Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy... read more
- 05:19 Arson attack kills Palestinian child
- 05:18 30-man brawl trial thrown out after WPC quits to defend husband
- 05:16 Former Birmingham Lord Mayor Freda Cocks turns 100
- 05:13 Places still available on Burton Albion away coaches from the Beech...
- 05:13 Derby County coach Paul Clement sings praises of Will Hughes
- 05:13 Derbyshire Premier League cricket: Survival is now or never for...
- 05:13 Derbyshire Premier League cricket: Ticknall eager to down title...
- 05:09 Businessman finds iPhone which fell out of plane during US flight
- 02:59 Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd target Ibrahimovic: My next move will...
- 01:03 Man United have signed Pedro - but £22m star will miss Tottenham clash