Popular Kieran to be remembered through football match at academy
A FOOTBALL match will be held next month in memory of popular teenager Kieran Jones who died suddenly.
The Kieran Jones Memorial Football Match will be held on March 14 at the de Ferrers Academy, where he had been a sixth form student.
A supporter of Arsenal Football Club, Kieran died after being rushed to hospital with breathing difficulties on the morning of Monday, January 27.
Since his death classmates have rallied together to raise money in memory of the 17-year-old from Burton.
A Facebook page created for the match, said: "In memory of such an amazing boy's life, a football match will be hosted at The de Ferrers Academy fields on Trent campus for Kieran's family, friends and... read more
Most read news
- 00:32 Is the square jaw a turnoff? Researchers find women who live in the...
- 00:28 Cosy and elegant: The best accessories for autumn
- 00:28 Bathing beauty: Create a spa-like sanctuary at home
- 00:28 Mr Turner, film review: A great artist, beautifully framed by...
- 00:25 Female athletes stealing from men? I call it equal pay
- 00:22 Dementia breakthrough: Cancer drug that fights Alzheimer's disease
- 00:20 The best scented candles: These fancy aromas will make a chilly...
- 00:14 Theresa May needs ‘non establishment’ chair for child abuse inquiry
- 00:12 Sudoku 2,957 hard
- 22:32 Murder investigation launched after man shot dead in Openshaw