South Yorkshire girl stole from her own gran
A woman stole her grandmother's £35,000 life savings - and spent the money on drugs and clothes.
Stacey Bann, aged 23, siphoned the cash from wheelchair-bound 89-year-old Noreen Cunnington’s bank accounts.
Louise Gallagher, prosecuting at Sheffield Crown Court, said Mrs Cunnington had dementia.
Bann obtained her grandmother’s bank details last March and set up a bogus bank account in Mrs Cunnington’s name.
On 23 occasions Bann transferred cash from her grandmother’s account to the bogus one before moving it again to her own account.
The victim’s savings went from £38,714 to just a few thousand pounds in five months.
Bann shrugged off her family’s questions about her new... read more
Most read news
- 19:56 Mum Arrested For Letting Son Play In Park
- 19:51 Man with half a head gets a new one, and this is what it looks like
- 19:47 Israel-Gaza conflict: UN accuses Israel of possible war crime after...
- 19:47 Land for gas: secret German deal could end Ukraine crisis
- 19:43 Sunderland students use War Horse to explore World War One
- 19:31 No change to taxi age limit
- 18:57 Steven Gerrard’s encouragement for Garstang teenager
- 17:54 Arturo Vidal will tell Juventus he wants Manchester United transfer...
- 17:32 Tottenham Hotspur transfer news: Morgan Schneiderlin hands in...
- 14:26 Police name 12-year-old cyclist who died in collision as Jake Mitchell