Suspended head teacher quits job
A HEADTEACHER who was suspended from his £84,000-a-year post has resigned.
Governors from St George’s School in Marton announced John Townsend was stepping down from the top role in a letter to parents.
The note cited “significant personal circumstances” as the reason for his shock departure.
The Gazette revealed on Saturday how Mr Townsend, who only took the reins in September, had been suspended from the Cherry Tree Road school around three weeks ago.
Governors once again cited a personal matter as the reason for the suspension.
The Gazette understands it is not connected to any issues with pupils or as a result of any criminal proceedings against him.
Deacon Ann Wren, the... read more
Most read news
- 10:36 Waitrose profits hit as supermarket invests in business to beat...
- 10:36 Randgold Resources slips on downgrades despite gold price rise
- 10:36 Atletico Madrid rule out stunning Premier League raid on Arsenal,...
- 10:36 Alastair Cook challenges young England team to build on landmark...
- 10:27 Passersby told bride ‘you look awful – so fat in that dress’ as she...
- 10:23 Sharp posts a 55% rise in operating profit
- 09:29 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United latest: Louis van Gaal wants £47m...
- 09:29 Liverpool transfer news: Reds prepare double swoop as moves for...
- 09:20 Downton Abbey series 5 is filming in Hogwarts
- 08:39 Chelsea set to open transfer talks with Real Madrid goalkeeper...