Steven Gerrard welcomes Roy Hodgson as England manager
Liverpool FC captain and former England skipper Steven Gerrard has welcomed the appointment of Roy Hodgson as manager of the national side.
Steven Gerrard worked with Roy Hodgson during the 64-year-old's ill-fated spell in charge of Liverpool FC and has been tipped as a possible future England captain.
Gerrard said in a statement: "I've worked with Roy. He's a good man and a good manager. It's important he's given a chance and I'm looking forward to working with him again."
Roy Hodgson dodged a question earlier on Tuesday over whether Steven Gerrard would replace John Terry after he lost the skipper's armband over allegations he racially abused Anton Ferdinand in a league match... read more
Most read news
- 15:25 Murder provokes backlash across UK
- 15:22 Art Basel fair in Hong Kong attracts global celebrities
- 15:20 Champions League final 2013: Watch German football fans clash at...
- 15:20 It's official: David Beckham IS already retired as Paris...
- 15:18 TRAVE UPDATE: Railway barriers stuck down in Lincoln High Street
- 15:16 Board of Italy's ILVA steel group quits after asset seizure
- 15:15 Former Glasgow MP Jimmy Wray dies at 78
- 15:14 Councillors raise concerns about traffic at new Bourne primary school
- 15:13 ‘Clean’ investment funds growing in popularity
- 15:13 Pensions watchdog still failing to tackle liberation schemes