Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Chastain among the front-runners to play Hillary Clinton in Rodham
Scarlett Johansson and Reese Witherspoon are among actresses being considered to portray the former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Rodham - about the younger years of the former First Lady and senator - is due out some time around the 2016 presidential election, in which Clinton might be a canditate. It will focus on 1974, when she was a Washington lawyer.
Among those in the running to play the 26-year-old Clinton are Amanda Seyfried, who starred in Les Misérables, Zero Dark Thirty's Jessica Chastain, Reese Witherspoon, and Scarlett Johansson, most recently seen playing Janet Leigh in Hitchcock.
Rodham director James Ponstoldt said: “They’re all wonderful actresses. We’re very... read more
Most read news
- 01:03 England’s World Cup off to flying start with 10-try win
- 01:03 Goodwood: Muthmir primed to give Haggas another Stewards’ Cup success
- 00:52 Russian sanctions and Euro economy hit Britain's growth
- 00:52 An independent Scotland will impact RBS 'significantly'
- 00:52 Direct Line ready to sell up on continent
- 00:51 Mark Hix recipe: Iced blueberries with hot white chocolate sauce
- 00:51 Anthony Rose: Prosecco sales are booming but is it more popular...
- 00:51 Mark Hix recipe: Omelette soufflé with blueberries
- 00:51 Mark Hix recipes: Pigeon and blueberry salad
- 00:38 Warwick Davis: The British actor on Ricky Gervais, how the Harry...