Police seize drugs worth £1.5m after Northamptonshire raid
Officers seized heroin and cannabis worth an estimated £1.5 million following a drugs raid in Northamptonshire, police have revealed. Police swooped on an address in Harcourt Street, Raunds, last Tuesday evening, where they discovered the loft had nearly 200 cannabis plants growing inside.
During the subsequent search police found boxes of packaged herbal cannabis, along with a “significant” amount of heroin.
Two people, a 30-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Raunds, were arrested at the address and have been charged for offences related to the possession of controlled substances with intent to supply.
Sector Commander Inspector Vaughan Clarke said: “This is one of... read more
Most read news
- 10:53 Ajax admit interest in taking Man United star Adnan Januzaj on loan
- 10:46 Manchester United star Angel Di Maria in line for top gong
- 10:25 BAZ BAMIGBOYE: Mad Earl McAvoy's a class act
- 10:02 Liverpool News: Source reveals Balotelli EXIT plan, cash for new...
- 10:02 I know who threw the pizza! Arsenal's Wenger lifts the lid on Man...
- 09:44 TRANSFER NEWS: Valdes to sign 18-month deal at Man Utd, Liverpool...
- 09:42 Chelsea transfer news: Blues will have to pay £63m to land Paul Pogba
- 09:29 Man killed in Hebden Bridge hit-and-run
- 09:20 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd land Valdes, Khedira to Arsenal, Balotelli...
- 08:44 Manchester United transfer gossip: Valdes rejects deal, Strootman...