Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has not yet been decided yet where at the hospital the new 24-hour unit will be.
Walk-in centres at Washington and Bunny Hill will remain open.
Grindon Lane’s minor injuries unit opened its doors in 2006... read more
- 15:19 Manchester United: Falcao thanks fans as wife posts airport picture
- 14:50 Manchester United transfer news: Dani Alves opens door for MUFC move
- 14:50 Manchester United U21s captain Tom Thorpe set to leave on free...
- 14:31 Man United Transfer News: DEAL AGREED, Falcao LEAVES, stunning swap...
- 13:45 Liverpool Transfer News: Klopp odds CUT, £30m striker SWAP, Cech...
- 13:18 Chelsea Transfer News: Man Utd flop WANTS move, £20m defender BID,...
- 13:11 Man United Transfer News: Di Maria SWAP deal, Gundogan AGREES...
- 12:49 Man Utd Transfer News: Mass clearout, striker on move, winger in talks
- 12:04 Man Utd AGREE DEAL for Borussia Dortmund ace Ilkay Gundogan
- 12:03 Manchester United "agree terms ahead of Ilkay Gundogan transfer' -...