PICTURES: Olympic champ Jessica Ennis weds
Sheffield's Olympic champ Jessica Ennis has added the most inportant gold ever to her collection - a wedding ring, when she tied the knot, writes Graham Walker
And she wore a winning smile as she married her long-term partner at a church in Derbyshire’s Peak District.
Bystanders in the picturesque village of Hathersage broke into spontaneous applause outside the Church of St Michael and All Angels as Ennis arrived to marry fiance Andy Hill.
Around 100 guests are thought to have attended the hour-long wedding service before heading off to a reception at an undisclosed location.
Wearing a V-necked, sleeveless ivory silk gown with a ruffled tulle skirt and a full-length veil, the bride... read more
Most read news
- 04:58 Momentum behind fly grazing law changes
- 04:54 Maynard bemoans lack of pressure on Bees
- 04:51 Signs of long-term faith in dairy
- 04:49 Set off fireworks: The best knits for Bonfire Night
- 04:41 Canadian Mountie killer jailed for five life sentences
- 04:40 ‘New Greening rules can work well’
- 04:40 Fly fishing in the American West
- 04:33 Macmillan Art Show aims to break £3m barrier
- 04:22 Farm of the Week: All-in-one dairy farm limits risks
- 04:22 Birdwatch: Cetti’s warbler