Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites, Harworth Estates takes seriously its remit to create jobs in the communities where we work,” said... read more
Most read news
- 07:38 How we made Radiohead's PolyFauna app for iOS and Android
- 07:38 European Factors to Watch-Shares seen steady, focus on U.S. jobs
- 07:36 Swanwick secretary retires
- 07:33 College hailed as among best
- 07:29 Liverpool join race for French teenage striker sensation: Transfer...
- 07:24 VIDEO BIKE BLOG: Training session ‘war wounds’
- 07:24 Early success for council-run team with 1,500 calls
- 07:23 Mother’s cause of death still a mystery after body found in France
- 07:15 120-bed hotel planned for Bakewell
- 07:11 Oscar Pistorius Trial: Watch live stream from court on day five of...