Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has not yet been decided yet where at the hospital the new 24-hour unit will be.
Walk-in centres at Washington and Bunny Hill will remain open.
Grindon Lane’s minor injuries unit opened its doors in 2006... read more
Most read news
- 21:19 Sam Allardyce: My advice to West Ham defenders on how to stop...
- 21:05 Jamie Moore vows to finish Great North Run next year for children's...
- 20:55 Google boss breaks Felix Baumgartner's parachute record in secret...
- 20:35 TEAM NEWS: Marney could return for Burnley, Everton set to bring...
- 20:10 Six-year-old boy dies after being struck by vehicle at West Derby
- 20:08 Teenager 'stabbed on bus in broad daylight'
- 19:42 TRANSFER NEWS: Balotelli Liverpool exit, Valdes in at Man Utd,...
- 18:36 Child in Alder Hey after being hit by van
- 18:35 Louis van Gaal REVEALS why Liverpool target Victor Valdes is at...
- 18:11 Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs set to battle in January for...