Sheffield kidnap plot was a ‘scam’, says accused
A MAN accused of helping to kidnap a 14-year-old boy before demanding a £40,000 ransom from his family has admitted to a jury the operation was a "scam'.
But he added that it was not planned and a ‘spur of the moment’ act.
Liban Mohammed, aged 20, of Balfour Drive, Darnall, was allegedly part of a four-strong gang which snatched the schoolboy from outside an off-licence in Darnall before forcing him into a car and driving him to Ringinglow.
Jurors at Sheffield Crown Court were told... read more
- 10:37 Homing in on Pluto: Unprecedented photos of dwarf planet reveals...
- 10:37 Robot kills factory worker after picking him up and crushing him...
- 10:34 Desmond Elliott prize goes to Claire Fuller's 'shocking' debut
- 10:32 Why the Daily Mail is right to support the BBC over 'Islamic State'
- 10:30 Driving a wedge between small and big businesses is not helpful
- 10:29 Super cute alarm clock jumps for joy and runs away from you to wake...
- 10:24 WEATHER UPDATE: Threat of thunderstorms across South Yorkshire
- 10:14 Star Wars toy collection sell-off 'most unusual'
- 08:36 Transfer News: Man Utd £39m deal, Chelsea ace to join rival,...
- 08:18 Tottenham Hotspur to "battle with Inter Milan to complete transfer...