PICTURES: Olympic champ Jessica Ennis weds
Sheffield's Olympic champ Jessica Ennis has added the most inportant gold ever to her collection - a wedding ring, when she tied the knot, writes Graham Walker
And she wore a winning smile as she married her long-term partner at a church in Derbyshire’s Peak District.
Bystanders in the picturesque village of Hathersage broke into spontaneous applause outside the Church of St Michael and All Angels as Ennis arrived to marry fiance Andy Hill.
Around 100 guests are thought to have attended the hour-long wedding service before heading off to a reception at an undisclosed location.
Wearing a V-necked, sleeveless ivory silk gown with a ruffled tulle skirt and a full-length veil, the bride... read more
Most read news
- 05:04 FIRST PERSON: Thousands suffering dementia in silence without a...
- 04:58 Mexico Captures 'Most Wanted' Drug Lord
- 04:54 Unions Protest As East Coast Line Goes Private
- 04:40 Hull City: Robbie Brady's form leaves mate Andy Robertson kicking...
- 04:39 Travel: The Poetry of the Clyde Valley
- 04:39 Travel: A west Yorkshire break with a difference
- 04:26 LETTER: Why is our MP Karl McCartney so scared of facing public?
- 04:04 Greece debt: PM Alexis Tsipras rules out third bailout
- 03:52 SNAPPED: Is this Chelsea's new kit with £40m shirt sponsor Yokohama?
- 03:50 Proof at last that 'yuppie flu' is a real illness: Study finds...