Sheffield kidnap plot was a ‘scam’, says accused
A MAN accused of helping to kidnap a 14-year-old boy before demanding a £40,000 ransom from his family has admitted to a jury the operation was a "scam'.
But he added that it was not planned and a ‘spur of the moment’ act.
Liban Mohammed, aged 20, of Balfour Drive, Darnall, was allegedly part of a four-strong gang which snatched the schoolboy from outside an off-licence in Darnall before forcing him into a car and driving him to Ringinglow.
Jurors at Sheffield Crown Court were told the abductors demanded a £40,000 ransom and even threatened to chop the youngster’s head off.
Giving evidence, Mohammed said the kidnapping was staged, describing it as a ‘scam all the way... read more
Most read news
- 18:31 West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal: match preview
- 18:02 Amazon takes broom to UK retail sector on Black Friday
- 18:01 Unusual plane passenger proves pigs can fly (as long as they're not...
- 18:01 'I want my Porsche back!' Clarkson attempts to bring stranded...
- 18:01 Woman punched in the face in random attack chases down thug to take...
- 18:01 Shakespeare in love with man? Row breaks out over legendary poet's...
- 17:59 Craig Whyte released on bail after court appearance for alleged...
- 17:21 Beer is built not to spill, as bubbles stop drink from sloshing out...
- 16:33 BLACK FRIDAY WEEKEND: See what Asda Derby deals on offer on Saturday
- 16:05 Victor Valdes stops training with Manchester United, won't sign for...