Suspended jail sentence for threats to kill wife
A JAIL sentence hangs over a dad currently living in Awsworth who grabbed a knife and threatened to slit his wife's throat at their home. Justin and Alison Hodges, who married 15 years ago, have been living separately since the incident in Meadow Vale, Duffield, on January 28.
Magistrates at Chesterfield heard that a row blew up after Hodges – who is currently staying at an address in Main Street, Awsworth – had been drinking that night. He grabbed her throat and she was struggling to breathe.
“He shouted that he was going to get a knife and slit her throat,” said Fernando Rodrigues, prosecuting.
“She heard him going through the cutlery drawer and he walked back upstairs, tried... read more
Most read news
- 08:40 Join team to tackle ‘Tough Mudder’ challenge
- 08:40 GCSE results and reaction as northern Lincolnshire students...
- 08:39 Unlucky Davide Santon out until November for Newcastle United
- 08:39 Ex-Ajax star Siem de Jong can’t expect to walk into Newcastle...
- 08:39 Illegal workers at Mansfield factory are deported
- 08:39 Customers at Sutton’s Idelwells Shopping Centre mark First World...
- 08:38 Public urged to report dirty dog owners
- 08:36 Manchester United free to complete Angel Di Maria transfer as PSG...
- 08:21 Salford City Council investigate Salford Red Devils funding move
- 08:18 'Bleach attack' leaves Hull model Toria Melody 'blind in one eye'