Popular Kieran to be remembered through football match at academy
A FOOTBALL match will be held next month in memory of popular teenager Kieran Jones who died suddenly.
The Kieran Jones Memorial Football Match will be held on March 14 at the de Ferrers Academy, where he had been a sixth form student.
A supporter of Arsenal Football Club, Kieran died after being rushed to hospital with breathing difficulties on the morning of Monday, January 27.
Since his death classmates have rallied together to raise money in memory of the 17-year-old from Burton.
A Facebook page created for the match, said: "In memory of such an amazing boy's life, a football match will be hosted at The de Ferrers Academy fields on Trent campus for Kieran's family, friends and... read more
- 12:36 Night of fun and games planned for Turf Moor
- 12:33 The weekend cook: Thomasina Miers makes the most of early summer veg
- 12:31 Lincoln shop Salamander uses 20th anniversary to help victims of...
- 12:29 Bastian Schweinsteiger cleared to make Manchester United transfer...
- 12:03 Robin van Persie "holds shock meeting with agent as Manchester...
- 11:58 NOSTALGIA: Opening of changing rooms?
- 11:35 Liverpool "closing in on Eduardo Salvio transfer as agents fly in...
- 11:33 UPDATE: EDL members gather at Halifax pub prior to march
- 11:01 Birmingham star part of Top Gear fun as presenters reunited at...
- 10:38 Chelsea "ready to swap Oscar to seal stunning Paul Pogba transfer'