Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has... read more
- 07:06 How science is fine-tuning our elite footballers
- 07:06 White God; Good Kill; Woman in Gold; Insurgent; La Jetée; Sans...
- 07:06 Ich bin ein Berliner…
- 07:06 Train wrecked: take the (non) sleeper to Germany’s Melt! festival
- 07:04 Amazon is deaf to my Furby problem
- 07:03 A very British day out at the races
- 07:02 Don’t try to wing it with an airmiles flight – plan ahead for the...
- 06:56 Violent thug gets an extra 30 months in jail after judge brands him...
- 06:54 Burma flood toll will increase as monsoon rains lash region, warns UN
- 06:46 Remarkable burns archive photos have been discovered in Birmingham...