Police seize drugs worth £1.5m after Northamptonshire raid
Officers seized heroin and cannabis worth an estimated £1.5 million following a drugs raid in Northamptonshire, police have revealed. Police swooped on an address in Harcourt Street, Raunds, last Tuesday evening, where they discovered the loft had nearly 200 cannabis plants growing inside.
During the subsequent search police found boxes of packaged herbal cannabis, along with a “significant” amount of heroin.
Two people, a 30-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Raunds, were arrested at the address and have been charged for offences related to the possession of controlled substances with intent to supply.
Sector Commander Inspector Vaughan Clarke said: “This is one of... read more
Most read news
- 08:38 George photos taken on Kate stroll
- 08:38 Top stars heading for Sheffield film and comic con
- 08:34 Hull court listings: Find out who has been sentenced (April 21, 2014)
- 08:32 SpaceX launches station cargo flight
- 08:32 Teachers 'devastated' by online insults
- 08:30 Leeds chemical store blaze: Smoke blankets city after huge fire...
- 08:29 The world's biggest bunny is unveiled (and he gets through 4,000...
- 08:22 Nepal Sherpas demand compensation for families of avalanche victims
- 08:22 Saudi Arabia sentences five to death for 2003 attacks - SPA
- 08:16 Alexandra Kerswell drunk drive to avoid parking ticket in Louth