Suspended jail sentence for threats to kill wife
A JAIL sentence hangs over a dad currently living in Awsworth who grabbed a knife and threatened to slit his wife's throat at their home. Justin and Alison Hodges, who married 15 years ago, have been living separately since the incident in Meadow Vale, Duffield, on January 28.
Magistrates at Chesterfield heard that a row blew up after Hodges – who is currently staying at an address in Main Street, Awsworth – had been drinking that night. He grabbed her throat and she was struggling to breathe.
“He shouted that he was going to get a knife and slit her throat,” said Fernando Rodrigues, prosecuting.
“She heard him going through the cutlery drawer and he walked back upstairs, tried... read more
Most read news
- 05:16 Aung San Suu Kyi meets with Burma's president in milestone talks
- 05:15 Cop-Killer Suspect Held After 48-Day Manhunt
- 05:11 Will North Korea ever use its nuclear weapons?
- 05:05 Snooker ace Steve pots a £1m launch
- 05:04 Courageous MPs 'could be stifled' by voter recall
- 05:04 Selly Oak set to get another large student block
- 04:52 Sharp second-quarter operating profit slides 18.3 percent, below...
- 04:40 Japan coalition Komeito official says hard to raise sales tax as...
- 04:28 Danone to buy 25 percent of Chinese dairy firm Yashili for $550...
- 04:21 Forrest is making light work of his new exhibition