Popular Kieran to be remembered through football match at academy
A FOOTBALL match will be held next month in memory of popular teenager Kieran Jones who died suddenly.
The Kieran Jones Memorial Football Match will be held on March 14 at the de Ferrers Academy, where he had been a sixth form student.
A supporter of Arsenal Football Club, Kieran died after being rushed to hospital with breathing difficulties on the morning of Monday, January 27.
Since his death classmates have rallied together to raise money in memory of the 17-year-old from Burton.
A Facebook page created for the match, said: "In memory of such an amazing boy's life, a football match will be hosted at The de Ferrers Academy fields on Trent campus for Kieran's family, friends and... read more
Most read news
- 08:10 Severe weather alert
- 08:09 Severe weather alert
- 08:08 Januzaj shines as Manchester United beat Sunderland
- 08:08 Player ratings and your #TerraceTweets after the goalless draw...
- 08:08 RICHARD MENNEAR’S ANALYSIS: Stout defence but Pools need goals
- 08:08 Spain's Santander buys Canada's Carfinco for $269 million
- 08:07 Asos loses £25m to £30m in sales after fire
- 08:07 Contactless payments arrive on the Underground network
- 08:06 BIBAs will leave a lasting legacy
- 08:06 Skills training for companies