Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites, Harworth Estates takes seriously its remit to create jobs in the communities where we work,” said... read more
Most read news
- 21:15 Premier League clubs paid out over £115m in agents’ fees in past year
- 21:13 TRANSFER NEWS: Arsenal battle Chelsea for TWO stars, Man Utd swap,...
- 21:05 Great British Bake Off champion Nancy Birtwhistle switches on...
- 21:05 EUROMILLIONS: Tonight's winning numbers for Friday November 28 2014
- 20:58 The best Black Friday deals
- 20:57 EXCLUSIVE: 'Anything Bob Geldof does is amazing': Naomi Campbell...
- 20:46 Oh what a night – the Christmas lights are on
- 20:46 Fire badly damages chippie
- 20:41 Havelock warns on profits amid order setbacks
- 20:40 Black Friday: Fashion retailers join scrum to make up for lost...