Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has not yet been decided yet where at the hospital the new 24-hour unit will be.
Walk-in centres at Washington and Bunny Hill will remain open.
Grindon Lane’s minor injuries unit opened its doors in 2006... read more
Most read news
- 23:08 Three charged in plot to ship chemical lab equipment from U.S. to...
- 23:07 Judith Owen reveals how husband Harry Shearer - star of This Is...
- 22:57 "Ghost' caught on video running through stadium crowd in Bolivia's...
- 22:57 Barclays Attacked In Mystery 'Staff Letter'
- 22:56 Bill Jamieson: A clear need for honesty on future
- 22:56 Tom Peterkin: Landowners issue may be on hold
- 22:49 Madeleine McCann: British girl was assaulted in the same Portuguese...
- 22:49 'It will be difficult to do worse next season' - Tottenham...
- 22:42 UK inflation expectations fall to lowest since late 2009 - YouGov
- 22:05 Train Kick Selfie Guy is set to scoop up to $250,000 thanks to his...