Police seize drugs worth £1.5m after Northamptonshire raid
Officers seized heroin and cannabis worth an estimated £1.5 million following a drugs raid in Northamptonshire, police have revealed. Police swooped on an address in Harcourt Street, Raunds, last Tuesday evening, where they discovered the loft had nearly 200 cannabis plants growing inside.
During the subsequent search police found boxes of packaged herbal cannabis, along with a “significant” amount of heroin.
Two people, a 30-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Raunds, were arrested at the address and have been charged for offences related to the possession of controlled... read more
- 04:56 Ban on human gene patents is baffling but it won't impede biotech...
- 04:51 Controlled burn by mine operator in Kakadu sparks out-of-control...
- 04:40 Australia asylum: Court to rule on offshore detention camps
- 04:37 Woman 'gang-raped in refugee camp ordered to stay SILENT by...
- 04:36 Houston Astros blank New York Yankees in AL wild-card game
- 04:34 VIDEO: Thieves hit Knutton Scarecrow Festival - before uploading...
- 04:26 British Airways jet fire: parts from other General Electric engines...
- 04:26 Ovarian tissue transplants safe and successful, study suggests
- 04:00 Paper Review: £37m Chelsea exit, Liverpool's new boss, Man Utd...
- 03:57 Fast-tracked skin cancer drug pembrolizumab gets approval