Pakistan bomb kills at least five in Shia Ashura procession
Pakistani Shia Muslims pray during an Ashura procession in Karachi. At least 30 people have been killed in similar attacks recently. Photograph: AFP/Getty Images The Taliban have said it carried out a bombing that killed at least five people and wounded more than 90 others at a Shia religious procession in north-west Pakistan on Sunday.
At least 30 people died in five attacks on the minority Muslim sect over the past five days, while about 100 have been wounded in the runup to the annual Ashura holiday, which commemorates the 7th-century death of the Prophet Muhammad's grandson. The schism... read more
- 13:24 Halifax trader found milking illicit tobacco profits
- 13:21 Spider webs act like CRIME SCENES: Silk contains traces of the...
- 13:18 Mamadou Sakho hopeful of quick return from injury as defender picks...
- 13:17 Celtic well on course to land a domestic treble say Ladbrokes.. as...
- 13:08 Man City: Silva fit for Southampton game
- 13:08 'Li-fi 100 times faster than wi-fi'
- 13:08 Toshiba considers splitting off, listing part of chip business
- 13:04 Black Friday 2015: Shoppers in Derby city centre admit they did not...
- 12:59 Manchester Christmas markets evacuated in bomb scare
- 12:25 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger takes subtle dig at Chelsea's title chances