PICTURES: Olympic champ Jessica Ennis weds
Sheffield's Olympic champ Jessica Ennis has added the most inportant gold ever to her collection - a wedding ring, when she tied the knot, writes Graham Walker
And she wore a winning smile as she married her long-term partner at a church in Derbyshire’s Peak District.
Bystanders in the picturesque village of Hathersage broke into spontaneous applause outside the Church of St Michael and All Angels as Ennis arrived to marry fiance Andy Hill.
Around 100 guests are thought to have attended the hour-long wedding service before heading off to a reception at an undisclosed location.
Wearing a V-necked, sleeveless ivory silk gown with a ruffled tulle skirt and a full-length veil, the bride... read more
Most read news
- 19:09 Paramedics called after two-car crash in Washington
- 19:01 Newly wedded Brangelina's surprise therapy on the set of By the Sea
- 19:00 Spanish princess faces fraud trial
- 18:20 TRANSFER NEWS: Vidal talks Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool plans...
- 18:05 Serious accident on A34 in Stone leaves Christmas shoppers stuck in...
- 17:14 Per Mertesacker 'not pleased' with performance as Arsenal break the...
- 16:42 "Distressed' seal found 17 mile from coast is pushed into trailer...
- 16:08 Chelsea News: Blues want £20m Arsenal and Utd target, Salah EXIT,...
- 15:44 James Brindley: Police discover body in search for missing Blurton man
- 15:42 Man United fans aged seven and nine thrown out of Villa Park for...