Suspended jail sentence for threats to kill wife
A JAIL sentence hangs over a dad currently living in Awsworth who grabbed a knife and threatened to slit his wife's throat at their home. Justin and Alison Hodges, who married 15 years ago, have been living separately since the incident in Meadow Vale, Duffield, on January 28.
Magistrates at Chesterfield heard that a row blew up after Hodges – who is currently staying at an address in Main Street, Awsworth – had been drinking that night. He grabbed her throat and she was struggling to breathe.
“He shouted that he was going to get a knife and slit her throat,” said Fernando Rodrigues, prosecuting.
“She heard him going through the cutlery drawer and he walked back upstairs, tried... read more
Most read news
- 06:49 Wojtek statue earmarked for world class home in Princes Street Gardens
- 06:43 Lincoln City coach David Preece has no arguments over Delano...
- 06:31 Actor Idris Elba and singer Shaun Escoffery on their special...
- 06:17 New direction needed, says Mexborough MP Ed
- 06:16 Rider’s four-hour 999 delay
- 06:12 My Christmas rituals: 21 celebrities reveal what they do on 25...
- 06:12 Madrid city guide: what to see plus the best bars, restaurants and...
- 06:12 Get to know the carmenère grape variety
- 06:12 Lauren Laverne: ‘It might be gauche to love Christmas, but I’m...
- 06:12 Nigel Slater’s seafood recipes