Suspended head teacher quits job
A HEADTEACHER who was suspended from his £84,000-a-year post has resigned.
Governors from St George’s School in Marton announced John Townsend was stepping down from the top role in a letter to parents.
The note cited “significant personal circumstances” as the reason for his shock departure.
The Gazette revealed on Saturday how Mr Townsend, who only took the reins in September, had been suspended from the Cherry Tree Road school around three weeks ago.
Governors once again cited a personal matter as the reason for the suspension.
The Gazette understands it is not connected to any issues with pupils or as a result of any criminal proceedings against him.
Deacon Ann Wren, the... read more
Most read news
- 16:19 Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to arrive in US and make...
- 16:13 MH370 search nations trial long-haul plane tracking
- 16:11 Norwich 2-0 Ipswich: Bradley Johnson and Lewis Grabban fire hosts...
- 16:06 Pictured: Man knifed to death in Hamilton in late night street...
- 15:28 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger ready to show Per Mertesacker the exit...
- 15:20 Can Angel di Maria save his Manchester United career?
- 14:52 Manchester City players should be embarrassed for their performance...
- 14:37 Crocked Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard hails 'awesome' win over...
- 14:18 Liverpool v Manchester City - player ratings
- 13:38 Police officer stabbed in head during south London knife attack