PICTURES: Olympic champ Jessica Ennis weds
Sheffield's Olympic champ Jessica Ennis has added the most inportant gold ever to her collection - a wedding ring, when she tied the knot, writes Graham Walker
And she wore a winning smile as she married her long-term partner at a church in Derbyshire’s Peak District.
Bystanders in the picturesque village of Hathersage broke into spontaneous applause outside the Church of St Michael and All Angels as Ennis arrived to marry fiance Andy Hill.
Around 100 guests are thought to have attended the hour-long wedding service before heading off to a reception at an undisclosed location.
Wearing a V-necked, sleeveless ivory silk gown with a ruffled tulle skirt and a full-length veil, the bride... read more
- 06:31 Robbie Earle: Harry Kane, Charlie Adam and Big Sam among my...
- 06:27 The coastline of Italy: readers’ travel tips
- 06:27 10 of the most bizarre homemade playgrounds and attractions
- 06:25 Lough Neagh sand-dredging: Companies told to 'stop or face court...
- 06:21 Hero marine discharged and prosecuted as criminal for putting BIBLE...
- 06:21 Hundreds evacuated in Texas after storms leave at least 15 dead
- 06:21 Member of Colombian rebel peace team killed in aerial bombing
- 06:18 Isle of Man TT great to star in his own TV show
- 06:12 China's lonely voice of dissent refuses to forget the victims of...
- 06:12 David Cameron sets off on mission to win over European leaders