Suspended head teacher quits job
A HEADTEACHER who was suspended from his £84,000-a-year post has resigned.
Governors from St George’s School in Marton announced John Townsend was stepping down from the top role in a letter to parents.
The note cited “significant personal circumstances” as the reason for his shock departure.
The Gazette revealed on Saturday how Mr Townsend, who only took the reins in September, had been suspended from the Cherry Tree Road school around three weeks ago.
Governors once again cited a personal matter as the reason for the suspension.
The Gazette understands it is not connected to any issues with pupils or as a result of any criminal proceedings against him.
Deacon Ann Wren, the... read more
Most read news
- 11:47 NBA Live 15 review: It can't compare to NBA 2K15, but at least it's...
- 11:33 Rumble in the Jungle boxing ring stolen
- 11:33 Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- 11:16 Halloween 2014: Sweets totally worth going trick-or-treating for
- 11:14 Ahead of the derby Man Utd's biggest concern is Radamel Falcao -...
- 11:05 Man City star Yaya Toure makes shock Man United and Liverpool...
- 10:49 TEAM NEWS: Arsenal in CRISIS mode as injuries pile up ahead of...
- 10:43 Olivier Giroud set to RETURN to Arsenal training three weeks ahead...
- 09:29 Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher: How Man United should line up...
- 08:45 PAPER REVIEW: Liverpool rocked, Man Utd boost, Man City boss' pressure