PICTURES: Olympic champ Jessica Ennis weds
Sheffield's Olympic champ Jessica Ennis has added the most inportant gold ever to her collection - a wedding ring, when she tied the knot, writes Graham Walker
And she wore a winning smile as she married her long-term partner at a church in Derbyshire’s Peak District.
Bystanders in the picturesque village of Hathersage broke into spontaneous applause outside the Church of St Michael and All Angels as Ennis arrived to marry fiance Andy Hill.
Around 100 guests are thought to have attended the hour-long wedding service before heading off to a reception at an undisclosed location.
Wearing a V-necked, sleeveless ivory silk gown with a ruffled tulle skirt and a full-length veil, the bride... read more
Most read news
- 09:04 Reborn England crush Wales to set up rousing Six Nations finale
- 08:58 'I'm buzzing!' - Saving his best for last: Ray Quinn storms to...
- 08:58 Cara Delevingne and Michelle Rodriguez get their twerk on in new...
- 08:57 With legal reforms, China wants less interfering in cases, fewer...
- 08:55 Camera buffs in sharp focus
- 08:54 Armed police and helicopter capture dog that left woman with...
- 08:53 Shhhhh...parents support ‘silent football’ weekend
- 08:52 Reckitt Benckiser to buy K-Y from Johnson & Johnson
- 08:48 FTSE LIVE: Weak miners lead Footsie lower after poor China exports...
- 08:43 Brucey's had a beer after the game! Keane makes fun of former...