Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites, Harworth Estates takes seriously its remit to create jobs in the communities where we work,” said... read more
Most read news
- 19:10 Saturday Night Lemur: Prancing animal replicates John Travolta's...
- 19:07 England vs India report: Ian Bell and Jos Buttler impress on second...
- 19:01 Ukraine crisis: EU to finalise toughest sanctions sanctions yet on...
- 18:59 MONDAY MARKET CLOSE: Drillers fall as oil hit by over-supply
- 18:51 Mad Max Fury Road trailer: Charlize Theron shaves head as she joins...
- 18:49 Where next for Loïc Rémy after the collapse of his Liverpool move?
- 18:49 Team Sky look to Tour de France 2015 as Geraint Thomas signs new...
- 18:46 Sarah Palin launches her own ‘talk to me’ TV channel
- 15:25 Ryan Giggs: Louis van Gaal can bring through next Xavi, Iniesta and...
- 15:21 Benedict Cumberbatch joins his co-stars at Comic-Con to screen...