PICTURES: Olympic champ Jessica Ennis weds
Sheffield's Olympic champ Jessica Ennis has added the most inportant gold ever to her collection - a wedding ring, when she tied the knot, writes Graham Walker
And she wore a winning smile as she married her long-term partner at a church in Derbyshire’s Peak District.
Bystanders in the picturesque village of Hathersage broke into spontaneous applause outside the Church of St Michael and All Angels as Ennis arrived to marry fiance Andy Hill.
Around 100 guests are thought to have attended the hour-long wedding service before heading off to a reception at an undisclosed location.
Wearing a V-necked, sleeveless ivory silk gown with a ruffled tulle skirt and a full-length veil, the bride... read more
Most read news
- 19:57 GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks, euro up on China data; Fed uncertainty lingers
- 19:53 No smoke without ire: the e-cigarette revolution
- 19:46 Twitter shares soar, near all-time high
- 19:42 Stand up to Fergie... you're in! Keane reveals his all-time United...
- 19:41 Old enough to know better: how teenagers cope with a parent's cancer
- 19:38 Spanish 'ghost airport' in Ciudad Real up for sale
- 19:30 Director of rugby Gary Gold leaves Bath
- 18:11 Arsenal 1 Everton 1: The Emirates Stadium is no longer a passing...
- 15:38 THE TRANSFER COLUMN: Liverpool lead chase for 'the Egyptian Messi'...
- 15:10 United and Arsenal dealt Gundogan blow as Barca enter race for...