Suspended jail sentence for threats to kill wife
A JAIL sentence hangs over a dad currently living in Awsworth who grabbed a knife and threatened to slit his wife's throat at their home. Justin and Alison Hodges, who married 15 years ago, have been living separately since the incident in Meadow Vale, Duffield, on January 28.
Magistrates at Chesterfield heard that a row blew up after Hodges – who is currently staying at an address in Main Street, Awsworth – had been drinking that night. He grabbed her throat and she was struggling to breathe.
“He shouted that he was going to get a knife and slit her throat,” said Fernando Rodrigues, prosecuting.
“She heard him going through the cutlery drawer and he walked back upstairs, tried... read more
Most read news
- 10:42 Fire crews called to overturned car in Rotherham
- 10:39 Are new-look Chelsea conceding too many goals?
- 10:38 Police called in to separate Unionists and pro-independence...
- 10:31 Muslim protest against child abuse to be held in Rotherham today
- 10:29 Gareth Bale hints at Spurs return, Chelsea dismiss link with Real...
- 10:29 UK Imams call on 'immediate and unconditional' release of Alan...
- 10:21 Flashback to Manchester United's last meeting with Leicester City...
- 09:52 Arsene Wenger: I would bring Mesut Ozil to Arsenal for £42m all...
- 09:46 Beat cyber attacks with training and knowledge
- 09:38 Manchester United's Ashley Young at a loss to explain "bird poo'...