Suspended jail sentence for threats to kill wife
A JAIL sentence hangs over a dad currently living in Awsworth who grabbed a knife and threatened to slit his wife's throat at their home. Justin and Alison Hodges, who married 15 years ago, have been living separately since the incident in Meadow Vale, Duffield, on January 28.
Magistrates at Chesterfield heard that a row blew up after Hodges – who is currently staying at an address in Main Street, Awsworth – had been drinking that night. He grabbed her throat and she was struggling to breathe.
“He shouted that he was going to get a knife and slit her throat,” said Fernando Rodrigues, prosecuting.
“She heard him going through the cutlery drawer and he walked back upstairs, tried... read more
Most read news
- 17:53 American hedge fund billionaire Ken Griffin files for divorce while...
- 17:47 Ex-weightlifting ace Louis Martin backs Derby project to get more...
- 17:44 BGH claims no theatre drama
- 17:44 Rotary clubs unite to help Grantham Hospital patients
- 17:38 WWI themed fete a hit in Spalding
- 17:33 Ripon student preparing for 12 month Asian adventure
- 17:33 Collingham CC reach Waddilove cup final after nail-biting semi
- 17:29 Commonwealth Games 2014: Clarke on a crusade for English gold after...
- 17:23 Collingham CC reach Waddilove cup final after nail-biting semi
- 16:10 LCFC: New Premier League match day ticket prices announced