Popular Kieran to be remembered through football match at academy
A FOOTBALL match will be held next month in memory of popular teenager Kieran Jones who died suddenly.
The Kieran Jones Memorial Football Match will be held on March 14 at the de Ferrers Academy, where he had been a sixth form student.
A supporter of Arsenal Football Club, Kieran died after being rushed to hospital with breathing difficulties on the morning of Monday, January 27.
Since his death classmates have rallied together to raise money in memory of the 17-year-old from Burton.
A Facebook page created for the match, said: "In memory of such an amazing boy's life, a football match will be hosted at The de Ferrers Academy fields on Trent campus for Kieran's family, friends and... read more
Most read news
- 23:39 FA ‘blazers’ ordered to undergo diversity and equality training
- 23:39 Rondos on the training ground at Burton start Barcelona’s new era
- 23:39 Goodwood Festival 2014: Es Que Love’s the winner once again – at...
- 23:39 WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy...
- 23:39 Microsoft gives employees sneak peek at new 'selfie' phone
- 23:38 Five a day will do, larger study of fruit and veg intake suggests
- 23:17 Amazing images show car after it crashes through barriers and lands...
- 23:12 Utopia recap: series two, episode four
- 23:04 Liverpool switch targets as Man United to sell £27.5m flop
- 19:16 TRANSFER NEWS: Cavani's Man Utd talks, Saints rebuff Spurs,...