Suspended jail sentence for threats to kill wife
A JAIL sentence hangs over a dad currently living in Awsworth who grabbed a knife and threatened to slit his wife's throat at their home. Justin and Alison Hodges, who married 15 years ago, have been living separately since the incident in Meadow Vale, Duffield, on January 28.
Magistrates at Chesterfield heard that a row blew up after Hodges – who is currently staying at an address in Main Street, Awsworth – had been drinking that night. He grabbed her throat and she was struggling to breathe.
“He shouted that he was going to get a knife and slit her throat,” said Fernando Rodrigues, prosecuting.
“She heard him going through the cutlery drawer and he walked back upstairs, tried... read more
- 04:59 Man suffers facial injuries during assault in east Leeds
- 04:51 VIDEO: Amazing clip of life inside Big Bird’s suit with unstoppable...
- 04:34 Super Bev leads the Leeds runners tackling the Virgin Giving London...
- 04:32 PICTURES: Fun in the sun on St George’s Day
- 04:31 Stoke City v Sunderland: Meet 11 Black Cats purring for action
- 04:25 Back from the brink at the reinvented East Riding farm
- 03:40 Forced Indigenous exile during WW II – 'I couldn’t forget what...
- 03:21 New Arla milk intended to add value to dairy
- 03:20 SPFL Premiership previews
- 03:20 Denayer by name, denier by nature. Celtic star's dad is his biggest...