PICTURES: Olympic champ Jessica Ennis weds
Sheffield's Olympic champ Jessica Ennis has added the most inportant gold ever to her collection - a wedding ring, when she tied the knot, writes Graham Walker
And she wore a winning smile as she married her long-term partner at a church in Derbyshire’s Peak District.
Bystanders in the picturesque village of Hathersage broke into spontaneous applause outside the Church of St Michael and All Angels as Ennis arrived to marry fiance Andy Hill.
Around 100 guests are thought to have attended the hour-long wedding service before heading off to a reception at an undisclosed location.
Wearing a V-necked, sleeveless ivory silk gown with a ruffled tulle skirt and a full-length veil, the bride... read more
Most read news
- 00:06 Banker bonuses plan ‘could drive talent overseas’
- 00:06 Comment: Banking’s new code | health and safety
- 23:57 AMC Networks wants stake in BBC America - source
- 23:50 Billionaire founder of Spanx launches range of jeans that offers...
- 23:50 Matalan donates to Rana Plaza fund for victims of collapsed...
- 23:43 Hoyle and Milner on course for nationals
- 23:42 Vegas Casino Heist Suspect Restrained In Court
- 23:33 Jose Mourinho says Romelu Lukaku did not have right "mentality' to...
- 23:31 The Mimic: TV review: This sitcom sleeper hit is still making a...
- 19:26 Former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand conducts awkward...