Suspended jail sentence for threats to kill wife
A JAIL sentence hangs over a dad currently living in Awsworth who grabbed a knife and threatened to slit his wife's throat at their home. Justin and Alison Hodges, who married 15 years ago, have been living separately since the incident in Meadow Vale, Duffield, on January 28.
Magistrates at Chesterfield heard that a row blew up after Hodges – who is currently staying at an address in Main Street, Awsworth – had been drinking that night. He grabbed her throat and she was struggling to breathe.
“He shouted that he was going to get a knife and slit her throat,” said Fernando Rodrigues, prosecuting.
“She heard him going through the cutlery drawer and he walked back upstairs, tried... read more
Most read news
- 11:04 Wigan boss Rosler named Championship Manager of the Month while...
- 11:01 Calçots in Catalonia where they know their onions
- 11:01 Mike Wilson’s wartime memories
- 10:59 Increase in affordable homes plan
- 10:59 Sport Relief mile appeal
- 10:59 Arsene Wenger: Nobody to blame for Jack Wilshere injury
- 10:55 Wenger refuses to put blame on Hodgson for allowing Wilshere to...
- 10:55 Curvy Carol Vorderman shows off her fabulous figure at Downing...
- 10:55 'He's not enjoying his football!' United must spend big this summer...
- 10:55 Benteke blames the pitch after missing open goal for Belgium...