Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Chastain among the front-runners to play Hillary Clinton in Rodham
Scarlett Johansson and Reese Witherspoon are among actresses being considered to portray the former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Rodham - about the younger years of the former First Lady and senator - is due out some time around the 2016 presidential election, in which Clinton might be a canditate. It will focus on 1974, when she was a Washington lawyer.
Among those in the running to play the 26-year-old Clinton are Amanda Seyfried, who starred in Les Misérables, Zero Dark Thirty's Jessica Chastain, Reese Witherspoon, and Scarlett Johansson, most recently seen playing Janet Leigh in Hitchcock.
Rodham director James Ponstoldt said: “They’re all wonderful actresses. We’re very... read more
Most read news
- 15:18 What's it like to grow old in YOUR country? Global index ranks the...
- 15:15 Which hero from history could save Britain?
- 15:15 Do mushrooms have any nutritional value?
- 15:05 Hayley Pointon murder inquiry: six men appear in court
- 14:56 A pickled egg in the UK, a glass of wine in Hungary and a train to...
- 14:53 The Brazilian church that welcomes gay believers into the fold
- 14:04 Be afraid Arsenal! Cesc Fabregas is in top form and gunning for you...
- 13:16 Man United preparing £51m DOUBLE raid on Juventus in January
- 12:15 Arsenal move to beat Chelsea and Man Utd to 'the next Rio Ferdinand'
- 11:39 Rio Ferdinand reveals ALL on Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal