Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has... read more
- 01:11 Amal Clooney calls on Egypt to pardon Peter Greste and al-Jazeera...
- 01:07 Leeds nostalgia: Yorkshire Film Archive clip
- 01:03 Greg Gould: I'm gay and I'm backing marriage equality
- 00:58 Sudoku 3215 easy
- 00:56 Comment: How to avoid feeling like a tail-end Charlie
- 00:54 Mary Berry and James Bond queries among most bizarre calls made to...
- 00:51 Would you feel inspired in a weird workplace?
- 00:51 A hair-raising way to start making money
- 00:44 Are we addicted to technology?
- 00:43 EU ruling on minimum alcohol pricing due this week