Suspended head teacher quits job
A HEADTEACHER who was suspended from his £84,000-a-year post has resigned.
Governors from St George’s School in Marton announced John Townsend was stepping down from the top role in a letter to parents.
The note cited “significant personal circumstances” as the reason for his shock departure.
The Gazette revealed on Saturday how Mr Townsend, who only took the reins in September, had been suspended from the Cherry Tree Road school around three weeks ago.
Governors once again cited a personal matter as the reason for the suspension.
The Gazette understands it is not connected to any issues with pupils or as a result of any criminal proceedings against him.
Deacon Ann Wren, the... read more
Most read news
- 19:07 Luxottica explored Essilor deal but conditions were not right
- 19:03 Hartlepool motorists hit on busy rush-hour route after car fills...
- 19:00 Ashya family attack parents' arrest
- 18:58 Ashya family attack parents' arrest
- 18:55 Daley Blind joins Manchester United: Juan Mata lets slip that the...
- 18:44 Danny Welbeck having medical at Arsenal ahead of £6million loan...
- 17:34 Five players Arsenal could still sign before the end of transfer...
- 17:20 Radamel Falcao takes Manchester United transfer spending spree to...
- 17:06 Arsenal transfer news: Can the Gunners still make a deadline day...
- 13:44 How Liverpool proved they are still Premier League title contenders