Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has not yet been decided yet where at the hospital the new 24-hour unit will be.
Walk-in centres at... read more
- 20:54 Wales talisman Gareth Bale will start crucial Bosnia Euro 2016...
- 20:44 Blunders mar World Cup final between Peter Svidler and Sergey Karjakin
- 20:43 BREAKING: The fans’ reactions to the appointment of Sam Allardyce
- 20:41 Easyjet plane forced to make emergency landing after 'pilot blacked...
- 20:41 Liverpool legend: Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and City will fear...
- 20:41 Manchester United legend takes swipe at new Liverpool manager...
- 20:32 Two taken to hospital after collision on M6 motorway
- 20:27 House votes to lift crude oil export ban despite opposition from...
- 20:22 Australia stars prepare for Wales showdown with Captain's Run as...
- 20:04 Wayne Rooney presented with golden boot in recognition of...