Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has not yet been decided yet where at the hospital the new 24-hour unit will be.
Walk-in centres at Washington and Bunny Hill will remain open.
Grindon Lane’s minor injuries unit opened its doors in 2006... read more
- 20:34 Ferry fire near Spain forces more than 150 passengers to evacuate
- 20:31 Scotland weather: Arctic blast set to last FOUR WEEKS as...
- 20:20 Stoke City defender Erik Pieters escapes speeding charge through...
- 19:52 Recap: Liverpool FC fans protest over Premier League ticket prices...
- 19:15 New £3m pub serving up 52 new jobs in North Staffordshire
- 18:07 Man Utd News: Chelsea CRUSH £43.5m hopes, Incredible Barca deal...
- 17:51 Arsenal and Liverpool's transfer plans in RUINS as French...
- 16:43 Harry Redknapp: Arsenal can BEAT Chelsea to the title... if they...
- 16:19 Man United make huge club announcement after in-house disagreements
- 15:52 Man United and Chelsea reveal INCREDIBLE summer plans