Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites,... read more
- 04:29 Physical health of mentally ill people 'ignored'
- 04:27 'We can't lose any more happy, healthy children'
- 04:25 Brazil's Rousseff accuses opponents of 'coup-mongering'
- 04:22 Labor attacks Malcolm Turnbull for investments registered in Cayman...
- 04:10 Teachers on strike today
- 04:07 Ex-zoo worker to be sentenced after glassing monkey keeper love rival
- 02:44 New mother Hayden Panettiere checks into treatment facility amid...
- 00:59 Additional offshore wind investment harnessed by GIB
- 00:58 Arsenal ready to make Michy Batshuayi transfer move - report
- 00:26 Transfer News: Shock Liverpool revelation, fresh Man Utd keeper...