Suspended head teacher quits job
A HEADTEACHER who was suspended from his £84,000-a-year post has resigned.
Governors from St George’s School in Marton announced John Townsend was stepping down from the top role in a letter to parents.
The note cited “significant personal circumstances” as the reason for his shock departure.
The Gazette revealed on Saturday how Mr Townsend, who only took the reins in September, had been suspended from the Cherry Tree Road school around three weeks ago.
Governors once again cited a personal matter as the reason for the suspension.
The Gazette understands it is not connected to any issues with pupils or as a result of any criminal proceedings against him.
Deacon Ann Wren, the... read more
Most read news
- 04:57 Uganda is a better holiday destination than Spain, president says
- 04:55 China's Xiao Guodong proves too strong for Ian Glover in UK Snooker...
- 04:53 China indexes up as mainland investors jump into rally, Hong Kong down
- 04:52 Phillip Hughes Dies After Severe Head Injury
- 04:48 Ex-Leeds soldier given new bail date over fraud allegations
- 04:41 YEP Reader Panel recruitment drive ahead of paper revamp: JOIN HERE
- 04:37 'Plebgate' Judge Set To Hand Down Ruling
- 04:31 Skynet drone-delivery mailbox in the running for $1m prize
- 04:24 Philippines economy slows sharply in third quarter
- 04:16 10 things to do across Scotland this weekend