Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Chastain among the front-runners to play Hillary Clinton in Rodham
Scarlett Johansson and Reese Witherspoon are among actresses being considered to portray the former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Rodham - about the younger years of the former First Lady and senator - is due out some time around the 2016 presidential election, in which Clinton might be a canditate. It will focus on 1974, when she was a Washington lawyer.
Among those in the running to play the 26-year-old Clinton are Amanda Seyfried, who starred in Les Misérables, Zero Dark Thirty's Jessica Chastain, Reese Witherspoon, and Scarlett Johansson, most recently seen playing Janet Leigh in Hitchcock.
Rodham director James Ponstoldt said: “They’re all wonderful actresses. We’re very... read more
Most read news
- 05:15 YEP Leeds survey: Foodbanks a consideration as readers reveal debt...
- 05:15 Red faces at Leeds council after care home ‘closure’ gaffe
- 05:15 Jail for fireplace fraudster who fleeced online shoppers of...
- 05:09 Notorious Cop Killer Harry Roberts May Be Freed
- 05:09 Kazakhstan to offer caviar baths as luxury tourist attraction
- 05:09 Somalia gets first cash machine
- 04:57 China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on...
- 04:56 Five must-read books by Indigenous authors
- 04:46 Arts prioritised as Birmingham City Council weighs up major cuts
- 04:39 Online financing, rising costs squeeze profits at China's midsize...