South Yorkshire girl stole from her own gran
A woman stole her grandmother's £35,000 life savings - and spent the money on drugs and clothes.
Stacey Bann, aged 23, siphoned the cash from wheelchair-bound 89-year-old Noreen Cunnington’s bank accounts.
Louise Gallagher, prosecuting at Sheffield Crown Court, said Mrs Cunnington had dementia.
Bann obtained her grandmother’s bank details last March and set up a bogus bank account in Mrs Cunnington’s name.
On 23 occasions Bann transferred cash from her grandmother’s account to the bogus one before moving it again to her own account.
The victim’s savings went from £38,714 to just a few thousand pounds in five months.
Bann shrugged off her family’s questions about her new... read more
Most read news
- 21:19 He's still got it! Watch Deco set up Benni McCarthy with exquisite...
- 21:19 Brothers brought home Great War horrors
- 21:18 Facebook says SEC's IPO probe ends, extending WhatsApp closing date
- 21:18 IBM talks with Globalfoundries break down over price: Bloomberg
- 21:18 Colin Cooper has say on departed Hartlepool United trial duo Eugen...
- 21:15 South Yorkshire men lose 30 stone to reach slimming finals
- 20:55 Lightning causes travel disruption
- 19:37 BREAKING: Murder investigation as man found dead in car with...
- 18:42 Saints try to fend off Spurs and Arsenal with £27m Morgan...
- 16:01 Arsenal wonderkid Gedion Zelalem scores absolutely incredible...