Police seize drugs worth £1.5m after Northamptonshire raid
Officers seized heroin and cannabis worth an estimated £1.5 million following a drugs raid in Northamptonshire, police have revealed. Police swooped on an address in Harcourt Street, Raunds, last Tuesday evening, where they discovered the loft had nearly 200 cannabis plants growing inside.
During the subsequent search police found boxes of packaged herbal cannabis, along with a “significant” amount of heroin.
Two people, a 30-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Raunds, were arrested at the address and have been charged for offences related to the possession of controlled substances with intent to supply.
Sector Commander Inspector Vaughan Clarke said: “This is one of... read more
Most read news
- 21:19 CCTV released in hunt for Harrow sex attacker
- 21:18 Hull KR unveil new away shirt based on UK City of Culture 2017 logo
- 21:14 Venezuela's Machado vows to fight assassination plot charges
- 21:11 Five of the most impressive things about going skiing in Graubünden
- 21:06 Concerns for missing trio who were last seen in Bulwell
- 20:42 Van Gaal wants top four... but Manchester United players believe we...
- 20:32 Hanley Tesco Extra bring in extra staff for midnight launch as...
- 19:52 Man Utd News: RVP hails Arsenal and Chelsea stars, big fitness...
- 16:28 Jack Wilshere out for three months, Manchester United fans...
- 15:20 Man Utd News: Van Gaal plots MAJOR Varane swoop, Rojo return,...