Putin's approval falls to year's low - Russian poll
A poll conducted on December 10-11 and released Friday showed 51 percent of Russians approved of how he has done his job, down from 61 percent in a November 28-29 survey and 68 percent in January, state pollster VTsIOM said.
The poll highlighted discontent and fatigue with the 59-year-old leader as he prepares for a presidential election in March which he is widely expected to win, but not as easily as seemed likely a month ago and perhaps not in the first round.
Putin's spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, suggested the decline was the result of "emotional overload" among Russians following the election and said his approval rating would swiftly recover.
"On the whole Vladimir... read more
Most read news
- 00:35 Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 00:35 New York regulators fine Deloitte $10m over StanChart
- 00:35 Assange expects to stay in embassy
- 00:35 Picking up some tips for Bradley? Cooper's model girlfriend Suki...
- 00:35 What jetlag? Rita Ora dazzles in a daring mesh PVC dress as she...
- 00:35 'I have never had any f**king friends in my entire life': Dexter...
- 00:35 EXCLUSIVE: Never-seen-before risquÃ© Penthouse modelling shots of...
- 00:35 'Can't believe it! So crazy': New Mother Kim Kardashian goes gaga...
- 00:34 Stars line up for Lawrence concert
- 00:33 Will.i.am's Voice record label rage