Police seize drugs worth £1.5m after Northamptonshire raid
Officers seized heroin and cannabis worth an estimated £1.5 million following a drugs raid in Northamptonshire, police have revealed. Police swooped on an address in Harcourt Street, Raunds, last Tuesday evening, where they discovered the loft had nearly 200 cannabis plants growing inside.
During the subsequent search police found boxes of packaged herbal cannabis, along with a “significant” amount of heroin.
Two people, a 30-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Raunds, were arrested at the address and have been charged for offences related to the possession of controlled substances with intent to supply.
Sector Commander Inspector Vaughan Clarke said: “This is one of... read more
Most read news
- 17:41 Sign up to MIDLANDS LIVE: A FREE workshop to give you the digital edge
- 17:40 Josie Russell and boyfriend win award for rescuing cat from a quarry
- 17:35 Howzat! Cricket fan forced to dive 12ft to CATCH his baby after his...
- 17:32 Hodgson: Whoever I take to Brazil with England should view this as...
- 17:31 Ex-Arsenal star would welcome Man United switch while prospective...
- 17:28 Mars is NOT for sale! Name-a-crater scheme is against 'equal access...
- 17:27 Men in most deprived areas of England more than twice as likely to...
- 15:43 West Ham fans chant about Rio Ferdinand voted funniest of last decade
- 13:42 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A16 at Crowland
- 13:06 Lukas Podolski and Tomas Rosicky row on pitch after Arsenal exit...