Popular Kieran to be remembered through football match at academy
A FOOTBALL match will be held next month in memory of popular teenager Kieran Jones who died suddenly.
The Kieran Jones Memorial Football Match will be held on March 14 at the de Ferrers Academy, where he had been a sixth form student.
A supporter of Arsenal Football Club, Kieran died after being rushed to hospital with breathing difficulties on the morning of Monday, January 27.
Since his death classmates have rallied together to raise money in memory of the 17-year-old from Burton.
A Facebook page created for the match, said: "In memory of such an amazing boy's life, a football match will be hosted at The de Ferrers Academy fields on Trent campus for Kieran's family, friends and... read more
Most read news
- 10:46 VIDEO: Drone camera video gives a bird’s eye view of former...
- 10:45 Arsenal injury list: Jack Wilshere could be out for FOUR MONTHS if...
- 10:44 Brave little girl to swtich on Louth Christmas lights after open...
- 10:44 John Gielgud-scripted gay porn movie Trouser Bar to enter production
- 10:44 Prince quits the internet
- 10:44 Kurt Cobain's daughter to produce documentary on late Nirvana frontman
- 10:40 Borussia Dortmund stars arrive for Arsenal Champions League clash...
- 10:40 Pep Guardiola: 'If we lose and we play s***, then we play s***! But...
- 10:21 'Murderer at large' miles from I'm A Celebrity 2014 camp
- 09:57 Man City ramp up efforts to land Chelsea and Man Utd target Layvin...