Rebekah Brooks was bugged, says MP
Former News of the World editor Rebekah Brooks was under surveillance at the height of the phone hacking scandal, it has been claimed.
Labour MP Tom Watson made the allegation in a new book on the crisis that engulfed Rupert Murdoch's empire.
It quoted one "well-placed News Corp source" as saying that cleaners were warned last June to avoid disturbing "listening devices" hidden in Mrs Brooks's office.
Security guards were also apparently instructed to record the times she entered and left the building.
Most read news
- 13:30 Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Paddling pool should not be a priority’
- 13:28 Budding young entrepreneurs face dragons
- 13:28 Be part of the King’s Park anniversary
- 13:28 Creswell woman on benefits charges
- 13:28 Police give Creswell car theft warning
- 13:27 Be part of the King’s Park anniversary
- 13:27 Afghan law to protect women's rights blocked by opponents
- 13:26 Marsden murder accused has history of carrying and using knives
- 13:25 Sign up and give blood in Kiveton next week
- 13:22 Five-year-old British girl who died in a pool at Coral Sea...