Renewables targets ‘unachievable’ after Yes vote
AN INDEPENDENT Scotland would not be able to afford its ambitious targets on renewable energy if the UK government refused to continue to subsidise it, five leading academics have argued.
The team led by Dr David Toke, of the University of Birmingham, warn that support from Westminster would be “politically unachievable”, because it could only be paid for with a rise in consumer bills.
The report, published this week in Political Quarterly, says: “The Scottish Government has led the way... read more
- 08:59 This video perfectly demonstrates everything that's wrong with cats
- 08:57 The Headteacher: Raffle cooks up my worst nightmare
- 08:56 Cheerleading world mourns 'founder' Lawrence Herkimer
- 08:42 Burnistoun star Robert Florence spends night in Glasgow pub after...
- 08:23 Transfer News: Ramos to Man Utd on, Chelsea triple move, Arsenal exit
- 08:09 Leave London? Never – I’ll be staying, and fighting for it
- 07:21 Toto Nsiala praises Grimsby Town boss Paul Hurst for signing...
- 07:20 Leicester City: Three sensational transfers that nearly happened
- 07:11 DEAN WALLING: Signing winners like Matt Sparrow will help make the...
- 06:53 Family life: My older brother is my best friend, Dancing in the...