Steve Carell requires regular hip jabs
Comedian Steve Carell has to undergo regular pain injections in his hip to treat an old ice hockey injury.
The Crazy, Stupid, Love star has been treating the ailment with twice-yearly medical shots ever since high school, and the 50 year old fears he will eventually need to have hip replacement surgery.
He tells U.S. talk show host David Letterman, "My hip is not so good. I was a goalie in hockey and apparently goalies are prone to these specific hip injuries, so I had to have these injections. It's called orthovisc because it (the hip bone) just grinds against each other (sic)... I think I will (have to have it replaced)."
In the meantime, Carell has to endure uncomfortable... read more
- 23:14 Lobster has gone mainstream with supermarket bargains for £10 or...
- 23:14 Germanwings crash: The tragic history of pilot murder-suicides
- 23:09 Chelsea midfielder Oscar nutmegs France goalkeeper Steve Mandanda...
- 23:01 Paxman to Miliband: "People see you as a north London geek'
- 22:47 Germanwings crash: Andreas Lubitz - the killer co-pilot who...
- 22:46 Wayne Rooney: I won't be doing boxing celebration again... because...
- 22:42 ALEX BRUMMER: Aden threatens Gulf stability as risk of war gives...
- 19:38 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd DONE DEAL, Liverpool TRIPLE exit, Arsenal...
- 19:29 Arsenal News: DOUBLE done deal, Walcott WARNING, Schneiderlin...
- 18:21 Louis van Gaal: The SECRET behind Manchester United's revival