“I looked up and I was amazed,” said Mr Higginson, from Oval Road in Tipton.
“I’ve never been behind a horse in a queue for a cash machine that’s for sure.
“I asked the men for permission to take a picture and they didn’t mind.”
Sandwell... read more
- 10:34 Quick and easy frittata recipes for your packed lunch
- 10:32 Superbug alert at Kate Middleton's hospital as eight patients...
- 10:31 Liverpool "complete transfer of Manchester City star James Milner'
- 10:23 Person suffers burns after Whitwell chip pan fire
- 10:21 Remedy to rush-hour hell in town on table
- 10:19 Sat Bains: Derby-born chef among those in earthquake-hit Nepal
- 10:14 Kitchen pantry catches fire in Newton Burgoland
- 09:59 Electricity panel sparks Ilkeston house fire
- 09:49 Arsenal "plot £15m transfer bid for Lyon forward Nabil Fekir'
- 09:49 Powerful tunes to tackle cancer