Popular Kieran to be remembered through football match at academy
A FOOTBALL match will be held next month in memory of popular teenager Kieran Jones who died suddenly.
The Kieran Jones Memorial Football Match will be held on March 14 at the de Ferrers Academy, where he had been a sixth form student.
A supporter of Arsenal Football Club, Kieran died after being rushed to hospital with breathing difficulties on the morning of Monday, January 27.
Since his death classmates have rallied together to raise money in memory of the 17-year-old from Burton.
A Facebook page created for the match, said: "In memory of such an amazing boy's life, a football match will be hosted at The de Ferrers Academy fields on Trent campus for Kieran's family, friends and... read more
Most read news
- 21:19 Sam Allardyce: My advice to West Ham defenders on how to stop...
- 21:05 Jamie Moore vows to finish Great North Run next year for children's...
- 20:55 Google boss breaks Felix Baumgartner's parachute record in secret...
- 20:35 TEAM NEWS: Marney could return for Burnley, Everton set to bring...
- 20:10 Six-year-old boy dies after being struck by vehicle at West Derby
- 20:08 Teenager 'stabbed on bus in broad daylight'
- 19:42 TRANSFER NEWS: Balotelli Liverpool exit, Valdes in at Man Utd,...
- 18:36 Child in Alder Hey after being hit by van
- 18:35 Louis van Gaal REVEALS why Liverpool target Victor Valdes is at...
- 18:11 Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs set to battle in January for...