Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites, Harworth Estates takes seriously its remit to create jobs in the communities where we work,” said... read more
Most read news
- 17:12 Jumble returns in Scout sale
- 17:10 Brendan Rodgers blames the 'weight of the jersey' for Liverpool's...
- 17:02 The Queen 'purred down the line' after Scotland voted to stay in...
- 17:01 Hartlepool boxer Peter Cope to fight Middlesbrough’s John Green for...
- 17:01 Arsenal and Manchester United "to battle it out for Aston Villa...
- 17:00 Re-read: Hillsborough Inquests - Tuesday September 23 2014
- 16:57 Make a will and donate to charity
- 16:36 Spurs boss Pochettino isn't concerned about his side's sluggish...
- 16:27 John Terry says Cesc Fabregas has become 'part of the Chelsea...
- 16:21 Bolton Wanderers clash represents a chance for Jose Mourinho to...