Sheffield kidnap plot was a ‘scam’, says accused
A MAN accused of helping to kidnap a 14-year-old boy before demanding a £40,000 ransom from his family has admitted to a jury the operation was a "scam'.
But he added that it was not planned and a ‘spur of the moment’ act.
Liban Mohammed, aged 20, of Balfour Drive, Darnall, was allegedly part of a four-strong gang which snatched the schoolboy from outside an off-licence in Darnall before forcing him into a car and driving him to Ringinglow.
Jurors at Sheffield Crown Court were told the abductors demanded a £40,000 ransom and even threatened to chop the youngster’s head off.
Giving evidence, Mohammed said the kidnapping was staged, describing it as a ‘scam all the way... read more
Most read news
- 22:00 Valencia showcase Alvaro Negredo as striker draws in crowds for...
- 21:56 Port Vale groundsman Steve Speed used tractor for Ice Bucket Challenge
- 21:50 Steven Sotloff 'beheading': Tributes pour in for US journalist who...
- 21:41 Apple Denies System Breach Over Nude Photos
- 21:38 David Cameron condemns 'barbaric' slaughter of US journalist as...
- 21:33 Luke James leaves for Peterborough but Hartlepool United sign no...
- 21:30 Double mastectomies may not reduce cancer survival rates, study shows
- 21:29 Tom Cleverley leaves Manchester United for Aston Villa
- 21:21 Gas pipe collapse in Chester-le-Street
- 21:19 Celebrity photo breach heightens online security warnings