Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites,... read more
- 05:28 Who lives in a hole like this? Archway by Hull's A63 has curtains,...
- 05:19 Diamonds are a girl's best friend: a lesson on how to spot the...
- 05:19 Pre-school in Melbourne awarded 'good' in latest Ofsted inspection
- 05:12 'US search' for next Ofsted head
- 05:10 Bend it like Beckham: Chelsea star admits he studies Becks to...
- 05:10 Exclusive: Pep Guardiola plans to bring this Bayern star to City in...
- 04:48 Depraved ISIS jihadist thought to be dead is ‘STILL ALIVE and...
- 04:34 Hopes of a speedy end to the agony of Syria’s people are sadly...
- 04:34 Scalia tributes dissolve into Trump-Bush rancor in testy GOP debate...
- 04:25 Brexit could raise terror threat and air fares - travel experts