Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has not yet been decided yet where at the hospital the new 24-hour unit will be.
Walk-in centres at Washington and Bunny Hill will remain open.
Grindon Lane’s minor injuries unit opened its doors in 2006... read more
Most read news
- 06:30 Barry Ferguson: Rangers MUST beat Killie in the Scottish Cup.....
- 06:27 Switzerland Faces Vote On Immigration Cap
- 06:22 Poor performance catching up with active stock fund managers
- 06:19 Legendary Deacon Blue perform special session for the Record and...
- 06:16 Court closed after consultation sham
- 06:15 Entrepreneurs’ venture pops up in Sheffield
- 06:14 Pair will stand up for students’ rights
- 06:13 GP Taylor: what makes me happy
- 06:12 £17bn hole in tax receipts has wrecked deficit-cutting plan, TUC...
- 06:10 Builder quizzed over double murder