Popular Kieran to be remembered through football match at academy
A FOOTBALL match will be held next month in memory of popular teenager Kieran Jones who died suddenly.
The Kieran Jones Memorial Football Match will be held on March 14 at the de Ferrers Academy, where he had been a sixth form student.
A supporter of Arsenal Football Club, Kieran died after being rushed to hospital with breathing difficulties on the morning of Monday, January 27.
Since his death classmates have rallied together to raise money in memory of the 17-year-old from Burton.
A Facebook page created for the match, said: "In memory of such an amazing boy's life, a football match will be hosted at The de Ferrers Academy fields on Trent campus for Kieran's family, friends and... read more
Most read news
- 14:09 Beware wounded Wolves, warns Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka
- 14:09 Russia targets 200 McDonald's restaurants as quarterly profits tumble
- 14:06 South Shields police alert over missing guns
- 13:49 A bit of a bum note! Maitland Ward shows off chest and derriere in...
- 13:44 West Ham striker Diafra Sakho hits out after Senegal snub
- 13:39 Liverpool News: Gerrard told to RETIRE, Reds want Porto wonderkid,...
- 13:32 Manchester United fans start campaign for Louis van Gaal to be SACKED
- 12:48 Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard is FINISHED and should have...
- 12:33 Arsenal are sitting on £42million transfer kitty - not £20m or...
- 12:09 Arsenal have £42m to spend in January, claim 'frustrated'...