Steve Carell requires regular hip jabs
Comedian Steve Carell has to undergo regular pain injections in his hip to treat an old ice hockey injury.
The Crazy, Stupid, Love star has been treating the ailment with twice-yearly medical shots ever since high school, and the 50 year old fears he will eventually need to have hip replacement surgery.
He tells U.S. talk show host David Letterman, "My hip is not so good. I was a goalie in hockey and apparently goalies are prone to these specific hip injuries, so I had to have these injections. It's called orthovisc because it (the hip bone) just grinds against each other (sic)... I think I will (have to have it replaced)."
In the meantime, Carell has to endure uncomfortable... read more
Most read news
- 23:41 Tesco: we will foot legal bills for ousted bosses sued over scandal
- 23:40 Yes! Oui! Si! Learning a new language activates the same part of...
- 23:40 Will apps replace SCHOOL? Google's vice-president of research says...
- 23:22 Mary O’Neill: Dictionaries writ large with Scots
- 23:22 Stephen Jardine: Sustainability on menu to save cash
- 23:22 Our gums are less healthy than Roman Britons', scientists claim
- 23:19 Human remains found by abandoned property that of missing British...
- 23:02 Boob twerking model reveals she received death threats over Mozart...
- 21:23 Man Utd News: Di Maria fitness boost, Valdes admission, Januzaj...
- 20:10 Six-year-old boy dies after being struck by vehicle at West Derby