Police seize drugs worth £1.5m after Northamptonshire raid
Officers seized heroin and cannabis worth an estimated £1.5 million following a drugs raid in Northamptonshire, police have revealed. Police swooped on an address in Harcourt Street, Raunds, last Tuesday evening, where they discovered the loft had nearly 200 cannabis plants growing inside.
During the subsequent search police found boxes of packaged herbal cannabis, along with a “significant” amount of heroin.
Two people, a 30-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Raunds, were arrested at the address and have been charged for offences related to the possession of controlled substances with intent to supply.
Sector Commander Inspector Vaughan Clarke said: “This is one of... read more
- 11:23 Saudi Arabia accuses Putin of hypocrisy over letter urging peace...
- 11:21 Do NOT click on this if knuckles cracking creeps you out
- 11:21 Boyfriend livens up shopping trip by turning it into one giant game...
- 11:21 End of the road for runaway llamas as their farm is closed
- 11:18 B&Q-owner Kingfisher abandons planned takeover of French DIY chain...
- 11:10 Twenty thousand tickets already sold for Wasps RFC's big clash with...
- 11:10 Husband and wife's top honour at One Act Play Festival
- 10:53 Manchester United "are ready to rekindle their interest in Atletico...
- 10:43 Arsenal handed £30m Paulo Dybala BOOST
- 10:36 Ancient beer kegs unearthed in Israel: 5,000-year-old Egyptian...