Steve Carell requires regular hip jabs
Comedian Steve Carell has to undergo regular pain injections in his hip to treat an old ice hockey injury.
The Crazy, Stupid, Love star has been treating the ailment with twice-yearly medical shots ever since high school, and the 50 year old fears he will eventually need to have hip replacement surgery.
He tells U.S. talk show host David Letterman, "My hip is not so good. I was a goalie in hockey and apparently goalies are prone to these specific hip injuries, so I had to have these injections. It's called orthovisc because it (the hip bone) just grinds against each other (sic)... I think I will (have to have it replaced)."
In the meantime, Carell has to endure uncomfortable... read more
- 15:13 Town hand over charity cash
- 15:11 Hornsea Rescue lifeboat left out of action as tractor tyres found...
- 15:06 WATCH: Action on Northumberland beach for TV drama
- 14:56 Planned roadworks in South Yorkshire next week
- 14:53 Espanyol vs Barcelona LIVE: Follow all the La Liga action as it...
- 14:53 West Indies vs England LIVE cricket: All the action from day five...
- 14:50 Taxi drivers plan Tour de Strike
- 14:30 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd DEAL DONE, Arsenal £140m spree, Liverpool...
- 14:20 Champions League to Lowland League: Former Levski Sofia star Ortega...
- 13:47 Louis van Gaal says David de Gea's Manchester United future in his...