Suspended head teacher quits job
A HEADTEACHER who was suspended from his £84,000-a-year post has resigned.
Governors from St George’s School in Marton announced John Townsend was stepping down from the top role in a letter to parents.
The note cited “significant personal circumstances” as the reason for his shock departure.
The Gazette revealed on Saturday how Mr Townsend, who only took the reins in September, had been suspended from the Cherry Tree Road school around three weeks ago.
Governors once again cited a personal matter as the reason for the suspension.
The Gazette understands it is not connected to any issues with pupils or as a result of any criminal proceedings against him.
Deacon Ann Wren, the... read more
Most read news
- 11:31 Pay it forward: Couple leave $100 tip to waiter ‘for pretty...
- 11:24 Horse injured in collision with Kenilworth car
- 11:16 Sainsbury's puts poster in window that customers were never meant...
- 11:14 Five-year fix at less than 3%? Mortgage price-war continues as...
- 11:03 Daniel Sturridge OUT of Liverpool's Champions League clash with FC...
- 10:44 TRANSFER NEWS: Ronaldo Utd return, Di Maria exit, Chelsea Talisca...
- 10:37 Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher tells Brendan Rodgers to sign...
- 10:21 Why Jose Mourinho really could be in for the long haul at Chelsea
- 10:18 Olivier Giroud: Arsenal and Giroud 'agree' new £80,000-a-week...
- 10:02 Angel Di Maria admits to already planning Man Utd EXIT