South Yorkshire girl stole from her own gran
A woman stole her grandmother's £35,000 life savings - and spent the money on drugs and clothes.
Stacey Bann, aged 23, siphoned the cash from wheelchair-bound 89-year-old Noreen Cunnington’s bank accounts.
Louise Gallagher, prosecuting at Sheffield Crown Court, said Mrs Cunnington had dementia.
Bann obtained her grandmother’s bank details last March and set up a bogus bank account in Mrs Cunnington’s name.
On 23 occasions Bann transferred cash from her grandmother’s account to the bogus one before moving it again to her own account.
The victim’s savings went from £38,714 to just a few thousand pounds in five months.
Bann shrugged off her family’s questions about her new... read more
Most read news
- 08:49 Actress Lynda Bellingham dies after cancer battle
- 08:47 Harrogate school starter photos published this week
- 08:42 Was decision over Lancashire’s fracking plans right?
- 08:42 Hopes for no more de-selection
- 08:42 Harrogate school starter photos published this week
- 08:38 Loaf to open second showroom in London as sales rise
- 08:34 Mobile speed cameras around Calderdale this week
- 08:28 Swedish military 'sights Russian submarine' off coast of Stockholm
- 08:25 Running blog: How was your weekend running?
- 08:15 Taylor takes one for Newcastle in win over Leicester City