Strategy needed to deal with HIV epidemic
'A lack of coherent leadership on HIV could spell disaster for the 100,000 people currently living with the disease.' Above, budding of HIV virus from cell tissue. Photograph: Deco Images II / Alamy/Alamy Today Lord Collins will raise a question in the House of Lords, asking why the government has no comprehensive strategy to deal with the increasing HIV epidemic in the UK.
The previous national HIV strategy expired in 2010 and so far the coalition government has failed to implement a new one. HIV remains one of the most serious infectious diseases affecting the UK. In London, one in every... read more
- 07:36 Building bosses set out pre-election proposals
- 07:36 Interview: David Craik, founder of Bright Signals
- 07:36 Eli Manning’s reaction to Peyton Manning winning Super Bowl 50...
- 07:27 Sandra Nowocinska death: Boyfriend accused of starting fatal flat fire
- 07:27 Recently released prisoner back behind bars after groping...
- 07:27 Wolverhampton man jailed after amphetamines and cannabis farm found...
- 07:20 Pokemon GO: Niantic talk Pokemon evolution and future expansion
- 07:14 TalkTalk keeps sending us someone else’s letters
- 07:13 Writer seeks young Cheshire actors to stage variety show in Northwich
- 07:13 30 hours of free childcare for working parents from September