Sheffield kidnap plot was a ‘scam’, says accused
A MAN accused of helping to kidnap a 14-year-old boy before demanding a £40,000 ransom from his family has admitted to a jury the operation was a "scam'.
But he added that it was not planned and a ‘spur of the moment’ act.
Liban Mohammed, aged 20, of Balfour Drive, Darnall, was allegedly part of a four-strong gang which snatched the schoolboy from outside an off-licence in Darnall before forcing him into a car and driving him to Ringinglow.
Jurors at Sheffield Crown Court were told the abductors demanded a £40,000 ransom and even threatened to chop the youngster’s head off.
Giving evidence, Mohammed said the kidnapping was staged, describing it as a ‘scam all the way... read more
- 16:15 Isle ongo bear comes second in mascot race
- 16:15 Jewellery thieves ransack Doncaster property
- 16:07 AUDIO: George Osborne talks welfare cuts
- 16:07 Bobby and Christi Shepherd inquest: gas safety device disconnected...
- 16:07 Glasgow Uni reaches for the stars with balloon
- 16:06 Why we should celebrate the people who made Hull what it is
- 16:01 UPDATE: Travellers' caravans arrive at Forest Pines
- 15:59 Tullis Russell collapses with loss of 325 jobs
- 15:55 New safe haven for honey bees on caravan site
- 15:55 Steve Bruce wants more affordable tickets as Liverpool fans prepare...