Stoke 1-1 Everton: Peter Crouch scores 1,000th Prem goal of the season... in his own net
Quick fire striker Cameron Jerome took just five minutes to prove a point to Tony Pulis by snatching Stoke a draw.
The frustrated striker arrived last summer expecting to lead the line for the Potters but has spent most of the season stuck on the bench.
That's prompted talk of a showdown meeting with Pulis in the summer and he will go into that pow-wow armed with plenty of ammunition following this effort.
Stoke were slumping to a rare home defeat courtesy of a Peter Crouch own goal when Jerome was ordered into action as a sub.
And his first spot of action five minutes later brought the leveller as he chased down a long punt and muscled his way to the ball ahead of two Everton defenders.... read more
Most read news
- 10:17 South Yorkshire: Kids’ DNA samples stored by police
- 10:00 Zoo keeper broke safety procedures
- 09:50 Rockets hit Lebanese Hezbollah stronghold
- 09:47 Tennis courts dome scheme wins approval
- 09:47 Town team make the case for better coach parking
- 09:47 Insight - Nigeria's "war on terror" wins tentative support
- 09:47 Bitter election aftermath undermines Malaysian PM Najib
- 09:46 National parks give an important boost to rural economies
- 09:46 TALKING NEWSPAPER: Melton Times May 23 to 29
- 09:37 Maoist rebels kill at least 28 people in attack on convoy carrying...