Steve Carell requires regular hip jabs
Comedian Steve Carell has to undergo regular pain injections in his hip to treat an old ice hockey injury.
The Crazy, Stupid, Love star has been treating the ailment with twice-yearly medical shots ever since high school, and the 50 year old fears he will eventually need to have hip replacement surgery.
He tells U.S. talk show host David Letterman, "My hip is not so good. I was a goalie in hockey and apparently goalies are prone to these specific hip injuries, so I had to have these injections. It's called orthovisc because it (the hip bone) just grinds against each other (sic)... I think I will (have to have it replaced)."
In the meantime, Carell has to endure uncomfortable... read more
Most read news
- 12:14 New £500k sea defence scheme to boost flood protection
- 12:13 Drugs raids hailed a success as 18 charged
- 11:57 How far have Tottenham Hotspur come since sacking Harry Redknapp?
- 11:56 True Facts About Marsupials
- 11:50 Little Mix’s oldest fan celebrates her 100th birthday
- 11:49 This hilarious Ed Woodward cartoon sums up Manchester United...
- 11:46 Dentist left in limbo for 10 years over new Sunderland bridge plans
- 11:31 Arsenal close on Olympiakos defender Kostas Manolas after fresh...
- 11:19 Arsenal to increase William Carvalho bid if they overcome Besiktas...
- 11:16 Arsenal lining up transfer offer for Southampton star Victor Wanyama