Popular Kieran to be remembered through football match at academy
A FOOTBALL match will be held next month in memory of popular teenager Kieran Jones who died suddenly.
The Kieran Jones Memorial Football Match will be held on March 14 at the de Ferrers Academy, where he had been a sixth form student.
A supporter of Arsenal Football Club, Kieran died after being rushed to hospital with breathing difficulties on the morning of Monday, January 27.
Since his death classmates have rallied together to raise money in memory of the 17-year-old from Burton.
A Facebook page created for the match, said: "In memory of such an amazing boy's life, a football match will be hosted at The de Ferrers Academy fields on Trent campus for Kieran's family, friends and... read more
Most read news
- 10:05 The politics of science in social media
- 10:01 Numbers are right for a holiday home
- 10:01 Burglary in Barrowby and floodlight damaged in Great Gonerby
- 09:58 Your views on school summer holidays
- 09:58 Gus Poyet praise for young Sunderland prospects ahead of Carlisle...
- 09:55 Live: Hillsborough Inquests - Tuesday July 22 2014
- 09:55 Hampton Court bouquets for two south Lincolnshire growers
- 09:55 Bright future for Spalding flower grower
- 09:53 Simpsons World website to let you watch all 522 episodes of cartoon...
- 09:46 Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: Confusion and disorganisation...