Only in the Black Country! Horse and trap visit the cashpoint
Hold your horses – that’s not something you see every day. Grandfather-of-two Ken Higginson was left feeling a little unstable after finding himself queuing behind this fine four-legged animal at a cashpoint.
He had gone to the Murco Petrol Station, in Gospel Oak Road, Tipton, to withdraw money ahead of a trip to Blackpool when he saw the horse with two men. And the 79-year-old couldn’t resist the opportunity to take a picture.
“I looked up and I was amazed,” said Mr Higginson, from Oval Road in Tipton.
“I’ve never been behind a horse in a queue for a cash machine that’s for sure.
“I asked the men for permission to take a picture and they didn’t mind.”
Sandwell... read more
Most read news
- 04:20 Pearson 'shocked' by Robson departure
- 04:18 Message to dog walkers at mating time
- 04:09 Tawny owls lead breeding success
- 03:54 Comment: Halt the obesity juggernaut
- 03:42 Third Washington School Shooting Victim Dies
- 03:30 Wolds Diary: Swotting up to hit the high notes
- 03:29 Musical chairs left programme sitting uncomfortably
- 03:25 Marcus Wareing: 'I have high standards but that's how it should be'
- 03:20 'Poorest students up to £840 a year worse off'
- 03:17 Stamp collector jailed over images