Pakistan bomb kills at least five in Shia Ashura procession
Pakistani Shia Muslims pray during an Ashura procession in Karachi. At least 30 people have been killed in similar attacks recently. Photograph: AFP/Getty Images The Taliban have said it carried out a bombing that killed at least five people and wounded more than 90 others at a Shia religious procession in north-west Pakistan on Sunday.
At least 30 people died in five attacks on the minority Muslim sect over the past five days, while about 100 have been wounded in the runup to the annual Ashura holiday, which commemorates the 7th-century death of the Prophet Muhammad's grandson. The schism... read more
- 03:28 WATCH: Shocking moment teacher HUMILIATES and screams at...
- 03:19 Mexico accuses prison officials of homicide after brutal riot
- 03:18 DRIVER ALERT: Section of A18 to get 20mph limit for 6 months
- 02:44 Avocado prices about to fall from their $7 high to the usual $2 or $3
- 02:40 Cressida Bonas is the picture of sophistication in a long sleeved...
- 02:40 Better late than never! Leonardo DiCaprio tries to go incognito...
- 02:40 'There are no words!' Adele superfans Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson...
- 02:40 'Missing my raver days': Miley Cyrus shares throwback topless...
- 02:40 Flirty in florals: Emilia Clarke is a sheer sartorial delight in a...
- 02:31 New Zealand's Christchurch rocked by 5.7 magnitude quake