Popular Kieran to be remembered through football match at academy
A FOOTBALL match will be held next month in memory of popular teenager Kieran Jones who died suddenly.
The Kieran Jones Memorial Football Match will be held on March 14 at the de Ferrers Academy, where he had been a sixth form student.
A supporter of Arsenal Football Club, Kieran died after being rushed to hospital with breathing difficulties on the morning of Monday, January 27.
Since his death classmates have rallied together to raise money in memory of the 17-year-old from Burton.
A Facebook page created for the match, said: "In memory of such an amazing boy's life, a football match will be hosted at The de Ferrers Academy fields on Trent campus for Kieran's family, friends and... read more
- 21:09 Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea receive STUNNING Edinson...
- 21:02 Scotland’s best backcountry skiers take on Lawers of Gravity
- 20:21 Jose Mourinho's Chelsea to train at St George's Park ahead of...
- 19:30 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd's chase of Hummels REVEALED, Hazard's...
- 17:55 Borussia Dortmund: The TRUTH behind Man Utd's bid for Arsenal...
- 17:43 Hillsborough Independent Panel member Katy Jones dies
- 17:22 Chelsea transfer target Nathan drops huge hint he's signed for...
- 17:19 Fossil fuel industry must change profoundly, says former Shell boss
- 17:13 Arsenal "set to tie Hector Bellerin down to long-term contract to...
- 16:11 Manchester United striker: I don't know if I'll be at Old Trafford...