Police seize drugs worth £1.5m after Northamptonshire raid
Officers seized heroin and cannabis worth an estimated £1.5 million following a drugs raid in Northamptonshire, police have revealed. Police swooped on an address in Harcourt Street, Raunds, last Tuesday evening, where they discovered the loft had nearly 200 cannabis plants growing inside.
During the subsequent search police found boxes of packaged herbal cannabis, along with a “significant” amount of heroin.
Two people, a 30-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Raunds, were arrested at the address and have been charged for offences related to the possession of controlled substances with intent to supply.
Sector Commander Inspector Vaughan Clarke said: “This is one of... read more
Most read news
- 10:31 Manchester City stars Samir Nasri, Joe Hart, Frank Lampard and Co...
- 10:30 Anti-gay pastor called Gaylard arrested "for grabbing a man's...
- 10:27 Your ultimate last minute one-click foodie gift guide
- 10:19 Arsene Wenger hints at signing a defender in January after...
- 10:19 How Erik Lamela gave Tottenham Hotspur fans the perfect early...
- 10:19 Man City set to beat Chelsea and Man Utd to Atletico Madrid star Koke
- 10:17 Drivers face roadside drug test in Christmas crackdown
- 10:15 Outcry as manager expresses interest in signing former Sheffield...
- 10:15 Man in custody over Sheffield road smash which killed two teenagers
- 10:12 Nostalgia: Nativity play in Birstall