Sheffield kidnap plot was a ‘scam’, says accused
A MAN accused of helping to kidnap a 14-year-old boy before demanding a £40,000 ransom from his family has admitted to a jury the operation was a "scam'.
But he added that it was not planned and a ‘spur of the moment’ act.
Liban Mohammed, aged 20, of Balfour Drive, Darnall, was allegedly part of a four-strong gang which snatched the schoolboy from outside an off-licence in Darnall before forcing him into a car and driving him to Ringinglow.
Jurors at Sheffield Crown Court were told the abductors demanded a £40,000 ransom and even threatened to chop the youngster’s head off.
Giving evidence, Mohammed said the kidnapping was staged, describing it as a ‘scam all the way... read more
- 21:58 Spain 1-0 Ukraine: Alvaro Morata scores first international goal as...
- 21:56 General Election TV debate: Miliband gets a head start for the...
- 21:48 Silicon Valley: Ellen Pao loses landmark gender-discrimination case
- 21:48 Amanda Knox murder conviction: Italy overturns verdict for US...
- 21:46 England 4 - Lithuania 0: Kane scores on Three Lions debut as...
- 21:37 New York City explosion: Gas line may have been ‘inappropriately’...
- 21:23 Andy Murray routs Donald Young to reach third round of the Miami Open
- 21:21 Apple creates barricade in Selfridges to tease the Watch’s arrival
- 21:21 Motorcycle racer Guy Martin bookies' favourite to replace Jeremy...
- 21:17 Children spent over six hours a DAY in front of screens - and are...