South Yorkshire girl stole from her own gran
A woman stole her grandmother's £35,000 life savings - and spent the money on drugs and clothes.
Stacey Bann, aged 23, siphoned the cash from wheelchair-bound 89-year-old Noreen Cunnington’s bank accounts.
Louise Gallagher, prosecuting at Sheffield Crown Court, said Mrs Cunnington had dementia.
Bann obtained her grandmother’s bank details last March and set up a bogus bank account in Mrs Cunnington’s name.
On 23 occasions Bann transferred cash from her grandmother’s account to the bogus one before moving it again to her own account.
The victim’s savings went from £38,714 to just a few thousand pounds in five months.
Bann shrugged off her family’s questions about her new... read more
- 16:26 Amazing moment runner breaks off from London Marathon to propose
- 16:22 Letter: Peter Katin obituary
- 16:11 SUNDAY NEWSPAPER SHARE TIPS: WPP, Asos, Advanced Oncotherapy, WANDisco
- 16:01 UPDATE: Missing woman has been found
- 15:58 Everton 3 Manchester United 0: Player ratings
- 15:54 Manchester United's Radamel Falcao hits the target for first time...
- 14:46 Bryan Robson: Manchester United can WIN the Premier League with...
- 14:16 Liverpool target Memphis Depay: The TRUTH about my £25m talks with...
- 14:05 "Greedy' Raheem Sterling brilliantly trolled on Twitter after...
- 11:59 Arsenal preparing Geoffrey Kondogbia bid as Arsene Wenger "requests...