Palestinians blame Israel for exploratory talks' failure
"In light of the results of the Amman meetings, the Palestinian leadership holds Israel fully responsible for their failure," the top Palestinian decision-making body, the executive committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), said in a statement Monday.
"These meetings exposed Israel's determination to pursue settlement activity and its rejections of the two state solution based on the 1967 boundaries," it added in the statement, issued after a meeting in the West Bank city of Ramallah.
A committee member said the Palestinian leadership decided not to return to the talks held in the Jordanian capital, as demanded by Europe and the United States.
Peace... read more
Most read news
- 01:45 CLARKE CARLISLE RETIRES FROM FOOTBALL
- 01:43 MATHIAS DOUMBE LEAVES MK DONS
- 01:43 Woolwich special report: A community in disbelief
- 01:43 Woolwich: Muslim groups unite against attacks
- 01:43 Woolwich: Ingrid tells of attacker confrontation
- 01:41 Hot dog Hamilton and rich kid Rosberg speed clear as Mercedes rule...
- 01:41 Tough guy Moyes will do fine at United, says Fellaini as he...
- 01:41 Scholes and Co bowed out in unassuming fashion, the bland new...
- 01:41 UFC EXCLUSIVE: Velasquez on his rematch with Bigfoot, drug testing...
- 01:21 Market Report: Investors rattled by overhaul at Pearson