Strategy needed to deal with HIV epidemic
'A lack of coherent leadership on HIV could spell disaster for the 100,000 people currently living with the disease.' Above, budding of HIV virus from cell tissue. Photograph: Deco Images II / Alamy/Alamy Today Lord Collins will raise a question in the House of Lords, asking why the government has no comprehensive strategy to deal with the increasing HIV epidemic in the UK.
The previous national HIV strategy expired in 2010 and so far the coalition government has failed to implement a new one. HIV remains one of the most serious infectious diseases affecting the UK. In London, one in every 200 people has HIV (What will this year be all about? Medicine: A cure for HIV?, 1 January).
Most... read more
Most read news
- 19:33 Alvaro Negredo signs off from Manchester City with classy farewell...
- 19:29 Stoke City: Oussama Assaidi insists he is fit after summer in gym
- 19:22 Gatwick may be the least bad solution to Britain's airport crisis
- 19:13 Multi-millionaire backers of climate change denial think-tank revealed
- 19:12 FBI investigates 4Chan for posting hacked nude celebrity photos
- 18:56 Emma Watson steps in to defend pal Jennifer Lawrence over naked...
- 16:43 Radamel Falcao: The Manchester United striker's goals and tricks on...
- 14:46 Angel Di Maria "really wanted PSG transfer over Manchester United...
- 14:39 NEW LOOK ARSENAL! Is this how Arsenal will line up with Welbeck...
- 14:08 Fabio Borini launches bizarre rant after failed Liverpool exit