Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites, Harworth Estates takes seriously its remit to create jobs in the communities where we work,” said... read more
Most read news
- 17:34 Police hunt man who took ‘selfie’ on stolen phone
- 17:33 White House aide says Republicans might try for Obama impeachment
- 16:53 Twilight-based fan fiction promised the same literary success as 50...
- 16:48 50 Shades of Grey trailer sees 53 per cent increase in online sex...
- 16:34 Georgina Oakley named as victim of fatal Baddeley Green crash
- 16:01 Arsenal wonderkid Gedion Zelalem scores absolutely incredible...
- 16:01 Atletico Madrid could swoop for Javier Hernandez as Louis van Gaal...
- 15:15 What can Manchester United realistically expect to achieve this...
- 14:41 Liverpool transfer news: Reds 'in talks' to sign Benfica winger...
- 13:54 Manchester United in new transfer talks for PSG striker Edinson Cavani