Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Chastain among the front-runners to play Hillary Clinton in Rodham
Scarlett Johansson and Reese Witherspoon are among actresses being considered to portray the former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Rodham - about the younger years of the former First Lady and senator - is due out some time around the 2016 presidential election, in which Clinton might be a canditate. It will focus on 1974, when she was a Washington lawyer.
Among those in the running to play the 26-year-old Clinton are Amanda Seyfried, who starred in Les Misérables, Zero Dark Thirty's Jessica Chastain, Reese Witherspoon, and Scarlett Johansson, most recently seen playing Janet Leigh in Hitchcock.
Rodham director James Ponstoldt said: “They’re all wonderful actresses. We’re very... read more
Most read news
- 12:54 Aberdeen: Boy Found On Fire After 'Petrol Game'
- 12:50 Church to reopen after flooding
- 12:50 Peter Moores named England cricket coach for second time
- 12:48 Liverpool music fans turn out in force for Record Store Day 2014
- 12:48 Malaysian Open: Lee Westwood battling for victory after Alan...
- 12:40 Man seriously injured after car creash leads to attack in Bradford
- 12:38 New £50k play area opens
- 12:38 Harrogate couple to marry after cancer diagnosis
- 12:32 Tottenham v Fulham team news: Harry Kane starts again
- 12:24 COMMENT: Marco Reus is the PERFECT signing for Manchester United