Suspended jail sentence for threats to kill wife
A JAIL sentence hangs over a dad currently living in Awsworth who grabbed a knife and threatened to slit his wife's throat at their home. Justin and Alison Hodges, who married 15 years ago, have been living separately since the incident in Meadow Vale, Duffield, on January 28.
Magistrates at Chesterfield heard that a row blew up after Hodges – who is currently staying at an address in Main Street, Awsworth – had been drinking that night. He grabbed her throat and she was struggling to breathe.
“He shouted that he was going to get a knife and slit her throat,” said Fernando Rodrigues, prosecuting.
“She heard him going through the cutlery drawer and he walked back upstairs, tried... read more
Most read news
- 19:35 Ebola virus: Top Sierra Leone doctor, Sheik Umar Khan, dies of...
- 19:34 French regulator rejects applications for free TV channels
- 19:26 BP fears sanctions over stake in Russian oil firm will hit profits
- 19:22 TUESDAY MARKET CLOSE: Car market growth jump-starts GKN
- 19:18 American opinion of Arabs, Muslims is getting worse- poll
- 17:39 WATCH: Divock Origi's FIRST interview as a Liverpool player after...
- 16:05 Are Arsene Wenger's Arsenal staff modelling themselves on...
- 16:05 Daniel Agger's transfer to Barcelona from Liverpool would make...
- 15:50 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer 'most watched film preview' of 2014
- 12:48 9 reasons why Arsenal NEED to sign Shakhtar Donetsk play-maker...