Suspended jail sentence for threats to kill wife
A JAIL sentence hangs over a dad currently living in Awsworth who grabbed a knife and threatened to slit his wife's throat at their home. Justin and Alison Hodges, who married 15 years ago, have been living separately since the incident in Meadow Vale, Duffield, on January 28.
Magistrates at Chesterfield heard that a row blew up after Hodges – who is currently staying at an address in Main Street, Awsworth – had been drinking that night. He grabbed her throat and she was struggling to breathe.
“He shouted that he was going to get a knife and slit her throat,” said Fernando Rodrigues, prosecuting.
“She heard him going through the cutlery drawer and he walked back upstairs, tried... read more
Most read news
- 07:08 Sheffield home roof costs of £67m ‘too high’ - says resident
- 07:08 Sheffield hospital’s tiny patients benefit from new kit
- 07:08 ABB third-quarter orders beat expectations, outlook uncertain
- 07:08 October 22: Daily Record breakfast news blog LIVE
- 07:06 Dubai bank ENBD third quarter profit doubles on higher income,...
- 07:03 Live: News for Birmingham and the West Midlands on October 22nd
- 07:02 Brendan Rodgers: Liverpool stars can become legends with victory...
- 07:02 We salute Project Bugle’s unsung heroes
- 07:02 European Factors to Watch-Shares set to extend rebound
- 06:57 We salute Project Bugle’s unsung heroes