Sheffield kidnap plot was a ‘scam’, says accused
A MAN accused of helping to kidnap a 14-year-old boy before demanding a £40,000 ransom from his family has admitted to a jury the operation was a "scam'.
But he added that it was not planned and a ‘spur of the moment’ act.
Liban Mohammed, aged 20, of Balfour Drive, Darnall, was allegedly part of a four-strong gang which snatched the schoolboy from outside an off-licence in Darnall before forcing him into a car and driving him to Ringinglow.
Jurors at Sheffield Crown Court were told the abductors demanded a £40,000 ransom and even threatened to chop the youngster’s head off.
Giving evidence, Mohammed said the kidnapping was staged, describing it as a ‘scam all the way... read more
Most read news
- 06:52 Ryan Bailey 'big doubt' for dream Hull KR debut against Leeds Rhinos
- 06:50 Motorist seeks others involved in chaos on The Parkway in Rotherham
- 06:50 Rod Stewart can't wait to open his package in Beverly Hills and you...
- 06:42 The North East needs 'a million more people' says Sir John Hall
- 06:41 Tentercroft Street roadworks 'bringing community together'
- 06:41 MP in a spin over more turbines threat
- 06:40 Stoke City v QPR: talkSPORT's Tony Incenzo has faith in Harry...
- 06:32 ‘Lowest of the low’ thief stole from Sunderland charity shop
- 06:30 Memoirs of a young man with the most dangerous job reprinted
- 06:30 Dear Prince Charles and Prime Minister, please help the reds