Suspended jail sentence for threats to kill wife
A JAIL sentence hangs over a dad currently living in Awsworth who grabbed a knife and threatened to slit his wife's throat at their home. Justin and Alison Hodges, who married 15 years ago, have been living separately since the incident in Meadow Vale, Duffield, on January 28.
Magistrates at Chesterfield heard that a row blew up after Hodges – who is currently staying at an address in Main Street, Awsworth – had been drinking that night. He grabbed her throat and she was struggling to breathe.
“He shouted that he was going to get a knife and slit her throat,” said Fernando Rodrigues, prosecuting.
“She heard him going through the cutlery drawer and he walked back upstairs, tried... read more
Most read news
- 00:51 Ashley Giles reacts to the tragic death of Phillip Hughes by...
- 00:48 At least 100 dead after Islamists launch attack on Nigerian mosque
- 00:47 Your chance to visit a chocolate factory for a day
- 00:43 Quirky, playful and hi-tech: The best Christmas gifts for men
- 00:32 The Saturday Miscellany: How to sell Christmas; Arnaud Stevens'...
- 00:32 Best beauty gift sets for teens: Presents that will make them feel...
- 00:32 Charlotte Philby's Parental Leave: "I've committed the greatest...
- 00:32 Mark Hix recipes: Chestnuts can give bite to a salad, stuffing -...
- 00:32 An obsession with a beer's style can obscure rather than illuminate
- 00:32 Rick Stein, Winchester, restaurant review: Is this latest venture...