Steve Carell requires regular hip jabs
Comedian Steve Carell has to undergo regular pain injections in his hip to treat an old ice hockey injury.
The Crazy, Stupid, Love star has been treating the ailment with twice-yearly medical shots ever since high school, and the 50 year old fears he will eventually need to have hip replacement surgery.
He tells U.S. talk show host David Letterman, "My hip is not so good. I was a goalie in hockey and apparently goalies are prone to these specific hip injuries, so I had to have these injections. It's called orthovisc because it (the hip bone) just grinds against each other (sic)... I think I will (have to have it replaced)."
In the meantime, Carell has to endure uncomfortable... read more
- 19:45 Manchester United star Marouane Fellaini sees red for vicious stamp...
- 19:44 Ben Stokes manhandles New Zealand attack to put England on front foot
- 19:43 Van Gaal: Manchester United transfer plans are in place
- 19:41 Nottinghamshire Police receive 999 call about overflowing toilet
- 19:39 FIFA president Sepp Blatter confident of re-election as he compares...
- 19:13 Hull 0 Manchester United 0: Mathieson's verdict
- 19:12 Chelsea boss PROMISES new signings to keep title from Man Utd,...
- 19:02 Leicester City fans celebrate after season ends with a bang
- 18:45 Fire breaks out in high-rise flats in Glasgow
- 18:19 Brendan Rodgers admits he could leave Liverpool this summer