PICTURES: Olympic champ Jessica Ennis weds
Sheffield's Olympic champ Jessica Ennis has added the most inportant gold ever to her collection - a wedding ring, when she tied the knot, writes Graham Walker
And she wore a winning smile as she married her long-term partner at a church in Derbyshire’s Peak District.
Bystanders in the picturesque village of Hathersage broke into spontaneous applause outside the Church of St Michael and All Angels as Ennis arrived to marry fiance Andy Hill.
Around 100 guests are thought to have attended the hour-long wedding service before heading off to a reception at an undisclosed location.
Wearing a V-necked, sleeveless ivory silk gown with a ruffled tulle skirt and a full-length veil, the bride... read more
Most read news
- 12:59 EE step in to save 58 more Phones 4U stores
- 12:55 Reports dogs ‘ripped arm off’ owner in savage attack
- 12:51 Work to start on new 20mph zones across the district
- 12:49 Son appeals for help in tracing bike his dad was riding when he died
- 12:46 Work to start on new 20mph zones across the district
- 12:46 Labour conference: Ed Miliband under pressure to act swiftly on...
- 12:37 Stoke City press conference ahead of Sunderland Capital One Cup...
- 12:11 Leicester to invest £3.8m on new academy to emulate Man Utd's...
- 12:00 Alnmouth set the pace in North Northumberland League
- 10:22 John Terry posts heartfelt Instagram message to Frank Lampard after...