Police seize drugs worth £1.5m after Northamptonshire raid
Officers seized heroin and cannabis worth an estimated £1.5 million following a drugs raid in Northamptonshire, police have revealed. Police swooped on an address in Harcourt Street, Raunds, last Tuesday evening, where they discovered the loft had nearly 200 cannabis plants growing inside.
During the subsequent search police found boxes of packaged herbal cannabis, along with a “significant” amount of heroin.
Two people, a 30-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Raunds, were arrested at the address and have been charged for offences related to the possession of controlled substances with intent to supply.
Sector Commander Inspector Vaughan Clarke said: “This is one of... read more
Most read news
- 04:27 Moderate quake hits El Salvador, no injuries reported
- 04:27 Green light for president-elect Widodo boosts Indonesian markets
- 04:16 MasterChef and My Kitchen Rules hosts 'not qualified to give...
- 04:09 At least 27 dead in bus crash in Egypt's Sinai
- 04:05 Middle Lane Hogging Rife Despite Fine Threat
- 04:00 London priciest European city for culture, says survey
- 03:52 Referendum campaign in final stage
- 03:47 GCSE results day at Hipperholme and Lightlcliffe High School
- 03:38 Indira Gandhi assassination: Controversial film blocked
- 03:24 EIF reviews