Popular Kieran to be remembered through football match at academy
A FOOTBALL match will be held next month in memory of popular teenager Kieran Jones who died suddenly.
The Kieran Jones Memorial Football Match will be held on March 14 at the de Ferrers Academy, where he had been a sixth form student.
A supporter of Arsenal Football Club, Kieran died after being rushed to hospital with breathing difficulties on the morning of Monday, January 27.
Since his death classmates have rallied together to raise money in memory of the 17-year-old from Burton.
A Facebook page created for the match, said: "In memory of such an amazing boy's life, a football match will be hosted at The de Ferrers Academy fields on Trent campus for Kieran's family, friends and... read more
- 13:56 Manchester United should ditch Radamel Falcao for Alexandre...
- 13:55 Man Utd and Man City to battle over Arturo Vidal for JUST £14m this...
- 13:42 Britain's RBS paid three staff more than $5.5 million last year
- 13:40 MAC's Cinderella makeup range is princess perfect
- 13:39 Prison mob kills rape suspect
- 13:11 What did 19th century beer taste of? Green leaves, apples and...
- 12:12 Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers working wonders at Anfield despite...
- 12:10 Stop buying players! Arsene Wenger offers advice to Man Utd boss...
- 11:52 Spanish press hit out at Man United flop Angel Di Maria
- 10:46 CIA scandal that got lost amid our obsession with Monica Lewinsky:...