Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has not yet been decided yet where at the hospital the new 24-hour unit will be.
Walk-in centres at... read more
- 08:26 The Humber Centre: Hull's forgotten grand shopping mall
- 08:25 How to beat diabetes...by the first Poldark: Robin Ellis to release...
- 08:19 Paul's work celebrated
- 08:18 Josh Frydenberg says grand mufti had 'graphic failure' of leadership
- 08:17 Team Daventry get set to support town's charities
- 08:15 Top award for electricity firm
- 08:12 Christmas cafe and radio still right cracker!
- 08:08 Leicester 1-1 Manchester United PLAYER RATINGS: Jamie Vardy and...
- 08:07 Sunderland 2 Stoke 0: Cats out of bottom three for first time this...
- 08:07 Smoke, mirrors and George’s marvellous £27bn medicine