Sheffield kidnap plot was a ‘scam’, says accused
A MAN accused of helping to kidnap a 14-year-old boy before demanding a £40,000 ransom from his family has admitted to a jury the operation was a "scam'.
But he added that it was not planned and a ‘spur of the moment’ act.
Liban Mohammed, aged 20, of Balfour Drive, Darnall, was allegedly part of a four-strong gang which snatched the schoolboy from outside an off-licence in Darnall before forcing him into a car and driving him to Ringinglow.
Jurors at Sheffield Crown Court were told... read more
- 14:26 Plane crashes at CarFest in Cheshire
- 14:22 Fete opens new play areas
- 14:22 Donington firefighters tackle Bicker Bar blaze
- 14:21 Bobbi Kristina Brown funeral: Mourners gather in Georgia
- 14:21 Drugged-up addict jailed after driving dangerously with baby on her...
- 14:21 Manchester City loan teenager Thomas Agyepong to Twente Enschede
- 14:17 Empty cafe being offered free of charge to charities
- 14:14 DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: Cutting benefits for drunks and the obese...
- 12:55 Arsenal "close on Karim Benzema transfer, ready to make him top...
- 11:48 Hull City transfer talk: Arsenal's Chuba Akpom to join Isaac Hayden