PICTURES: Olympic champ Jessica Ennis weds
Sheffield's Olympic champ Jessica Ennis has added the most inportant gold ever to her collection - a wedding ring, when she tied the knot, writes Graham Walker
And she wore a winning smile as she married her long-term partner at a church in Derbyshire’s Peak District.
Bystanders in the picturesque village of Hathersage broke into spontaneous applause outside the Church of St Michael and All Angels as Ennis arrived to marry fiance Andy Hill.
Around 100 guests are thought to have attended the hour-long wedding service before heading off to a reception at an undisclosed location.
Wearing a V-necked, sleeveless ivory silk gown with a ruffled tulle skirt and a full-length veil, the bride... read more
Most read news
- 05:10 U.S. Secret Service director resigns under fire
- 05:08 James Hird holds on as Essendon coach for now, despite Asada fall-out
- 05:02 Reserving gas for domestic users would hurt renewable energy
- 05:00 Strellar performance from Basle
- 04:54 Japan stocks rattled by $617bn 'fat finger' trading error
- 04:51 Manufacturing skills crisis takes shine off soaring sales
- 04:46 Stephen Fry: Drug use different to sexual abuse cases
- 04:25 Tony Abbott’s burqa comments divisive and harmful, says Labor
- 04:21 Alice Gross Case: Post-Mortem Set To Resume
- 04:18 McCanns online abuse dossier probed