Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites, Harworth Estates takes seriously its remit to create jobs in the communities where we work,” said... read more
Most read news
- 19:39 Size matters: 'Crucial' ancient Roman city Ostia was 40% bigger...
- 19:38 National Bank of Greece gets go-ahead for $3.5 billion share offer
- 19:32 Lille's Simon Kjaer downplays Manchester United link
- 19:32 TEAMS: Aguero starts but no Silva for Man City; Wickham and Borini...
- 19:31 Detectives investigating stabbing in north Liverpool
- 19:31 Hull KR v Hull FC: Derby team news and preview
- 19:28 Everton v Crystal Palace team news: Marouane Chamakh starts
- 19:28 Same-sex solicitors wed weeks after marriage law change
- 19:22 SPECIAL REPORT - Age UK provides the little things that make a...
- 19:21 Pensioners denied water meter in fight for cheaper bills