Strategy needed to deal with HIV epidemic
'A lack of coherent leadership on HIV could spell disaster for the 100,000 people currently living with the disease.' Above, budding of HIV virus from cell tissue. Photograph: Deco Images II / Alamy/Alamy Today Lord Collins will raise a question in the House of Lords, asking why the government has no comprehensive strategy to deal with the increasing HIV epidemic in the UK.
The previous national HIV strategy expired in 2010 and so far the coalition government has failed to implement a new one. HIV remains one of the most serious infectious diseases affecting the UK. In London, one in every 200 people has HIV (What will this year be all about? Medicine: A cure for HIV?, 1 January).
Most... read more
Most read news
- 11:11 Woman killed after being hit by train at Goswick
- 11:09 Noel Gallagher commits the ultimate dad sin and embarrasses...
- 11:09 She's earned her stripes! Pregnant Liv Tyler steps out in stylish...
- 11:00 Holly: the festive berry
- 10:33 Search for 16-year-old girl in river near Humber Bridge
- 10:10 13 thoughts every Arsenal fan has when they see a transfer story on...
- 09:50 Transfer talk: Manchester United linked with Gareth Bale and Mats...
- 09:15 The stats to show just how good Chelsea and Man United are… and how...
- 08:44 Arsenal's £26m Pedro bid a BLOW to rivals Liverpool and Manchester...
- 08:03 Man Utd gossip: Shaqiri interest, Hummels talk