Popular Kieran to be remembered through football match at academy
A FOOTBALL match will be held next month in memory of popular teenager Kieran Jones who died suddenly.
The Kieran Jones Memorial Football Match will be held on March 14 at the de Ferrers Academy, where he had been a sixth form student.
A supporter of Arsenal Football Club, Kieran died after being rushed to hospital with breathing difficulties on the morning of Monday, January 27.
Since his death classmates have rallied together to raise money in memory of the 17-year-old from Burton.
A Facebook page created for the match, said: "In memory of such an amazing boy's life, a football match will be hosted at The de Ferrers Academy fields on Trent campus for Kieran's family, friends and... read more
Most read news
- 19:18 gap personnel chooses Hanley for regional headquarters
- 19:17 Atherstone Town boss Green will focus on a league challenge
- 19:17 Lindsey is loving new adventure with League One side Swindon Town
- 19:14 Sheffield charity walk gains Bishop’s support
- 19:08 Tinsley hairdresser celebrates 25th anniversary with charity event
- 19:06 Daryl Clark inspired by Castleford's Challenge Cup history even as...
- 19:00 Baby wombat wins the internet (and our hearts)
- 18:58 Ferguson families speak out: ‘I got stopped. I got pulled over......
- 18:55 BREAKING NEWS: 21-year-old from Great Oxendon dies after car crash...
- 18:21 Who are Manchester United's worst ever signings? Nani, Veron, Bebe...