Police seize drugs worth £1.5m after Northamptonshire raid
Officers seized heroin and cannabis worth an estimated £1.5 million following a drugs raid in Northamptonshire, police have revealed. Police swooped on an address in Harcourt Street, Raunds, last Tuesday evening, where they discovered the loft had nearly 200 cannabis plants growing inside.
During the subsequent search police found boxes of packaged herbal cannabis, along with a “significant” amount of heroin.
Two people, a 30-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Raunds, were arrested at the address and have been charged for offences related to the possession of controlled substances with intent to supply.
Sector Commander Inspector Vaughan Clarke said: “This is one of... read more
Most read news
- 11:48 Ever felt like you're kicking every ball as a Liverpool fan in the...
- 11:43 Why Chelsea should play reserves against Liverpool at Anfield
- 11:43 Nokia says India plant unlikely to be part of Microsoft deal
- 11:39 Lupita Nyong'o and Scarlett Johansson 'in talks' to star in new...
- 11:39 Swineshead street third slowest in UK for broadband speeds, study...
- 11:38 Battle of Britain war hero Ronald Berry's medals sold at auction
- 11:29 In pictures: Our picture editor selects the best images from around...
- 10:12 David Moyes' Manchester United career summed up in nine gifs
- 09:53 Man Utd move for Shaw and Kroos as 11 PLAYERS face Old Trafford exit
- 09:17 United move for Shaw and Kroos as 11 PLAYERS face Old Trafford exit