Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites,... read more
- 15:29 Hiding in plain sight: inside the world of Turkey's people smugglers
- 15:24 Adele's comeback album 25 breaks US records
- 15:24 Paris turned into a sea of shoes as climate change campaigners lay...
- 15:23 Liverpool vs Swansea and Norwich vs Arsenal Barclays Premier League...
- 15:20 Health scientist Jonathan Berg publishes brilliant pictures in his...
- 15:19 Climate change protests turn violent in Paris
- 15:15 Burnley company packing the most into the festive season
- 15:14 Earby holiday firm celebrates new identity
- 15:11 Players Championship Darts: Double trouble for Adrian Lewis but he...
- 15:07 Someone's chopped down a town's Christmas tree on the eve of its...