Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has not yet been decided yet where at the hospital the new 24-hour unit will be.
Walk-in centres at Washington and Bunny Hill will remain open.
Grindon Lane’s minor injuries unit opened its doors in 2006... read more
Most read news
- 12:39 Chelsea News: Maribor teams, Mourinho no Man Utd thoughts yet,...
- 12:39 Luke Shaw out to prove he's not a WASTE OF MONEY after slow start...
- 12:36 Colback praises Magpies support
- 12:20 Vine: What did Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed...
- 12:09 Arsenal have £42m to spend in January, claim 'frustrated'...
- 11:46 Beer festival to feature a variety of musical talent
- 11:42 Man Utd News: Van Gaal urged to sign Hummels, Fellaini to LEAVE,...
- 11:07 Chelsea need to recapture the spirit of Jose Mourinho's first...
- 10:38 Chelsea transfer news: Scout dispatched to watch 'new Makelele' as...
- 10:22 Why Arsenal will (eventually) overtake Chelsea and Manchester City