Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has not yet been decided yet where at the hospital the new 24-hour unit will be.
Walk-in centres at Washington and Bunny Hill will remain open.
Grindon Lane’s minor injuries unit opened its doors in 2006... read more
Most read news
- 03:51 One Missing After Blaze At Fireworks Factory
- 03:50 Furious Simon Cowell orders extra X Factor elimination this weekend...
- 03:43 Puppy farm killer to be sentenced
- 03:42 US and Australia lift Fiji sanctions
- 03:33 One missing in firework plant blaze
- 03:33 Miliband rallies Scottish troops
- 03:30 Obama urges progress in Myanmar ahead of rare roundtable
- 03:30 China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt
- 03:30 Lack of mechanics threatens U.S. Air Force target date for F-35
- 03:24 Comment: Clydesdale sell-off | Shell profits