Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites, Harworth Estates takes seriously its remit to create jobs in the communities where we work,” said... read more
Most read news
- 15:25 Christmas festivities underway in Sheffield ahead of big switch on
- 15:24 Record breaking pub crawl visits 18,000th boozer
- 15:19 Hull vs Tottenham Premier League LIVE: Follow the KC Stadium action...
- 15:19 Lewis Hamilton wins the F1 2014 Drivers' Championship: Hamilton...
- 15:17 Guide to Christmas lights switch-ons and events in Hull and East...
- 15:13 Excellence in cycling
- 15:10 Exposed: The US tobacco firms treating farm workers like slaves
- 15:09 Pupils look bright for Children in Need
- 15:06 Window washer survives 11-storey fall by landing on moving car
- 12:36 Man Utd set to pip Arsenal and Liverpool to Bayern star with SHOCK...