Sheffield kidnap plot was a ‘scam’, says accused
A MAN accused of helping to kidnap a 14-year-old boy before demanding a £40,000 ransom from his family has admitted to a jury the operation was a "scam'.
But he added that it was not planned and a ‘spur of the moment’ act.
Liban Mohammed, aged 20, of Balfour Drive, Darnall, was allegedly part of a four-strong gang which snatched the schoolboy from outside an off-licence in Darnall before forcing him into a car and driving him to Ringinglow.
Jurors at Sheffield Crown Court were told the abductors demanded a £40,000 ransom and even threatened to chop the youngster’s head off.... read more
- 11:02 This sleepy meerkat is all of us when we're hungover
- 10:59 Strong wind weather warning for East Yorkshire this weekend
- 10:58 Manchester United's James Wilson must make the most of his strange...
- 10:58 University team dresses up as Leicester's Jamie Vardy for night out
- 10:58 Turkish foreign ministry advises against all non-urgent travel to...
- 10:57 Why time is the most precious thing you can give this Christmas: No...
- 10:56 Tyson Fury says he will declare himself a fraud if he can't beat...
- 10:52 Pregnant woman hit and run: police appeal for witnesses
- 10:43 UK dividends are under the cosh and interest rates are set to stay...
- 10:41 The Jonathan Ross Show on ITV tonight with Luther star Idris Elba,...