Police Investigate Girl's Campsite Death
Police are investigating the "unexplained but not suspicious" death of a teenage girl who died after her family suffered suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a Shropshire campsite. All four members of the family were found unconscious in their tent on Sunday morning.
The girl was pronounced dead at the scene after suffering cardiac arrest while her 11-year-old brother and their parents were taken to Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.
A hospital spokeswoman said all three patients were in a stable condition.
It has been devastating. It is really tragic. Nobody has done anything wrong, they have just not realised the dangers of disposable barbecues.
Campsite owner Phil Wright The... read more
Most read news
- 19:47 Woolwich attack: We face new type of terror threat, says former...
- 19:42 UK and France to join global anti-corruption initiative
- 19:40 Are children naturally better with computers than their parents?
- 19:37 The write stuff: How Unity Academy transformed its students'...
- 19:20 'Soldier beheaded' in street as two shot in suspected terrorist...
- 19:13 'Soldier' beheaded in Woolwich Islamist terror attack
- 19:07 Xbox One: Has Microsoft lost the name game in the console war?
- 18:08 "Army cadet" killed in London terrorist attack
- 18:06 Former Manchester United and England star Greenhoff dies aged 60
- 18:06 I'm disappointed but I understand why I was sacked! Pulis opens up...