Suspended head teacher quits job
A HEADTEACHER who was suspended from his £84,000-a-year post has resigned.
Governors from St George’s School in Marton announced John Townsend was stepping down from the top role in a letter to parents.
The note cited “significant personal circumstances” as the reason for his shock departure.
The Gazette revealed on Saturday how Mr Townsend, who only took the reins in September, had been suspended from the Cherry Tree Road school around three weeks ago.
Governors once again cited a personal matter as the reason for the suspension.
The Gazette understands it is not connected to any issues with pupils or as a result of any criminal proceedings against him.
Deacon Ann Wren, the... read more
Most read news
- 11:43 Would YOU sleep with this robot? Artist creates realistic CGI image...
- 11:37 Ambulance services bombarded with 100 calls an hour on 'Mad Friday'
- 11:37 Air China signs deal to purchase 60 Boeing B737 aircraft
- 11:30 Newcastle 0 Sunderland 1: Adam Johnson floors Magpies for third...
- 11:13 Arsenal may have had victory snatched away by Liverpool's injury...
- 11:13 Arsenal's Champions League checklist: Decide what to do with Danny...
- 11:12 2014, the year of the MONSTER SPROUT: Sunny autumn has made festive...
- 11:12 Transfer talk: Mats Hummels to Manchester United, Christophe Kramer...
- 09:53 Man shot dead in car in Sheffield city centre
- 09:51 Arsenal superfan Claude has "cancelled Christmas' after Liverpool...