Steve Carell requires regular hip jabs
Comedian Steve Carell has to undergo regular pain injections in his hip to treat an old ice hockey injury.
The Crazy, Stupid, Love star has been treating the ailment with twice-yearly medical shots ever since high school, and the 50 year old fears he will eventually need to have hip replacement surgery.
He tells U.S. talk show host David Letterman, "My hip is not so good. I was a goalie in hockey and apparently goalies are prone to these specific hip injuries, so I had to have these injections. It's called orthovisc because it (the hip bone) just grinds against each other (sic)... I think I will (have to have it replaced)."
In the meantime, Carell has to endure uncomfortable... read more
- 04:30 Maynor Figueroa 'did not mean to hurt Stephen Ireland' says Hull...
- 04:19 Battle To Save World's Most Hunted Animal
- 04:15 Port Vale: How Vale became a defensive Mean Machine
- 03:32 North Korea reopens borders after months-long Ebola shutdown
- 03:08 Hillary Clinton may have broken federal record-keeping laws - NY Times
- 02:46 The Hasselhoff crab that shuns female company: Hairy-chested...
- 02:34 British American Tobacco drops and sues PwC over pollution scandal
- 00:44 Manchester United "in transfer talks to sign Danilo ahead of...
- 00:23 Arsenal "in pole position to seal summer Paul Pogba transfer'
- 00:23 Could Nani really come back and turn his Manchester United career...