Steve Carell requires regular hip jabs
Comedian Steve Carell has to undergo regular pain injections in his hip to treat an old ice hockey injury.
The Crazy, Stupid, Love star has been treating the ailment with twice-yearly medical shots ever since high school, and the 50 year old fears he will eventually need to have hip replacement surgery.
He tells U.S. talk show host David Letterman, "My hip is not so good. I was a goalie in hockey and apparently goalies are prone to these specific hip injuries, so I had to have these injections. It's called orthovisc because it (the hip bone) just grinds against each other (sic)... I think I will (have to have it replaced)."
In the meantime, Carell has to endure uncomfortable... read more
Most read news
- 10:08 Clowne: Gala proved to be a real great atmosphere
- 10:04 Sir Alex Ferguson: Former Manchester United boss visits Derbyshire...
- 09:48 'Oh his name is Leonardo' - Leicester City fans' Ulloa song goes viral
- 09:37 UK inflation rate falls to 1.5%
- 09:23 Mario Balotelli did not deserve his standing ovation from Liverpool...
- 09:23 Mesut Ozil's mid-season lull now lasts from August until May, so...
- 09:23 Newcastle United fans should band together and buy their stricken...
- 09:17 Why Manchester United fans are right to get more excited by Radamel...
- 08:47 Cristiano Ronaldo to return to Manchester United, Ezequiel Lavezzi...
- 08:25 Tickets for Open All Hours studio filming up for grabs