Putin's approval falls to year's low - Russian poll
A poll conducted on December 10-11 and released Friday showed 51 percent of Russians approved of how he has done his job, down from 61 percent in a November 28-29 survey and 68 percent in January, state pollster VTsIOM said.
The poll highlighted discontent and fatigue with the 59-year-old leader as he prepares for a presidential election in March which he is widely expected to win, but not as easily as seemed likely a month ago and perhaps not in the first round.
Putin's spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, suggested the decline was the result of "emotional overload" among Russians following the election and said his approval rating would swiftly recover.
"On the whole Vladimir... read more
Most read news
- 21:14 Reforms to teachers’ pay ‘will mean bigger class sizes’
- 21:14 JP Morgan's Jamie Dimon beats off shareholder revolt
- 20:38 First, David Cameron should bring his own tax havens to book
- 20:20 David Beckham’s son Brooklyn training with Queens Park Rangers
- 20:11 Rat up a drainpipe! West Ham sign Razvan Rat from Shakhtar Donetsk...
- 19:42 Practice may NOT make perfect: Innate talent is what's required for...
- 16:49 'Manchester United broke my heart': Jurgen Klopp slams how Shinji...
- 16:45 Arsenal close to Sanogo switch, but what about Jovetic and Higuain?
- 16:42 Tony Pulis leaves Stoke City after seven years in charge at the...
- 15:44 Arsenal considering options as Fiorentina continue to hold-out on...