Suspended head teacher quits job
A HEADTEACHER who was suspended from his £84,000-a-year post has resigned.
Governors from St George’s School in Marton announced John Townsend was stepping down from the top role in a letter to parents.
The note cited “significant personal circumstances” as the reason for his shock departure.
The Gazette revealed on Saturday how Mr Townsend, who only took the reins in September, had been suspended from the Cherry Tree Road school around three weeks ago.
Governors once again cited a personal matter as the reason for the suspension.
The Gazette understands it is not connected to any issues with pupils or as a result of any criminal proceedings against him.
Deacon Ann Wren, the... read more
Most read news
- 21:36 Facebook to sell real-time Super Bowl ads, taking on Twitter
- 21:33 Facebook reports strong profits, adding millions of users
- 21:32 Group launched to tackle human trafficking in Stoke-on-Trent
- 21:32 TRANSFER NEWS: Arsenal and Chelsea's Destro hope, Man Utd Cuadrado...
- 21:25 Tesco Drink Recalled Over 'Disgusting Smell'
- 21:18 Apple takes high road in China smartphone standoff with Xiaomi
- 21:17 US Supreme Court delays executions while it decides on lethal...
- 19:33 In photos: The dogs of Winter Storm Juno
- 16:33 Arsenal go head-to-head with Real Madrid for SECOND La Liga star of...
- 15:46 Arsenal "to stump up £13.5m release clause' to beat Real Madrid to...