PICTURES: Olympic champ Jessica Ennis weds
Sheffield's Olympic champ Jessica Ennis has added the most inportant gold ever to her collection - a wedding ring, when she tied the knot, writes Graham Walker
And she wore a winning smile as she married her long-term partner at a church in Derbyshire’s Peak District.
Bystanders in the picturesque village of Hathersage broke into spontaneous applause outside the Church of St Michael and All Angels as Ennis arrived to marry fiance Andy Hill.
Around 100 guests are thought to have attended the hour-long wedding service before heading off to a reception at an undisclosed location.
Wearing a V-necked, sleeveless ivory silk gown with a ruffled tulle skirt and a full-length veil, the bride... read more
Most read news
- 04:38 Cash Incentives To Tackle Obesity Crisis
- 04:32 He was bad, so they put an ice pick in his brain...
- 04:30 Costa Rica intervenes to stop strike at port, arrests 68
- 04:16 Public benefits from LNG exports may be little more than a gas pipe...
- 04:11 10 things to do across Scotland this weekend
- 04:05 Ottawa shooting will not intimidate Canada, prime minister declares
- 04:04 Canada Will 'Never Be Intimidated' By Terrorists
- 03:29 The Bottom Line: Herald Business Diary
- 03:17 On This Day in 1968: Who has been setting fire to Glasgow football...
- 03:17 The wheels have come off Astra after drive to Europe