Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites, Harworth Estates takes seriously its remit to create jobs in the communities where we work,” said... read more
Most read news
- 23:49 Essendon players want doping cases fast-tracked
- 23:49 England and Leicester’s Manu Tuilagi to miss at least eight weeks
- 23:38 Detroit Lions vs Atlanta Falcons: Matthew Stafford ready for...
- 23:37 BREAKING: Boy, nine, and man die in fatal house fire in Penistone
- 23:35 Playing for Sale has cost Danny Cipriani his England spot, says...
- 23:27 Arsene Wenger praises Arsenal's spirit after they 'refused to lose'...
- 23:06 Able UK given green light for huge Humber energy park after ABP...
- 22:18 Arturo Vidal will complete Manchester United transfer in January as...
- 21:22 Balotelli is a disgrace! Twitter reacts after Liverpool striker...
- 18:23 Man dies after his car crashes into a wall outside a supermarket in...