PICTURES: Olympic champ Jessica Ennis weds
Sheffield's Olympic champ Jessica Ennis has added the most inportant gold ever to her collection - a wedding ring, when she tied the knot, writes Graham Walker
And she wore a winning smile as she married her long-term partner at a church in Derbyshire’s Peak District.
Bystanders in the picturesque village of Hathersage broke into spontaneous applause outside the Church of St Michael and All Angels as Ennis arrived to marry fiance Andy Hill.
Around 100 guests are thought to have attended the hour-long wedding service before heading off to a reception at an undisclosed location.
Wearing a V-necked, sleeveless ivory silk gown with a ruffled tulle skirt and a full-length veil, the bride... read more
Most read news
- 18:58 Preston North End boss Simon Grayson’s January blues
- 18:56 Look: What did we learn from the Sky Blues' 2-2 draw with Rochdale?
- 18:55 Rapist Lee Schofield gets his jail term reduced on appeal
- 18:48 'Just wait…' Islamic State reveals it has smuggled THOUSANDS of...
- 18:47 Wrexham FC 0 - 0 Torquay United: Match report
- 18:47 Michael Calvin: Time for Old Firm to put aside bigotry and forge...
- 18:46 Poyet urges Sunderland: Now build on vital win over Burnley
- 18:18 Robin van Persie and Radamel Falcao prove their worth by helping...
- 18:11 Actress Geraldine McEwan dies
- 18:02 Liverpool vs West Ham player ratings: Did Daniel Sturridge sparkle...