Strategy needed to deal with HIV epidemic
'A lack of coherent leadership on HIV could spell disaster for the 100,000 people currently living with the disease.' Above, budding of HIV virus from cell tissue. Photograph: Deco Images II / Alamy/Alamy Today Lord Collins will raise a question in the House of Lords, asking why the government has no comprehensive strategy to deal with the increasing HIV epidemic in the UK.
The previous national HIV strategy expired in 2010 and so far the coalition government has failed to implement a new one. HIV remains one of the most serious infectious diseases affecting the UK. In London, one in every 200 people has HIV (What will this year be all about? Medicine: A cure for HIV?, 1 January).
Most... read more
- 13:41 Driver suffers minor injuries after car crash near Hedon
- 13:27 Premier League LIVE: Follow Hull City vs Manchester United and...
- 12:53 Mats Hummels: Why I SNUBBED Manchester United
- 12:51 Radamel Falcao "told his Manchester United career is over'
- 12:20 DONE DEAL: Club confirms Liverpool trialist has signed two-year...
- 12:17 Arsene Wenger sets deadline date for contract talks with Liverpool...
- 11:51 Louis van Gaal identifies central midfield as Manchester United's...
- 11:20 Rio Ferdinand speaks publicly for first time following death of his...
- 11:18 Stats show Arsenal do not need to complete transfer of Raheem Sterling
- 11:05 Everton "set to swoop for Manchester United youngster Tyler Blackett'