Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has not yet been decided yet where at the hospital the new 24-hour unit will be.
Walk-in centres at Washington and Bunny Hill will remain open.
Grindon Lane’s minor injuries unit opened its doors in 2006... read more
- 18:31 Sources: Russian spies may have executed flight MH17 suspects
- 18:31 #BudgetRapBattle: Leaders Rap The Budget
- 18:30 Sweet 16 the way forward for Scotland's top flight, says Mark Wotte
- 18:30 Exclusive - Scribbled note shows Nemtsov on trail of Russian deaths...
- 18:29 Terminally ill woman's dying wish to see Rembrandt exhibition...
- 18:27 Top ten Scottish islands to see in spring
- 18:21 China expects to issue taxi app regulations in first half 2015 -...
- 18:21 U.S. trade office says monitoring Alibaba e-commerce site
- 16:51 REVEALED: Louis van Gaal on why Luke Shaw missed Man Utd's win over...
- 14:54 SNAPPED: The STUNNING pics of Man United legend Cristiano Ronaldo's...