Sheffield kidnap plot was a ‘scam’, says accused
A MAN accused of helping to kidnap a 14-year-old boy before demanding a £40,000 ransom from his family has admitted to a jury the operation was a "scam'.
But he added that it was not planned and a ‘spur of the moment’ act.
Liban Mohammed, aged 20, of Balfour Drive, Darnall, was allegedly part of a four-strong gang which snatched the schoolboy from outside an off-licence in Darnall before forcing him into a car and driving him to Ringinglow.
Jurors at Sheffield Crown Court were told the abductors demanded a £40,000 ransom and even threatened to chop the youngster’s head off.
Giving evidence, Mohammed said the kidnapping was staged, describing it as a ‘scam all the way... read more
- 05:04 NOSTALGIA: Album pages reveal this schoolgirl's treasures
- 04:58 HMRC waives late tax return fines
- 04:58 Nimrod axe 'causes Trident risk'
- 04:49 Raspberry pi 2
- 04:49 A city slicker's guide to rural Scotland
- 04:47 Police believed to be the target as Philippine mosque attack...
- 04:38 North Korea 'could DESTROY London and kill THOUSANDS with...
- 04:32 Amir Khan calls out Floyd Mayweather after beating Chris Algieri...
- 04:27 Hartlepool United boss Ronnie Moore hopes ex-Barnsley striker Rhys...
- 02:11 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd wish-list REVEALED, Chelsea double exit,...