Pars go down
Dunfermline were relegated from the Clydesdale Bank Premier League after an early implosion helped Hibernian triumph 4-0 at Easter Road.
The Pars conceded three times in the opening 15 minutes as Matt Doherty exposed their defensive failings, firstly heading in after five minutes before crossing for Eoin Doyle to apply the second six minutes later.
Garry O'Connor converted on his 29th birthday for his 16th goal of the season after Austin McCann fouled Paul Hanlon, who volleyed in a fourth after 81 minutes, although replays suggested the strike should not have been allowed.
After Martin Hardie and Kyle Hutton shot weakly from long range for Dunfermline, James McPake made a crucial... read more
Most read news
- 23:32 NHS regulation: never again, again
- 23:31 Star to start the Underwood Run
- 23:16 Fans group hopeful over Dunfermline offer
- 23:16 Treasury 'considering Lloyds sale'
- 23:12 Jenson Button: Downbeat driver cannot wait to put season behind him
- 23:12 Mike Ashley wants blood after last season's trauma at Newcastle -...
- 23:12 Chinese group Wanda to splash Â£1bn on UK luxury yachtmaker and...
- 23:12 Lions demand better refereeing
- 23:12 Jamie Carragher can see why Luis Suarez wants move to Real Madrid
- 23:01 Mad Men recap: season six, episode 12 â€“ The Quality of Mercy