Steve Carell requires regular hip jabs
Comedian Steve Carell has to undergo regular pain injections in his hip to treat an old ice hockey injury.
The Crazy, Stupid, Love star has been treating the ailment with twice-yearly medical shots ever since high school, and the 50 year old fears he will eventually need to have hip replacement surgery.
He tells U.S. talk show host David Letterman, "My hip is not so good. I was a goalie in hockey and apparently goalies are prone to these specific hip injuries, so I had to have these injections. It's called orthovisc because it (the hip bone) just grinds against each other (sic)... I think I will (have to have it replaced)."
In the meantime, Carell has to endure uncomfortable... read more
Most read news
- 00:47 Pet rivalry: Dogs get jealous too, study reveals
- 00:47 Being too short OR too tall heightens risk of depression in men
- 00:37 Commonwealth Games 2014: Twitter reacts to Glasgow's opening ceremony
- 00:35 MH17: Dutch mayor said Russian President Vladimir Putin's daughter...
- 00:33 ‘This is last chance for the Scottish wildcat’
- 00:32 Style file: Get ahead in the (baggage) packing order
- 00:28 Many happy returns for Yaya Toure as he rejoins the Manchester City...
- 00:26 The Fifteen Billion Pound Railway, TV review: There's nothing...
- 00:26 The Arsonist by Sue Miller, book review: New England story fails to...
- 00:22 UK car production boosted by new models in first half of 2014