Suspended jail sentence for threats to kill wife
A JAIL sentence hangs over a dad currently living in Awsworth who grabbed a knife and threatened to slit his wife's throat at their home. Justin and Alison Hodges, who married 15 years ago, have been living separately since the incident in Meadow Vale, Duffield, on January 28.
Magistrates at Chesterfield heard that a row blew up after Hodges – who is currently staying at an address in Main Street, Awsworth – had been drinking that night. He grabbed her throat and she was struggling to breathe.
“He shouted that he was going to get a knife and slit her throat,” said Fernando Rodrigues, prosecuting.
“She heard him going through the cutlery drawer and he walked back upstairs, tried... read more
Most read news
- 22:54 Supermarket shares hit 11-year low in sector slump
- 22:54 Babcock and BAE share £3.2bn naval contracts bonanza
- 22:54 Jim Armitage: Chasing pesky creditors, the Wonga way
- 22:54 Market Report: Bad news from supermarkets sees FTSE slump to...
- 22:51 Friends and family of teenager who hanged herself pin blame on...
- 22:43 Brendan Rodgers slams Liverpool's 'very, very poor' defending as...
- 22:24 Wrestling stars to present ‘Funny in the Bank’ show as part of...
- 22:17 Arsenal v Galatasaray - player ratings
- 22:17 Fiona McCade: Beyoncé is not a feminist
- 21:59 Arsenal 4 Galatasaray 1: Danny Welbeck hits first Gunners hat-trick...