Sheffield kidnap plot was a ‘scam’, says accused
A MAN accused of helping to kidnap a 14-year-old boy before demanding a £40,000 ransom from his family has admitted to a jury the operation was a "scam'.
But he added that it was not planned and a ‘spur of the moment’ act.
Liban Mohammed, aged 20, of Balfour Drive, Darnall, was allegedly part of a four-strong gang which snatched the schoolboy from outside an off-licence in Darnall before forcing him into a car and driving him to Ringinglow.
Jurors at Sheffield Crown Court were told the abductors demanded a £40,000 ransom and even threatened to chop the youngster’s head off.... read more
- 05:51 Drug-addicted mum stole £1.1k of goods from Asda in 9 days
- 05:50 Ben Carson claims Jewish people might have stopped Holocaust if...
- 05:47 Fears cashless welfare card could discriminate against Indigenous...
- 05:41 Transfer News: Mega Liverpool contract, Arsenal deal cock-up, Man...
- 05:40 Surf Snowdonia vow to come back 'bigger and better' after admitting...
- 05:39 Satire in the Time of War: Cartoons of Hal Eyre
- 05:39 From the archive, 9 October 1981: Interview with American tap...
- 05:38 Port Vale: Ryan McGivern ready to take Vale chance
- 05:37 Who is confirmed to be part of the Peaky Blinders series three cast?
- 05:33 Cheaper phone and internet possible after Telstra told to cut...