Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites, Harworth Estates takes seriously its remit to create jobs in the communities where we work,” said... read more
- 23:48 Brazil political leaders probed in Petrobras graft scandal
- 23:45 Review: Lionel Richie, SSE Hydro, Glasgow
- 23:44 Tim Sherwood: I can unlock the Gabby Agbonlahor enigma
- 23:44 Winning EuroMillions numbers for Friday, March 6
- 23:39 David Haigh making progress in fight for justice against Leeds...
- 23:35 Casualty airlifted to hospital and several people rescued after...
- 23:31 Detainee traded for Bergdahl may have contacted Taliban: officials
- 22:48 DFS returns to London stock market but fails to catch investors'...
- 22:36 Paul Merson: Arsene Wenger or Louis van Gaal face the SACK if they...
- 22:36 Man City target Brendan Rodgers RULES OUT Premier League move if he...