Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Chastain among the front-runners to play Hillary Clinton in Rodham
Scarlett Johansson and Reese Witherspoon are among actresses being considered to portray the former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Rodham - about the younger years of the former First Lady and senator - is due out some time around the 2016 presidential election, in which Clinton might be a canditate. It will focus on 1974, when she was a Washington lawyer.
Among those in the running to play the 26-year-old Clinton are Amanda Seyfried, who starred in Les Misérables, Zero Dark Thirty's Jessica Chastain, Reese Witherspoon, and Scarlett Johansson, most recently seen playing Janet Leigh in Hitchcock.
Rodham director James Ponstoldt said: “They’re all wonderful actresses. We’re very... read more
Most read news
- 10:22 The Magic Numbers, The Islington, review: Still the perfect...
- 10:21 PAPER ROUND UP: LVG's plans dented, Messi's Arsenal revelation,...
- 10:19 2m Britons to join summer getaway
- 10:18 Isis 'sets fire to 1,800-year-old church' as Christians families...
- 10:14 Indonesian president-elect Jokowi calls for unity after bitter...
- 10:14 Young Islamic State robs al Qaeda of militant prestige
- 10:06 Doncaster teacher’s life ban for sex with pupil, 17
- 10:06 Leamington designer’s train ticket dress is part of polio campaign
- 10:00 Bank of England still wary over raising rates
- 09:14 Louis van Gaal slams Manchester United tour of United States,...