Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has not yet been decided yet where at the hospital the new 24-hour unit will be.
Walk-in centres at Washington and Bunny Hill will remain open.
Grindon Lane’s minor injuries unit opened its doors in 2006... read more
Most read news
- 13:58 Chelsea star Eden Hazard accepts criticism for poor World Cup...
- 13:57 Executrices win Freud will tussle
- 13:54 Report on Doncaster house prices slated
- 13:47 Former Holme-on-Spalding Moor council chairman jailed for seven years
- 13:39 US economy grows by 4% beating expectations
- 13:38 Germany's SMA Solar cuts jobs after profit warning
- 13:37 Deep-fried alcohol goes on sale in the UK, and it's a massive hit
- 13:33 Star Wars Episode 7: Simon Pegg hints at disguised role
- 11:25 VIDEO: Major blaze on Wellingborough industrial estate
- 11:12 Arsenal lose High Court battle over staging concerts at Emirates...