Sheffield kidnap plot was a ‘scam’, says accused
A MAN accused of helping to kidnap a 14-year-old boy before demanding a £40,000 ransom from his family has admitted to a jury the operation was a "scam'.
But he added that it was not planned and a ‘spur of the moment’ act.
Liban Mohammed, aged 20, of Balfour Drive, Darnall, was allegedly part of a four-strong gang which snatched the schoolboy from outside an off-licence in Darnall before forcing him into a car and driving him to Ringinglow.
Jurors at Sheffield Crown Court were told the abductors demanded a £40,000 ransom and even threatened to chop the youngster’s head off.
Giving evidence, Mohammed said the kidnapping was staged, describing it as a ‘scam all the way... read more
Most read news
- 22:08 Look: Rate the players after Coventry's 4-1 defeat to Oldham
- 22:06 Chelsea v Maribor: Player Ratings
- 22:03 Wolves’ Bakary Sako and Nouha Dicko knock wind out of Middlesbrough
- 22:01 Chelsea vs Maribor match report: Blues dominate at Stamford Bridge...
- 21:54 Get ready for your last chance to see an eclipse this year: North...
- 21:45 Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Didier Drogba scores for the first time since...
- 21:35 UEFA could face questions over CSKA fans at behind-closed-doors game
- 21:14 Loic Remy could be out of Chelsea's trip to Manchester United after...
- 21:02 Man fakes being in a coma for two years
- 20:45 Sir Alex Ferguson: Everyone was happy Arsene Wenger won the FA Cup,...