Police seize drugs worth £1.5m after Northamptonshire raid
Officers seized heroin and cannabis worth an estimated £1.5 million following a drugs raid in Northamptonshire, police have revealed. Police swooped on an address in Harcourt Street, Raunds, last Tuesday evening, where they discovered the loft had nearly 200 cannabis plants growing inside.
During the subsequent search police found boxes of packaged herbal cannabis, along with a “significant” amount of heroin.
Two people, a 30-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Raunds, were arrested at the address and have been charged for offences related to the possession of controlled substances with intent to supply.
Sector Commander Inspector Vaughan Clarke said: “This is one of... read more
Most read news
- 09:04 David Cameron dealt conference blow as millionaire ex-Tory donor...
- 09:04 Rejecting Stoke City’s offer for Cattermole is Sunderland boss’...
- 09:01 Book documents World’s most remote war graves
- 08:58 Former Leeds Majestyk nightclub blaze drama LATEST
- 08:55 Joan McAlpine: Establishment cannot wish away size of Yes vote.. or...
- 08:55 Author’s book helps dementia charity
- 08:51 Traffic delays in Leeds because of #Majestyk nightclub fire
- 08:49 Williamson: Newcastle Utd players should take blame for plight -...
- 08:49 Savannah sharp after Olympic ’revenge’
- 08:49 Why West Ham have a spring in their step as autumn draws in