Pakistan bomb kills at least five in Shia Ashura procession
Pakistani Shia Muslims pray during an Ashura procession in Karachi. At least 30 people have been killed in similar attacks recently. Photograph: AFP/Getty Images The Taliban have said it carried out a bombing that killed at least five people and wounded more than 90 others at a Shia religious procession in north-west Pakistan on Sunday.
At least 30 people died in five attacks on the minority Muslim sect over the past five days, while about 100 have been wounded in the runup to the annual... read more
- 01:57 The professional baseball league played in 43C heat
- 01:57 Myanmar's diving scavengers and other working lives
- 01:57 Operation Gibraltar: The Pakistani troops who infiltrated Kashmir...
- 01:57 Vietnam-US relations: What the Vietnamese say
- 01:49 Forget the ‘floating spoon’ on Mars, now there's a whole cutlery...
- 01:49 Seva Novgorodsev: The DJ who 'brought down the USSR'
- 01:49 The hurling heroes of Ireland
- 01:48 Pilot dies after light aircraft crash in Nigel Farage accident field
- 01:38 New Zealand to take 100 Syrian refugees, says United Nations
- 01:21 Comment: Retailers should enjoy clearer skies ahead