Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites, Harworth Estates takes seriously its remit to create jobs in the communities where we work,” said... read more
- 07:59 Microphone that helped record Sergeant Pepper album to be auctioned...
- 07:59 Church choir in Northampton to release CD
- 07:51 Dole queues shrinking again after two consecutive rises
- 07:51 Megan Chadwick's poster cleans up at Tissington Trail
- 07:48 Telegraph Golf Challenge 2015: The draw in full
- 07:43 Mum raises cash for hospital unit
- 07:43 Watch: A Filbert Way of life - 10 decades of photos of Leicester...
- 07:43 The Big Question: Are you excited about the new Star Wars film?
- 07:36 Time to sign up for big 10k
- 06:41 Nottingham pub landlord caught snorting cocaine loses his bar and home