Sheffield kidnap plot was a ‘scam’, says accused
A MAN accused of helping to kidnap a 14-year-old boy before demanding a £40,000 ransom from his family has admitted to a jury the operation was a "scam'.
But he added that it was not planned and a ‘spur of the moment’ act.
Liban Mohammed, aged 20, of Balfour Drive, Darnall, was allegedly part of a four-strong gang which snatched the schoolboy from outside an off-licence in Darnall before forcing him into a car and driving him to Ringinglow.
Jurors at Sheffield Crown Court were told the abductors demanded a £40,000 ransom and even threatened to chop the youngster’s head off.
Giving evidence, Mohammed said the kidnapping was staged, describing it as a ‘scam all the way... read more
Most read news
- 04:17 Google Executive Sets New Freefall Jump Record
- 04:13 Tony Conrad: Invented Acoustical Tools, Inverleith House, Edinburgh
- 04:12 Hands on ... UPP portable charger
- 04:12 Good grief: reimagining our relationship with death
- 04:12 What it feels like to ... be a parapsychologist
- 04:12 Weekender: pony trekking
- 04:11 Police seek men over mass brawl at Barnsley FC match
- 04:10 Lib Dem quits after sharing ‘anti-Islamic’ material
- 04:05 Egypt declares state of emergency in Sinai after checkpoint bombing
- 03:27 West Ham's Mark Noble tips Diafra Sakho to topple champions...