Sheffield kidnap plot was a ‘scam’, says accused
A MAN accused of helping to kidnap a 14-year-old boy before demanding a £40,000 ransom from his family has admitted to a jury the operation was a "scam'.
But he added that it was not planned and a ‘spur of the moment’ act.
Liban Mohammed, aged 20, of Balfour Drive, Darnall, was allegedly part of a four-strong gang which snatched the schoolboy from outside an off-licence in Darnall before forcing him into a car and driving him to Ringinglow.
Jurors at Sheffield Crown Court were told the abductors demanded a £40,000 ransom and even threatened to chop the youngster’s head off.
Giving... read more
- 21:07 Ikea's taxes scrutinised after €1bn underpayment claim
- 21:06 Leaked report reveals scale of crisis in UK mental health services
- 20:56 A woman was so confident she’d marry her new boyfriend she placed a...
- 20:55 Sam Warburton warns ‘we can only get better’ after Wales beat Scotland
- 20:53 Quique Sanchez Flores: This striker deserves an England callup
- 20:51 TV audience shocked at clip for new Sacha Baron Cohen film Grimsby
- 20:48 Match of the Day running order Saturday February 13th
- 20:26 Rotherham held to draw by Birmingham in Neil Warnock's first game...
- 20:15 Iran has banned Valentine’s Day because it supports ‘decadent...
- 20:03 Manchester United to make £35million transfer bid for PSG striker...