Popular Kieran to be remembered through football match at academy
A FOOTBALL match will be held next month in memory of popular teenager Kieran Jones who died suddenly.
The Kieran Jones Memorial Football Match will be held on March 14 at the de Ferrers Academy, where he had been a sixth form student.
A supporter of Arsenal Football Club, Kieran died after being rushed to hospital with breathing difficulties on the morning of Monday, January 27.
Since his death classmates have rallied together to raise money in memory of the 17-year-old from Burton.
A Facebook page created for the match, said: "In memory of such an amazing boy's life, a football match will be hosted at The de Ferrers Academy fields on Trent campus for Kieran's family, friends and... read more
- 03:19 Celtic's Liam Henderson joins Rosenborg on loan
- 03:03 City soccer stars put the boot in on racism
- 02:57 Paulo Dybala "wants £29m Arsenal transfer despite Juventus bid'
- 02:57 Mats Hummels admits he wants £36m Manchester United transfer
- 02:48 DONE DEAL: Liverpool forward signs new contract
- 02:14 'It felt kind of exciting... in a dirty way!' Jamie Dornan...
- 02:14 SPOILER ALERT: Lydia Bright admits she has fresh feelings for...
- 02:14 'I'm running from the living...and the dead': Tom Hardy takes...
- 02:05 Simon Murray departs as more turmoil hits oil explorer Gulf...
- 02:00 Songbird's 'impossible' 1,700-mile flight: Tracking of blackpoll...