Police seize drugs worth £1.5m after Northamptonshire raid
Officers seized heroin and cannabis worth an estimated £1.5 million following a drugs raid in Northamptonshire, police have revealed. Police swooped on an address in Harcourt Street, Raunds, last Tuesday evening, where they discovered the loft had nearly 200 cannabis plants growing inside.
During the subsequent search police found boxes of packaged herbal cannabis, along with a “significant” amount of heroin.
Two people, a 30-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Raunds, were arrested at the address and have been charged for offences related to the possession of controlled substances with intent to supply.
Sector Commander Inspector Vaughan Clarke said: “This is one of... read more
Most read news
- 22:33 Samuel Muston: My recipe for the perfect picnic
- 22:30 Arturo Vidal rules out move to Manchester United but Juventus...
- 22:26 China's Baidu outpaces Street targets as mobile revenue surges
- 22:22 Church’s £150k revamp ready
- 22:22 Slimming World success
- 22:21 Peres steps down as Israeli president, sees peace 'one day'
- 22:18 Joyce McMillan: Culture triumphs over and kitsch
- 22:13 Palestinian Shot Dead During West Bank Protest
- 22:13 Concern Over Mental-Health 'Funding Crisis'
- 22:12 The Honourable Woman recap: episode four – The Ribbon Cutter