Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Chastain among the front-runners to play Hillary Clinton in Rodham
Scarlett Johansson and Reese Witherspoon are among actresses being considered to portray the former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Rodham - about the younger years of the former First Lady and senator - is due out some time around the 2016 presidential election, in which Clinton might be a canditate. It will focus on 1974, when she was a Washington lawyer.
Among those in the running to play the 26-year-old Clinton are Amanda Seyfried, who starred in Les Misérables, Zero Dark Thirty's Jessica Chastain, Reese Witherspoon, and Scarlett Johansson, most recently seen playing Janet Leigh in Hitchcock.
Rodham director James Ponstoldt said: “They’re all wonderful actresses. We’re very... read more
Most read news
- 02:51 Prefabs in peril: Britain's largest remaining estate of the postwar...
- 02:41 Ukraine crisis: The priority in the Crimea remains de-escalation
- 02:41 Russia's banker thieves remain above the law
- 02:41 Ukraine crisis: Kiev should bridge East and West
- 02:34 And so to bed for dream vegetables
- 02:34 Flora for fauna
- 02:34 The ride of their lives
- 02:31 Five-minute guide to stamp duty costs for first-time buyers
- 02:26 Share wather: Regenersis backers rewarded
- 01:58 Wenger praises £42m man Ozil for 'dirty work' in FA Cup win over...