Police seize drugs worth £1.5m after Northamptonshire raid
Officers seized heroin and cannabis worth an estimated £1.5 million following a drugs raid in Northamptonshire, police have revealed. Police swooped on an address in Harcourt Street, Raunds, last Tuesday evening, where they discovered the loft had nearly 200 cannabis plants growing inside.
During the subsequent search police found boxes of packaged herbal cannabis, along with a “significant” amount of heroin.
Two people, a 30-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Raunds, were arrested at the address and have been charged for offences related to the possession of controlled substances with intent to supply.
Sector Commander Inspector Vaughan Clarke said: “This is one of... read more
Most read news
- 04:25 Jennison Myrie-Williams still believes he made right choice to swap...
- 04:23 Designer Oscar de la Renta dies aged 82
- 04:17 Lucky students could win £10,000 prize by cracking Leeds shopping...
- 04:17 Pumpkin festival proves fruitful for thousands on full opening weekend
- 04:17 Send us a Spooky Selfie to claim a top Halloween prize
- 04:12 China to pitch high-speed trains to California
- 04:01 Winds of up to 55mph expected to hit rush-hour traffic this morning
- 03:51 Charity warning over eczema
- 03:51 Campaign call after healthy diet survey
- 03:34 China growth data beats forecasts amid slowdown concerns