Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has not yet been decided yet where at the hospital the new 24-hour unit will be.
Walk-in centres at Washington and Bunny Hill will remain open.
Grindon Lane’s minor injuries unit opened its doors in 2006... read more
Most read news
- 16:48 United close in on £30m Luke Shaw as Saints star fuels move rumours
- 16:48 Ukraine troops to launch attack on pro-Russian separatist town
- 16:47 VIDEO: Boy, 6, and girl, 4, in serious condition following...
- 16:47 Hacking trial: Andy Coulson admits he knew that David Blunkett's...
- 16:47 Your News: Shep and Milo need a home together
- 16:44 India's Modi: No change to 'no first use' nuclear weapons doctrine
- 16:44 Pakistani Taliban end ceasefire with government but say talks still on
- 16:44 Liverpool church fined £65,000 over death of volunteer who fell...
- 16:44 Sykes to promote title fight at derby
- 16:41 Ollerton PCSO faces sexual offences charges