Strategy needed to deal with HIV epidemic
'A lack of coherent leadership on HIV could spell disaster for the 100,000 people currently living with the disease.' Above, budding of HIV virus from cell tissue. Photograph: Deco Images II / Alamy/Alamy Today Lord Collins will raise a question in the House of Lords, asking why the government has no comprehensive strategy to deal with the increasing HIV epidemic in the UK.
The previous national HIV strategy expired in 2010 and so far the coalition government has failed to implement a new one. HIV remains one of the most serious infectious diseases affecting the UK. In London, one in every... read more
- 07:45 Mike Pejic: Sign up Jon Walters ... or a rival will
- 07:41 NHS issue warning after two heroin addicts are hospitalised in...
- 07:38 Des Clarke: Hampden's raw but there's always hope
- 07:38 New footage released by animal rights group appears to show illegal...
- 07:31 Hull ferry passenger smuggled £200k of MDMA in travel pillow
- 07:30 Do you know these places that Leicester's twinned with?
- 07:17 I trained with Cristiano Ronaldo, David Beckham, Ryan Giggs and Roy...
- 07:17 Jim Goodwin: Football is good again now I've finally shed my...
- 07:17 I believe in miracles: The tales of Brian Clough's Nottingham...
- 07:08 Funerals: Five ways to save on the cost of dying