Solar energy plans for old Welbeck colliery site
THE former colliery site at Welbeck, near Worksop, could be transformed into a solar energy farm if plans go ahead. Plans for three solar farms across the region have been submitted by land owner and property developer Harworth Estates and partners Re-Fin Solar and Juwi.
The two other former colliery sites are at Bilsthorpe near Mansfield and Gedling on the edge of Nottingham.
If approved, the farms would generate enough low carbon energy to provide power for 7,000 homes.
Solar energy harnesses daylight and converts it into electricity.
“As custodians of many former coal mining sites, Harworth Estates takes seriously its remit to create jobs in the communities where we work,” said... read more
Most read news
- 07:07 21 reasons November is the best month of the year
- 07:06 Sheriff takes aim at bid to boost SSPCA powers
- 07:06 Rescue dogs require work but the rewards can be huge
- 07:04 WATCH: Porcupines aim to wipe out blockages
- 07:03 Wins in Germany give Hartlepool boxer Savannah Marshall boost ahead...
- 07:00 Police taser man who had attacked mum
- 06:42 Tributes to former Preston rector
- 06:36 Hamburg after the war: How my dad made friends with the Germans
- 06:36 My booky wook for the kids: Russell Brand is telling fairy stories
- 06:36 Stoke City: Scoring against Vale was definitely a career high, says...