Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites, Harworth Estates takes seriously its remit to create jobs in the communities where we work,” said... read more
Most read news
- 07:42 Everton fans rise above trouble in Lille to show passion for club's...
- 07:37 Hartlepool says goodbye to the ‘most amazing, strong, charming girl’
- 07:37 MI5 agent was suburban bank clerk
- 07:37 OAPs left stranded by Trent Barton
- 07:36 Southampton v Stoke City: Bardsley back injury sparks Cameron...
- 07:36 Floorboards set alight at shoe factory in Knighton Fields, Leicester
- 07:34 Amazon Bleeds Value As Microsoft Delights
- 07:31 Tottenham star Erik Lamela scored an even better rabona goal while...
- 07:31 Manchester United stunned as Victor Valdes rejects contract offer...
- 07:29 Swedish military calls off hunt for suspected submarine