PICTURES: Olympic champ Jessica Ennis weds
Sheffield's Olympic champ Jessica Ennis has added the most inportant gold ever to her collection - a wedding ring, when she tied the knot, writes Graham Walker
And she wore a winning smile as she married her long-term partner at a church in Derbyshire’s Peak District.
Bystanders in the picturesque village of Hathersage broke into spontaneous applause outside the Church of St Michael and All Angels as Ennis arrived to marry fiance Andy Hill.
Around 100 guests are thought to have attended the hour-long wedding service before heading off to a reception at an undisclosed location.
Wearing a V-necked, sleeveless ivory silk gown with a ruffled tulle skirt and a full-length veil, the bride... read more
Most read news
- 18:14 UPDATE 2-Insurer Saga could announce $5 bln London listing next week
- 18:11 Free pack of dog chews for Dearne readers
- 17:53 Two conmen jailed over £10m investor scam
- 17:41 RAF Jet Chases Russian Planes Away From UK
- 16:47 Liverpool owners 'absolutely delighted' and set to reward Brendan...
- 16:18 SPOTTED! Paul Scholes leaves Carrington after sealing coaching...
- 16:18 Rio Ferdinand and Rafael not up to standard at Manchester United -...
- 16:10 'Tempers and feelings are running high' - Andy Cole critical of...
- 15:36 Liverpool fan set for first hair cut in 11 years as Reds close in...
- 14:00 Liverpool could coincide Premier League glory with Anfield...