Police seize drugs worth £1.5m after Northamptonshire raid
Officers seized heroin and cannabis worth an estimated £1.5 million following a drugs raid in Northamptonshire, police have revealed. Police swooped on an address in Harcourt Street, Raunds, last Tuesday evening, where they discovered the loft had nearly 200 cannabis plants growing inside.
During the subsequent search police found boxes of packaged herbal cannabis, along with a “significant” amount of heroin.
Two people, a 30-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman, both from Raunds, were arrested at the address and have been charged for offences related to the possession of controlled substances with intent to supply.
Sector Commander Inspector Vaughan Clarke said: “This is one of... read more
Most read news
- 05:47 The curse of the Halloween baby: women avoid giving birth on 'evil...
- 05:39 Special Report - Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money...
- 05:37 Asset sale not on the cards for Indonesia's indebted Bakrie Group -...
- 05:35 WATCH: Danger driver tows wheelchair prankster around Tesco car park
- 05:25 Worcester legal firm celebrates its growth
- 05:19 U.S. Congress to revisit Islamic State war debate after election
- 05:16 Aung San Suu Kyi meets with Burma's president in milestone talks
- 05:15 Cop-Killer Suspect Held After 48-Day Manhunt
- 05:11 Will North Korea ever use its nuclear weapons?
- 05:04 Courageous MPs 'could be stifled' by voter recall