SLUMP IN TAKEOVERS AS FIRMS CUT COSTS
Instead of splashing the cash on mergers or takeovers, firms are focusing on cutting costs and improved efficiency, according to the Ernst & Young UK Capital Confidence Barometer.
Despite signs of a more stable global economy the shine has been taken off corporate confidence by the crisis in the single currency and stuttering domestic growth.
** CLICK HERE TO CLAIM A FREE COPY OF ONE OF OUR MONEY & FINANCE GUIDES **
It surveyed 1,500 senior executives worldwide, including 138 in the UK, and found that a fifth of UK firms were planning to do deals, while the rest preferred to focus on cutting costs.
Risk management has become risk avoidance Ernst & Young chief economist... read more
Most read news
- 05:32 Family tribute to murdered soldier
- 05:32 Two held in hospital gun alert
- 05:29 Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman
- 05:27 Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman
- 05:26 Warwickshire Police officer charged with misconduct and harassment
- 05:25 Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman
- 05:21 Family tribute to murdered soldier
- 05:21 Police on alert for EDL parade
- 05:18 Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman
- 05:15 Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman