Police seize drugs worth £1.5m after Northamptonshire raid
Officers seized heroin and cannabis worth an estimated £1.5 million following a drugs raid in Northamptonshire, police have revealed. Police swooped on an address in Harcourt Street, Raunds, last Tuesday evening, where they discovered the loft had nearly 200 cannabis plants growing inside.
During the subsequent search police found boxes of packaged herbal cannabis, along with a “significant” amount of heroin.
Two people, a 30-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Raunds, were arrested at the address and have been charged for offences related to the possession of controlled substances with intent to supply.
Sector Commander Inspector Vaughan Clarke said: “This is one of... read more
Most read news
- 19:36 Red Cross worker killed in Central African Republic
- 19:36 AT&T cuts wireless data charges for individual customers
- 19:29 How's your luck? Younes Kaboul sent off as Chelsea awarded...
- 19:29 Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham: Mourinho's relentless march towards the...
- 19:29 Scotland 17 France 19 match report: Scotland suffer last-gasp...
- 19:29 Birmingham 0 QPR 2 match report: Ravel Morrison at the double to...
- 19:23 Fight starts to save A and E but MP calls for debate
- 19:22 Wolfsburg 1-6 Bayern Munich: Muller hat-trick helps Guardiola's...
- 19:21 Respected local judge Graham Hyland dies
- 19:09 Are terrorists behind Malaysian Airline crash? Fears grow after it...